Age Difference for dating?

Options

Replies

• Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are almost 13 years apart. I do not care, and it does not matter to me at all. The only time I felt concerned was when he was telling his family about me and I feared they would immediately think I was some immature little girl. But, I think they like me and I adore them all. I love my boyfriend with all of me and age truely doesnt matter.. plus he is sexy so.....
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    I'm 25 my boyfriend is 50. I have tried to date guys my own age but I feel like I'm babysitting. Not that there aren't mature young guys out there I just haven't had any luck with finding them.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Following the rule, my age range for guys would be 17-26...i'm 20 and my boyfriend is 24 :) xox
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    My husband is 5 years younger than me. He was 24 and I was 29 when we married. It seems to run in my family, My dad was 5 years younger than my step-mom, and my son is 5 years younger than his wife. Which makes it kinda of strange when you think about it. I had my boys when I was 16 so my husband is only 12 years older than my boys, and he addopted them. Then my DIL is only 12 years younger than me and she has a son that is 12. So I am a gma @ 42 to a 12 year old boy. But were all happy and all get along really well :smile:

When/if (I say when becuase I know we will eventually get married) but if we did today I would be a gma to 2 beautful boys and a girl as his two girls have kids.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I dunno, Im a sucker for a guy a couple years younger than me. Im young, I need someone with the ability and desire to keep up. or compete.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i was recently divorced from a man 12 years older. now i'm dating a man 9 yrs younger. maturity is definately not based on age! lol
  • healthybodyhealthymind
    Options
    I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 36. We're 15 years apart and it's something that neither of us notice. Of course until he talks about a movie from years ago and I have no idea what he's talking about (lol). I'm not your average 21 year old. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, and I don't party. I have a very good head on my shoulders and we fit perfectly well together. To the people around you it may seem like a big deal, and wrong..but when you're in it it's completely different. I've never been happier.
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A post on the booty call thread got me thinking about this...what is your maximum age difference for dating?

My husband and I are 8 years apart (currently 9 since he just turned 43 and I'll be 35 in a month and a half).

I was 22 and he was 30 when we started dating.

Edited to add: We've never really noticed the age difference (unless our friends and his family teased him about robbing the cradle). But we both have the same pop culture references from the 80's. I do tease him once in a while about when he was in HS, I was still in elementry school! HA! I guess I've always just been more mature for my age because I'd NEVER dated guys my own age (couldn't stand them) and my dad always told me that when I settled down it would be with an older guy.

I'm the same way. I can't stand the available guys my age. My first super serious longterm boyfriend at 21 was 29. My current boyfriend is 40 and I'm 27. We've been together four years this fall. I don't think my parents approved of the age difference, but seeing as how I am mature (and always have been for my age), we get along just fine. BEST sex of my life, not to mention. An older guy has time to practice. Anyways, it was actually me who was not certain an age gap larger than 10 years would work. But seriously...I just fell into it, and into love with him. To hell with age. And lucky for me, my guy looks ten years younger than his real age. Nobody thinks he's a day over 32. He takes great care of himself, so I think we're going to have a nice life together.
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My good friend is 30 and her husband is in her 50's. They met when she was in her early twenties and her was obviously much older. It really depends on your personality, his personality, and the relationship. If it works, it works.
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    My first real boyfriend I was 18 and he was 27. We lasted about 5 years. He married a girl 4 years younger than me. That lasted about 4 years lol. But, for some people it works!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    there was a 16 year difference between me and my ex husband - I think age is immaterial it is all to do with maturity - I don't worry about age difference so much as what they are like as a person - although I don't think I would have a toy boy - unless they were a lot more mature
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I would say that I wouldn't want to date anyone who is more than 8 years older then me, or less than 2 years younger. That being said, I guess it would all depend on the connection I have with the person. Each person is different, and each person acts differently at various ages.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    All your formulas, limits and restrictions will go out the window if you find the one who matters. Of course, if your rules are too strict, you might overlook that one, like I almost did.

This.

more than ever, i believe this now :)
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    My boyfriend is only nine months older than me - I turned 48 in November, and he turned 49 in February.

The biggest age difference was a guy I went out on one date with when I was 22, and he was 33, so only 11 years. I never went out with him again because, despite the age difference, he was a big baby!
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    my partners mother is 8 years older than me. Thats the wierdiest part. Other than that It works great for us. Im 52 he is 40.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    When it comes down to it, age doesn't really matter. But I do notice there are certain points in ones life where people just have different goals and priorities that make it weird. For instance, I am 22 and my boyfriend is 24, but a lot of his friends are 28-30...they're all getting married and buying houses and talking about having kids...I just don't want that yet!!!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and my bf is 52. Its kinda crazy to know that when I was a newborn, he was a senior in high school but its worked for us. I've never liked men my own age, way too immature....and younger guys are just not an option ( I have no patience and they remind me of puppies lol ).
    It works for us. Age isn't an issue with us.
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    No one old enough to be your father and no one young enough to be your son. Gives about a 30 year span to choose from!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are separated by 12 years. It normally doesn't make a difference. We have different experiences, but that can be as much because she grew up in Kansas and I grew up in the Northeast or for a dozen other reasons. There are times that we've both been worried about it as we get older, but I love her and she loves me and that's what really matters.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    No one old enough to be your father and no one young enough to be your son. Gives about a 30 year span to choose from!

Ahh unfortunately, this too fails - at least in my position.