Age Difference for dating?

Options

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm truly saddened at the number of beautiful women in this thread that wouldn't date me due to my age!!

Basically, that's what it's like to be a woman.

Lol...ok, you've definitely got to clarify this one =p.

By the way, from your other post...you're one of them!

Men, in general, look for women who are younger than they are. So every year a woman ages, her dating pool shrinks. Most women wouldn't think twice about dating a man 10 years older, but most guys (I say *most* here, not all) won't even consider dating a woman 10 years older. It's not as strict as it used to be, but still generally true...

And yeah, I'm one of them. I don't see the point of dating that much older than me. If he has more in common with my dad than me, something is wrong. It's a generational issue for me...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    My husband (who's 41) is 5 years younger than me.
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm truly saddened at the number of beautiful women in this thread that wouldn't date me due to my age!!

You're right, I think 99 is a little out of most of those ranges... ;)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Men, in general, look for women who are younger than they are. So every year a woman ages, her dating pool shrinks. Most women wouldn't think twice about dating a man 10 years older, but most guys (I say *most* here, not all) won't even consider dating a woman 10 years older. It's not as strict as it used to be, but still generally true...

And yeah, I'm one of them. I don't see the point of dating that much older than me. If he has more in common with my dad than me, something is wrong. It's a generational issue for me...

I see what you mean...and yes that makes complete sense.

But for the record, your Dad would have to be pretty freakin young for me to have more in common with him than you lol.

Other than that we're both male, of course!
  • crisanderson27
    Options

You're right, I think 99 is a little out of most of those ranges... ;)

Ahh, but...I'm a young 99?
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options

Ah this is true but in my experience the guys always end up with women their own age for the long term and toss the younger ones in the end. Just my two cents.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It's not something I have actual "rules" about, but I tend to be interested in men who are significantly older, for a lot of reasons. The Age Of Maturity seems to get higher every year, and the line separating boys from men rises with it. It's also largely a personality thing (mine). The oldest guy was 15 years older, but my last serious (and most serious) relationship was with a guy barely 4 years older. The only real downside I can think of to marrying a significantly older man is having to live a long time without him if he didn't live to be very, very old.

One of the most happily married couples I know have a 20-year age difference. It's like so much else about the opposite sex... it's case by case.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Ah this is true but in my experience the guys always end up with women their own age for the long term and toss the younger ones in the end. Just my two cents.

That probably won't be me. I have almost nothing in common with women my age...and it's not a maturity thing either. It's more of a belief system thing (and I don't mean religion). What's funny, is I'm finding to have ANY commonalities...the girls I date will have to be either sub 30 (it's semi frightening how low that goes too...which sucks for me), or post 60.

Yes, I'm likely to remain single for my remaining life.../sigh.
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options

There ain't no party like a centenarian party!
  • crisanderson27
    Options

There ain't no party like a centenarian party!

Yeah, looking forward to THAT one =p.
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Age is simply a number. If two people love and deeply care about each other, then why can't it work? Everyone deserves to be happy, right? I mean, I'm not saying that I, at 25, would date someone my parents age or older... but you all know what I mean!?
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options

That probably won't be me. I have almost nothing in common with women my age...and it's not a maturity thing either. It's more of a belief system thing (and I don't mean religion). What's funny, is I'm finding to have ANY commonalities...the girls I date will have to be either sub 30 (it's semi frightening how low that goes too...which sucks for me), or post 60.

Yes, I'm likely to remain single for my remaining life.../sigh.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Resigned to singledom 'cause eventually the dudes I have stuff in common with grow out of the midlife crisis lol
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    What's funny, is I'm finding to have ANY commonalities...the girls I date will have to be either sub 30 (it's semi frightening how low that goes too...which sucks for me), or post 60.

You wound me.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and my husband is 43.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    What's funny, is I'm finding to have ANY commonalities...the girls I date will have to be either sub 30 (it's semi frightening how low that goes too...which sucks for me), or post 60.

You wound me.

Well...it's just been my experience =p!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    I'm 6 yrs younger than my husband. I personally have never been attracted to guys around my age. I would get along better with their mothers than them. So I prefer older lol.
  • wccngr
    wccngr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My longterm boyfriend is 38, I'm 25. I have had an additional longstanding relationship with a man who is 44 and another that is 35. I've always dated older men in my life. I'm the girl who had a 19 year old boyfriend when I was HS. And no - he wasn't a creeper.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    My longterm boyfriend is 38, I'm 25. I have had an additional longstanding relationship with a man who is 44 and another that is 35. I've always dated older men in my life. I'm the girl who had a 19 year old boyfriend when I was HS. And no - he wasn't a creeper.

My son's mother is 25...and while I'm NOT actually 99, your boyfriends age is pretty comparable.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing someone who's 42 and I'm 26 so its 16 yr difference. It would probably feel weird if I was 20 I think. It doesn't bother me now though.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    [/quote]

My girlfriend and I have a very similar age difference. She is 12 years, 8 months older than me, but I could not be happier. She is the most beautiful woman on Earth, and we share the same desires, goals, and interests. It makes me happy to hear success stories of other couples... As a hopeless romantic, I believe in true love, soul mates, and fate. I truly believe and feel that she is mine. She owns my heart, and I could see myself with no other woman. Sometimes, it's just meant to be! I love you, ms_tris! :love:
    [/quote]

Ours has worked out truly great and we never want to be apart. We have about everything in common but are accepting of our differences too. I can't imagine being with anyone else. He's my twinsoul:) He feels the same way. People think we are still on our honeymoon! Hope your relationship works out for you both also:) Finding one's other half is the greatest, isn't it? :)