He Called me Stupid..is it Emotional abuse?

Options

Replies

• nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    wow.. your not crazy, leave his *kitten*! you're too good for him !
  • deejayy89
    deejayy89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Kick his behind to the curb! No woman ever has to put up with a man who is abusive! Do yourself a favor and be done with him!!
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    The next time he playfully slaps you, playfully kick him in the balls.
    Hahahaha this!!
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You know hon, the fact that you're asking people to confirm and back you up suggests your confidence has already been knocked more than it ought to have been :(

From my point of view (from someone who doesn't know you and has only read your post!) it does not sound good. Worse, it sounds familiar - sounds like my ex. I stayed far too long and ignored the warning signs. Whole thing did a bit of damage to me, you know? Don't let that happen to you. Like most people on here, I say run. Relationships are supposed to make you happy and secure, make you feel like you can do or achieve anything you want. You should know you are loved, and feel no doubt.

And all the best to you, you deserve it :)
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just sounds like drama to me. Maybe that's why you're with this guy?

Really? Just, really? That's your helpful advice? What are you going to offer next, that she must enjoy being hit and called stupid and that's why she's with him? Or that maybe she deserves it?

Don't comment if you're going to be mean.
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are "stupid" for putting up with it

I know you don't mean to be awful, but this is an awful thing to say to someone reaching out about being abused.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    *raises eyebrow*
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good for u leave his behind! No one needs a person in their life that makes them feel bad about themselves, It really sounds like he some problems he needs to work on not ur problem! It sounds like he's doing whatever he can to push u to leave maybe he's not man enough to say so, the old saying goes actions speak louder than words! I would be gone yesterday! Verbal abuse is just as bad as physical. God bless you deserve better!
  • Didi_heehee
    Options
    You go girl!!! Do whats best for you!!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options

That's not very productive

I agree

I'm sorry.
    You should seek real help from a legitimate source.
    The people on this forum cannot hold your hand and walk you into a police station, or therapy session.
    Please find help.
    There is a reason abusive relationships exist...people just can't just walk away. If it were easy to walk away people would never be in the relationship to begin with. Sometimes people need words of encouragement or to have their thoughts validated. We are humans, not super heros. Cut her some slack and shut the H*LL UP!

My apology is sincere.
    My mother still refuses to leave her abusive bf after over 20yrs.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hey wait im Canadian, is it me?-Ty

last thing I need right now it another man..lol

Can I have him?
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    This has made my blood boil. This is abuse. You need to finish with him and never look back. You deserve so much better than that prick!
  • EndofEternity
    Options
    If you have to ask, you know it is.

^this

Yup!

Not necessarily. In some cases it can be simple misunderstanding and/or bad communication. Not this case, of course.
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    RUN! Run far, far away!

this and run as fast as you can girl! Once a friend told me that a guy will treat you in the way YOU allowed him to do it... We won't have a Prince Charmin if you choose a frog!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Please leave and be safe. What you are going thru is abuse, and it certainly could escalate, so get out while you can.

I hope you enjoy Canada.
  • 77Maria
    77Maria Posts: 90
    Options
    Don't wait, and I say that because it sounds like as your trip approaches, the situation may get more volatile. Because he is well aware of your trip. Begin as soon as you possibly can.....Begin your new life!
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I know you don't mean to be awful, but this is an awful thing to say to someone reaching out about being abused.

I honestly think that they *were* trying to be awful. For every five nice, supportive people on MFP, there's at least one mean, nasty a*****e.
  • Margentine
    Margentine Posts: 113 Member
    Options

That's not very productive

I agree

I'm sorry.
    You should seek real help from a legitimate source.
    The people on this forum cannot hold your hand and walk you into a police station, or therapy session.
    Please find help.

Apology accepted...you probably meant well. thanks for your advice.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    yes he is emotionally abusing you. And physically which I will tell you right here and now.... WILL GET WORSE. Get out!

This.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person who it's being said to. If you're a saucy woman who is quick to retort with your own insult right back, then name calling can be humorous and a lot of fun. But if you're not that kind of girl then he should be able to pick up on that and stop being derogatory.