FR messages with meaning.

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Side note: An ALL FEMALE MFP would be my worst nightmare come true.

F*** THAT!

Freaking estrogen flying through the air smacking you in the face all the time... estrogen with little manicured claws trying to fight like a kitty with a ball of yarn.

No thanks.

Yup... If I wanted all female anything I take my big butt back over to Babycenter....
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I find a FR without any kind of message odd. Kind of...disembodied, especially if I cant' see their profile.

Name:
    Picture of (cat, body part, junk, flower, closeup of body part so you can't tell what it is, blurry body part so you can't tell what it is, clear picture of body part so you wish your eyes would burn up, etc)

Then blankness.

Weird. I find it weird.

Pictures of baby giraffes make me happy though, Contrarian. :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't get creepy requests... My fluffy dog apparently doesn't attract such attention.

I'm not sure if I'm overjoyed or completely disheartened.

You don't need a beautiful picture for your profile (though you did have one, in the past). You're clearly fabulous!

And you know I mean it too =p.

*smooches* Some co-workers joined MFP, so I remain incognito *sigh*
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I seem to get loads of FRs after I have a popular blog. This frustrates me because most of the people (not all, by any means) that friend me to subscribe to my blogs, are NOT the kind of people that motivate me, or who's drivel I want to see on my news feed.

I like seeing snark and wit and info and all of it equally spaced out between people logging some serious SERIOUS workouts. I dont want to have it cluttered up with people who just walked their nonexistent dog @ 3.5 for 30 mins a day.

I dont want cheerleaders, I want peers.

Sucks cause I cant tell if youre a peer until I add you and see wha tyou are like first- but those FR messages do tell me a lot.

If it just says- OMG YOU MOTIVATE ME SO MUCH AND THATS WHAT I NEED, SOMEONE TO KICK MY *kitten* AND PUSH ME TO EXERCISE!!! I will probably block you.

I have to motivate and challenge myself. If you cant get up and own something you claim to want, then I certainly cant help you.

/rant
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I never get creepy requests. I feel so left out. SOFAKINGSAD! :sad:

You are not alone... I don't get them either... I guess I'm just not sexay enough...

Me either :sad:
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I GET A LOT OF BLANK ONES BUT I JUST ACCEPT BECAUSE THEY ARE MOSTLY WOMEN. HOWEVER, IF I THINK A GUY IS HOT I WILL SEND A REQUEST WITH A SIMPLE MESSAGE.... THIS IS A SHALLOW FRIEND REQUEST, I THINK YOU ARE GORGEOUS. HAVEN'T BEEN DENIED YET :)
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I really wish we had a girls only myfitnesspal. It would make things soooo much more fun. Sorry guys. You ruin the fun.

Wow. :cry:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I like seeing snark and wit and info and all of it equally spaced out between people logging some serious SERIOUS workouts. I dont want to have it cluttered up with people who just walked their nonexistent dog @ 3.5 for 30 mins a day.

haha, that's brilliant. :)
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    The bean one. I'd like to note, it was titled "A Burden Off My Chest"

What is up girl! I know we've never met but from the amount of time I've *kitten* to your pictures, we should be married. So let's cut the small talk and get the ball rolling so we can both get what we really want. I have no doubt that you're admiring my physique even as I'm writing this, so feel free to flick the bean if you have to. Now I'm sure what jerkoffs you've been dating lately, but I think it's time you ditched those diamonds in the rough and put your self in a relationship with yours truely. I'll treat you the way you deserve from giving you sensual deep tissue massages by the fireplace, to feeding you chocolate coated cherries from my mouth, all the way down to holding your hand when you weep whilst watching My Girl. So take a step forward and treat yourself to some real loving courtesy.

Is anyone else imagining this face while reading this?

Ron-Burgundy1.sflb.ashx&width=580&height=350&quality=85&mode=crop
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I really wish we had a girls only myfitnesspal. It would make things soooo much more fun. Sorry guys. You ruin the fun.

EDIT: with no MODS as well.

lame, i notice the same group of drama queens on here. mfp would be better off without them. sorry.
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    Girls, feel free to send me a friend request with a creepy message any time.

creepy......im just saying
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Whilst I don't stipulate on my profile that I require a message with a FR (actually I don't see it as important) I still have had a lot of really kind things said in a FR and PMs. Whilst I don't really accept FRs once I get over 30 or so I always appreciate the thought and let the sender know.

I think this site has many beautiful people and it seems you get what you give...
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    A tribute to my old friend ElExGordo. May he rest in peace.
    Now there was a douche, if I ever saw one.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I don't get creepy requests... My fluffy dog apparently doesn't attract such attention.

I'm not sure if I'm overjoyed or completely disheartened.

You don't need a beautiful picture for your profile (though you did have one, in the past). You're clearly fabulous!

And you know I mean it too =p.

*smooches* Some co-workers joined MFP, so I remain incognito *sigh*

It's ok...if you weren't 2" taller than I am, I'd already have made my way up there to propose. The fluffy puppy does help to reduce the temptation, but not by as much as one might think lol. The height thing is a far greater deterrent!
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

lame, i notice the same group of drama queens on here. mfp would be better off without them. sorry.

to each their own!
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

What is up girl! I know we've never met but from the amount of time I've *kitten* to your pictures, we should be married. So let's cut the small talk and get the ball rolling so we can both get what we really want. I have no doubt that you're admiring my physique even as I'm writing this, so feel free to flick the bean if you have to. Now I'm sure what jerkoffs you've been dating lately, but I think it's time you ditched those diamonds in the rough and put your self in a relationship with yours truely. I'll treat you the way you deserve from giving you sensual deep tissue massages by the fireplace, to feeding you chocolate coated cherries from my mouth, all the way down to holding your hand when you weep whilst watching My Girl. So take a step forward and treat yourself to some real loving courtesy.

omg i can't breathe right now bahahahahahahahahah :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed perhaps the less clothing and more cleavage in your profile pic, the more frequent and creepy the friend request?
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    To be fair, My Girl *was* a real tear-jerker...

It really was!
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Bwahhhaaaaaa. That is ridic!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

That comment was totally uncalled for, as this topic had nothing to do with you in the first place.