He Called me Stupid..is it Emotional abuse?

Options

Replies

• JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm able to pick up on the behaviour and not be totally blinded by "love"

That is good, however, it's not "love" on his part. No one that loves you would treat you like that. Don't waste another second in a relationship with him. Dump him now!
  • jak2315
    jak2315 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is abuse. The guy's a d***....LEAVE!!!
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, you know it is.

THIS. No one should be treated that way. You deserve better.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Relationships should be friendly and respectful, at a minimum. If they are not, then there is a problem and that relationship should change.

If you find yourself in a relationship with someone who treats you worse than they would treat a complete stranger, then GTFO. You don't do yourself any favors hanging around.

He's a ****. Move on.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are "stupid" for putting up with it

That's not very productive

I agree

I'm sorry.
    You should seek real help from a legitimate source.
    The people on this forum cannot hold your hand and walk you into a police station, or therapy session.
    Please find help.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I really don't feel this girl needs to here she is stupid again. She is getting it from one D-Bag...now you. Leave her alone!
  • emilyhawarah
    Options
    Hey wait im Canadian, is it me?-Ty

Must. Move. To. Canada.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    You are in no way being crazy, and you probably should have left him a long time ago, he sounds like an *kitten*.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Get out yesterday.....
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, you know it is.

^this

Yup!
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Leave, leave, leave !!

Too many women endure those kind of situation and it never, NEVER gets better. A man who loves you will never treat you like that.

Love is supposed to be simple, easy and funny.
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Emotional and physical abuse. Get out before it gets worse.

He doesn't love you. He loves feeling superior to you. You deserve someone who loves you. Not someone who loves to belittle and hit you.

Is that confirmation enough?

Personally, I'd say get out now, rather than waiting. But do what you have to to preserve your safety.

A**
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    He slaps you in the face and your concern is that he called you stupid? In what alternate dimension is slapping someone in the face socially acceptable in any shape or form?
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    Just sounds like drama to me. Maybe that's why you're with this guy?

He sounds really childish. Blocking from Facebook? Please. Fights happen in relationships. As long as it hasn't happened before and he doesn't have a history I wouldn't be too bent out of shape about it. Get over it. Sounds like you both are butt hurt.
  • Margentine
    Margentine Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The next time he playfully slaps you, playfully kick him in the balls.

good one :devil:
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

That's not very productive

I agree

I'm sorry.
    You should seek real help from a legitimate source.
    The people on this forum cannot hold your hand and walk you into a police station, or therapy session.
    Please find help.
    There is a reason abusive relationships exist...people just can't just walk away. If it were easy to walk away people would never be in the relationship to begin with. Sometimes people need words of encouragement or to have their thoughts validated. We are humans, not super heros. Cut her some slack and shut the H*LL UP!
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are leaving him. My father was an abusive alcoholic. It never gets better. Only worse.
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    yes he is emotionally abusing you. And physically which I will tell you right here and now.... WILL GET WORSE. Get out!
  • noretreat
    Options
    If you stick around that guy you are just proving he's right. Get smart, kick hiss *kitten* to the curb.
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's abuse. You need to leave! You deserve sooo much better.