What is a turn off for you ( Male & Female)

Options

Replies

• Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    (Left turn!!)

I would have preferred to see a topic called "What is a turn on for you (Male & Female)"

oooo I think I'll do that now.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Smell of tuna.....
  • SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    Options
    HUGE turn on forme is Women who wear Glasses!! I don't know why but I'm going Gaga!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    (Left turn!!)

I would have preferred to see a topic called "What is a turn on for you (Male & Female)"

oooo I think I'll do that now.

Waiting for it. Lol.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Duck Face.
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    SMOKING, SMOKING, SMOKING!

Did I mention smoking?

An ugly personality with any head games or extreme emotional baggage.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Is this the daily hater post?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Wow, it seems some of you are taking this thread as a chance to just lash out at the things about people you hate. This thread is about pet-peeves or turn offs; not personally attacking people who happen to fit into the category of things you don't like. Calling people gross and ugly and making you want to puke is unnecessary and overreacting.

Some people just can't answer a simple question without getting on their soapbox. I'm done checking out this thread.

That's what the OP did in the very first post that started this thread. It was a recipe for disaster from the beginning.

Now some of you think it's ok to bash smokers, or women with muscles. Hey it's just your opinion right? You're allowed to have your own preference, aren't you?

Until something gets said that you don't like. Then there will be calls to shut this thread down. Because you know what's funny? I have not seen one post, not one, saying "Fat women. I think they're gross and they smell. They disgust me. I truly find them to be repulsive."

Still think it's ok because it's just my opinion?

(point of clarification I in no way, shape or form feel like that. Just trying to illustrate a point)
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    lack of Cleanliness, red eyes, and crying, crying makes me sick I cannot handle a man who cries at the drop of a hat.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    misogyny
    misandry
    racism
    homophobia
    ...really any lack of acceptance & compassion for others, whether explicit or implicit ("jokes")

low self-esteem
    passivity
    egocentricity

to name a few
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    chest hair. and smoking.
  • My1985Freckles
    Options
    Poor posture. I see so many otherwise attractive women who look like they're practicing to develop a hump in later life.

LOL This made me just sit upright in my chair. I don't want no hump!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Until something gets said that you don't like. Then there will be calls to shut this thread down. Because you know what's funny? I have not seen one post, not one, saying "Fat women. I think they're gross and they smell. They disgust me. I truly find them to be repulsive."

(point of clarification I in no way, shape or form feel like that. Just trying to illustrate a point)

Guess what?!

I am perfectly okay with that.
    You know why?!

Bcuz I love myself and who I am and that is just YOUR opinion.
    There are many out there that dont think that way and YOUR opinion does not relfect my opinion on myself.

:flowerforyou:
  • My1985Freckles
    Options
    People who look down on others because of how they look or their background. People who are intelligent who think they are wise.. in my experience if you are arrogant enough to do the above you are not for me!

I love that you made the distinction between wisdom and intelligence. Most people seem to miss this.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Wow, it seems some of you are taking this thread as a chance to just lash out at the things about people you hate. This thread is about pet-peeves or turn offs; not personally attacking people who happen to fit into the category of things you don't like. Calling people gross and ugly and making you want to puke is unnecessary and overreacting.

Some people just can't answer a simple question without getting on their soapbox. I'm done checking out this thread.

That's what the OP did in the very first post that started this thread. It was a recipe for disaster from the beginning.

Now some of you think it's ok to bash smokers, or women with muscles. Hey it's just your opinion right? You're allowed to have your own preference, aren't you?

I agree. I'm done here. No point in defending myself here.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options

haha. nice back pedal there.

I think it's one thing to say "i hate smokers" vs "smoking is a turn off for me"

I also think there is a difference between saying "NO FAT CHICKS" vs. "it's a turn off for me when someone doesn't take care of themselves"

For me, the overweight/smoking thing is both part of the same problem: not taking care of yourself. The difference for me, and why smoking is worse, is because smoking actually makes other people sick too.

And people who say they don't like muscles on girls- whateves. To me, thats like saying "I don't like brunettes"...a big glaring WHO CARES.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    For males & females, I hate smoking. I think you smell gross. And you look gross too. :(

I think you look gross too!! For ugly braids and being such an *kitten* hat:)

Just because it is a turn off for you doesn't give you the right to put smokers down and call them gross!!

whoah! Personal attack much???

I see what you're saying but I want to clarify why I don't think the statement was rude.

I waited tables for years. We had a smoking and a non-smoking section. I didn't even have to ASK. I could tell the smokers from the non-smokers 99% of the time. It DOES SOMETHING to your skin. I can't put my finger on it, but it's true. The ONLY time I was wrong was when it was a long time smoker who quit.

Smoking is nasty. It just is. I have lots of friends who smoke. Beautiful people. Nasty habit.

How was the OP's post not a personal attack as well??? I don't really think she is gross at all, It was to prove a point!!

I'm not a smoker and I'm not saying it doesn't stink or that it isn't a bad habbit but it is not okay to say what the OP said.

i hear ya. She/he whoever it was could have had more tact. But i still agree that smokers, generally, smell gross and in fact have a certain unattractive look to them as a result of the bad habit.

But i do think her post was more genericly aimed at a group of people with a habit while your comment was directed at that one person personally.... your attack did seem a bit more personal.

Yes it did but it was more to maybe help OP realize how it feels to be put down regardless of the reason!! Had the same words been posted with a different preface it would have started a **** storm!

Examples (in no way shape or form do I feel this way or think this way)

For males & females, I hate __fat people__. I think you smell gross. And you look gross too

or

For males & females, I hate __skinny people__. I think you smell gross. And you look gross too

or

For males & females, __a certain race__. I think you smell gross. And you look gross too

Those topics would have caused WW3...but because it was only about smokers it is okay???

People need to learn it is okay to give an opinion; it is not okay to call people names or put them down for any reason whatsoever!!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Getting kicked in the shins repeatedly. I hate that.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think outy belly buttons are eeewww.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love people that know how to build Pine Cone Bird Feeders.