MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning:flowerforyou:

7 miles at a very easy pace for me this morning. It was eerily quiet out. I guess everyone was sleeping off their celebrations.:tongue:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a great 4th! Today is a much needed rest day for me. think I overdid it a little over the last couple days.

Have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Missed my run this morning. Pulled something in my back yesterday and I can hardly bend over to tie my shoes. Maybe tomorrow.

Hope you're feeling better today.:flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a great 4th! Today is a much needed rest day for me. think I overdid it a little over the last couple days.

Have a great day :flowerforyou:

Good for you! You are so smart to listen to your body and take a day when you need it.:flowerforyou:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

It's been awhile, I'm back from Arizona. My 13's team did really well, came home with a trophy... they were so excited and sad because the seasons over. I've moved to Sacramento which I'm really excited about because theres a bike/running trail that goes for miles. I won't have internet there til Wednesday so I'm posting here at my parents before I go back over there. I can see everyones been running a lot which is great! I just ordered a HRM, should be here Tuesday, the polor f6 and my dad is going to look at a bike with me later, I need to get some good cross training in plus I have a great place to ride now, I can't wait!

I'm planning on donig 10 this evening, HAPPY RUNNING! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July :happy:

kechie- Thanks for always keeping the post going :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Yeah racers! Great job!!! :drinker:

I am now an official 4th of July statistic. We had a party in our old neighborhood. Hubby and I went early to prep food and took our dog. I was taking her home when blamo! I got t-boned in my 6 day old car (not new, but new to me) by a 16 year old in a minivan. Took out my front bumper, driver's side front quarter panel and driver side door. I can not believe how much my back hurts today! I am so frustrated by the potential delay in running, not to mention, I STILL can not understand how he did not see me...I was in front of the driveaway he was pulling into. Where the heck was he looking if not at the space he was going?!?! :grumble: So to be safe, tomorrow will be spent at the doctor and chiropractor. Hopefully it's just a bit of muscle spasm which will resolve in a day or two. So aggravating!!! And it ruined my record of never having been in an accident! :frown:

I hope everyone else had a much healthier and happier 4th of July! :smile:

Becky
  • bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    wow, that's scary...and i thought i had a bad weekend. hope your recovery is quick and you're back out there running this week!

am i the only one who ate too much over the holiday? looks like most of you have been doing a good job of getting your miles in the past couple days, and congrats to the racers too -- good stuff. i think it's going to be at least 10K today to try to make up for the extra calories -- maybe more!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Bgood, I ate way too much this weekend, it sure was good though :laugh:
    Since I didn't get a longer run in this weekend, I ran 9 miles this morning, I felt pretty good.
    Happy Running :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good Monday morning:grumble:

Leash - You're welcome. See you Wednesday. No internet is roughing it.:noway:

Becky - get well soon.:flowerforyou:

Bgood - You are not the only one who ate too much over the holiday:laugh:

Today is a rest day for me. Can't wait to run tomorrow.:happy:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    I had my family reunion this weekend -- so we ate and drank :drinker: WAY too much!

Did complete 10.6 miles yesterday in a new record time -- 1h30m -- Whew! My running pal said she had to redeem herself from last weekend where she had to walk -- so she decided we needed to sprint the last 1.3 miles!!! :smokin: It felt GREAT!!!

Today is a rest day for me!!! thank goodness! :yawn:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Got two miles into today at the local high school track while the kids circled it with their bikes! It was so cute!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Guster and Willywonka...great job on your races! :drinker:

Becky, hope you are feeling a little better today :flowerforyou:

My foot is finally healed enough that I got a 4 miler in today...:love: wasn't sure I was ever going to get back so it felt really good ! Back to the foot doc on Thursday, hopefully that pesky plantar wart is gone for good....keeping my fingers crossed.
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Becky, that's a bummer. Life experiences sometimes suck, hope you recover fast.

Great job on those that did races this weekend!

I'll glow for just a moment myself :laugh: :laugh: , because I added up my miles last week and hit 39 running. :drinker: :drinker: It was a combination of good weather and gradually building up a mileage base. It's been a long, long time since I started logging that much! I am truly inspired by those suffering in heat and injuries who vow to run and get better.... so I say, me too! That's helped get my bum out the door several times this week and now have results to show for it. Thanks!

Raymond
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello runners!!! 5 mile run (1 mile warmup at 10 min pace, 1 mile at 8:20, 2 miles at 7:53, then 1 mile cooldown again at 10 min pace). Then 1,500 yd swim. Less than 2 weeks til my Olympic tri! :bigsmile:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Thanks for the good thoughts! :flowerforyou:

I am feeling better after the visit to the chiropractor. Doctor gave me some good drugs to help as well.
    Feeling worse after talking to the insurance company! :frown:

I am definitely calling myself a runner! I am dying to get out there tomorrow for my long run, but I'll heed medical advice. Doctor says if all is improving daily I can try to run Friday.
    I have new empathy for all of you who have been injured and laid up. It is making me insane!!! AND grumpy! :grumble: :angry:

I'm very jealous and impressed by all your great runs over the holiday weekend! Y'all rock! :drinker:

Tom, I hope your back is feeling better. Back pain sucks! :cry:

Happy running!!!!

Becky
  • jabdye
    Options
    Happy Tuesday to you all!

I got in a 5.4 mile run this morning at 5:30 am -- and it was very eerie and foggy! Not my fastest -- but I'll take a bad run over no run at all! :happy:

Enjoy your day!
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

5 mile speed workout for me today - 100% humidity:sick:

1 mile slow to warm up
    800 meters (half mile) in 4:16 w/ 400 meter jogs between. Repeat 4 times.
    1 mile slow to cool down

Came very close to weeping today.:laugh:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie

Oh by the way, I printed my "very hard" 16 week half marathon training program that starts July 13.:bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks for the good thoughts! :flowerforyou:

I am feeling better after the visit to the chiropractor. Doctor gave me some good drugs to help as well.
    Feeling worse after talking to the insurance company! :frown:

I am definitely calling myself a runner! I am dying to get out there tomorrow for my long run, but I'll heed medical advice. Doctor says if all is improving daily I can try to run Friday.
    I have new empathy for all of you who have been injured and laid up. It is making me insane!!! AND grumpy! :grumble: :angry:

I'm very jealous and impressed by all your great runs over the holiday weekend! Y'all rock! :drinker:

Tom, I hope your back is feeling better. Back pain sucks! :cry:

Happy running!!!!

Becky

I hope you are feeling better today!! It's no fun having injuries, but it is a part of running! :huh: Hope you have a pain free run on Fri!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    5 mile run for me this morning. Very hilly run in the backroads (ie, surrounded by cornfields) of IL. :wink: Feeling my run from y'day too! :laugh:

Have a good one!
  • jabdye
    Options
    Came very close to weeping today.:laugh:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie

Oh by the way, I printed my "very hard" 16 week half marathon training program that starts July 13.:bigsmile:

Your note made me chuckle -- thought about calling my mama! :)

Good luck on the 1/2 training -- this week is 5 of 13 in my training -- and I'm happy to report it is an easy week with 3 rest days. They are just preparing me for a 7 mile speedwork run on Tuesday where I'm sure I will cry like a baby!:sad: