Women, learn to pull up your pants!

Options

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

Men aren't systematically oppressed. They are less likely to be body-policed, and I have yet to see a thread body policing men, though I do see many targeting women.

You know I'm going to get banned for this.. You aren't bright.. If that is what you got out of the main topic then your ability to pick up sarcasm and humor is way off and you are over sensitive. It was a humor topic, read my starter post again, if you see that as body-policing you are insane and easy to stir.. God forbid how angry every day life must make you. Now I'm wasted enough time getting into a snip with you. I'll take my own advice and ignore you.

Once again, "humor" doesn't excuse body-policing and misogyny, just like it doesn't excuse racism, ableism, cissexism, homophobia, or any other form of discrimination and oppression.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that things going commando is nasty when working out?! I mean you are all sweaty and sticky.. yuck.. no swampass for me thanks. I'll stick with underwear and no crotch sweat stains on my workout pants.

I do think commando would be nasty when working out. But now that I know people do this, you can bet I'll be using even more sani-wipes!
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "She's hot" =/= "She needs to cover up because it is her responsibility to control my desire, not my own"
    [/quote]

This line of logic always make me furious. I was skirting around this issue in my post to avoid a huge internet argument......but since we're on the topic....

I wholeheartedly agree. Just being an attractive female doesn't make anyone obligated to cover up their body because someone ELSE can't control their sexual desire.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    LOL this is so entertaining....
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hahah, well this was a good laugh :P
  • kris10lv84
    kris10lv84 Posts: 51
    Options
    Am I the only woman who thinks working out in a thong would be torture?? Ugh! I'd much rather go commando :tongue:

Am I the only woman who finds thongs quite comfortable and rarely wear any other type of underwear? :blushing:

No i feel the exact same way...i try my hardest not to have my *kitten* all hanging out tho, but my booty is big so here and there itll happen..im not perfect.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Self control. It's a lost art. :)

Had plenty of self control to keep it to myself til I got to mfp :-)

I don't see what the big deal is to saying women pull your pants up. They say it to men that show their boxers and underwear all the time. PANTS ON THE GROUND. PANTS ON THE GROUND.. LOOKING LIKE A FOOL WITH YOUR PANTS ON THE GROUND.

It's not very fashionable, but nobody tells men to pull their pants up because "OMG YOUR BODY IS A SEX OBJECT AND THEREFORE DISTRACTING", they tell them to pull their pants up because to some people it just looks silly.

You don't know that, some women may find that attractive, just as this woman might have been objectifying her body. Since you weren't there you are jumping to snarky conclusions. Thus your whole point is counter-intuitive because no one knows what the motives of the other person is. In fact I never said it was a sex object. I said she was a beautiful lady and it was distracting. Anytime you have someone come into a place and place their butt in your area/space it'd be distracting, she just happened to be attractive. If it was a unattractive person you can bet it would of been distracting as well. So take that holy than thou and smoke it ;-)

The issue is the body-policing and rape culture-based idea that women need to cover up because men can't control themselves.

The issue is you are taking it there. So are you saying a man can show major skin and be ripped and women wouldn't objectify him? That men with their shirts off working that women don't swoon over them? Get off your high horse and lighten up. You are just making a mountain out of a molehill. Chill a bit, stress makes you gain weight. Oh wait.. .there was a topic where a woman in chit-chat said men show me your pictures.. I don't see you in there complaining though.

Men aren't systematically oppressed. They are less likely to be body-policed, and I have yet to see a thread body policing men, though I do see many targeting women.

You know I'm going to get banned for this.. You aren't bright.. If that is what you got out of the main topic then your ability to pick up sarcasm and humor is way off and you are over sensitive. It was a humor topic, read my starter post again, if you see that as body-policing you are insane and easy to stir.. God forbid how angry every day life must make you. Now I'm wasted enough time getting into a snip with you. I'll take my own advice and ignore you.

It's not oversensitivity... it's the fact that women ARE objectified and oppressed on a daily basis and people try and cover it up with humor but it's still oppression.

do you not realize that the argument you are making of "she should cover up because it's distracting" is the SAME argument rapists make by saying "She wanted it because she was wearing a miniskirt"?
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hahah, well this was a good laugh :P

ahhaha same exact post, same time.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

It's not oversensitivity... it's the fact that women ARE objectified and oppressed on a daily basis and people try and cover it up with humor but it's still oppression.

do you not realize that the argument you are making of "she should cover up because it's distracting" is the SAME argument rapists make by saying "She wanted it because she was wearing a miniskirt"?

Yes indeedy. Gotta love rape culture. :grumble:
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    please take pictures and post it here. thanks
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Pretty much off topic but yesterday at the gym this rather attractive guy rocks in, water pack on his back and running gear on. Now I'm thinking, wow he must be going to do some full on cardio. I was impressed and a little jealous because I'd love to be able to run like that. He hikes the treadmill up to some kicka** level and starts running, full pelt running and I was even more impressed. Less than 5 minutes later he slow does to a walk and then gets off and just strolls around the gym doing nothing in particular. Illusion shattered!!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Once again, "humor" doesn't excuse body-policing and misogyny, just like it doesn't excuse racism, ableism, cissexism, homophobia, or any other form of discrimination and oppression.

wow are you really trying to say that saying someone needs to pull there pants up is body-policing and the same level of racism, homophobia and discrimination.

It's a pretty common known fact that underwear should be "under" your clothes, following general society views and practices isn't body-policing. Body policing would be something like saying don't wear those volleyball shorts because I can't stop from wanting to reach out and grab them. Or you can't wear that as it makes me not be able to control myself. Saying to pull up your pants to fit into a standard that society has set is not body policing. If you want to be a rebel or go against societies grain then you as a whole should be ready for a backlash as you are going against the proverbial grain. You seem like you are grasping to understand the body-policing aspect in society so that shouldn't be hard to understand.

Ex. saying your pants should cover your underwear = general view of society - not going to be body-policing.
    Saying you can't wear something period because it's sexual would be body-policing. I never said she couldn't wear the thong, I was asking for her to follow the general view of society. Do you need a chart drawn up.

Or here let me put it in laymans terms.

Society has a set views.. like drugs.. society has a general view that drugs = bad. Someone comes along and decides, no drugs aren't bad I like them. So it's wrong for society to say hey you are a distraction for taking drugs, we don't think you should do that? That is the point.

Had I had a problem with her Yoga pants, that would of been body-policing.. Having a problem with going against societies grain is far from that.
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I get distracted by some VERY attractive guys at the gym, also by some VERY attractive women. I guess I'm easily distracted...

Side story.. At my gym awhile back. I was working out with my girlfriend. I was wearing workout shorts. After doing a few reps of some leg exercises. My friend kindly tells me you can TOTALLY see up my shorts... Thank God I was wearing a thong and not going commando or the people at the gym would've seen a triple XXX that they weren't expecting. LOL!! :blushing:
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Am I the only woman who thinks working out in a thong would be torture?? Ugh! I'd much rather go commando :tongue:

^^^^^ what SHE said. OUCH. Though... is crack at the top of the yoga pants better? I just try to wear a longer shirt when I wear pants like that ;-)
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Self control. It's a lost art. :)

Had plenty of self control to keep it to myself til I got to mfp :-)

I don't see what the big deal is to saying women pull your pants up. They say it to men that show their boxers and underwear all the time. PANTS ON THE GROUND. PANTS ON THE GROUND.. LOOKING LIKE A FOOL WITH YOUR PANTS ON THE GROUND.

It's not very fashionable, but nobody tells men to pull their pants up because "OMG YOUR BODY IS A SEX OBJECT AND THEREFORE DISTRACTING", they tell them to pull their pants up because to some people it just looks silly.

You don't know that, some women may find that attractive, just as this woman might have been objectifying her body. Since you weren't there you are jumping to snarky conclusions. Thus your whole point is counter-intuitive because no one knows what the motives of the other person is. In fact I never said it was a sex object. I said she was a beautiful lady and it was distracting. Anytime you have someone come into a place and place their butt in your area/space it'd be distracting, she just happened to be attractive. If it was a unattractive person you can bet it would of been distracting as well. So take that holy than thou and smoke it ;-)

The issue is the body-policing and rape culture-based idea that women need to cover up because men can't control themselves.

The issue is you are taking it there. So are you saying a man can show major skin and be ripped and women wouldn't objectify him? That men with their shirts off working that women don't swoon over them? Get off your high horse and lighten up. You are just making a mountain out of a molehill. Chill a bit, stress makes you gain weight. Oh wait.. .there was a topic where a woman in chit-chat said men show me your pictures.. I don't see you in there complaining though.

Not even close. Saying something is distracting is far cry from saying someone wanted something.

Like a previous argument - someone is doing drugs. Someone says, I watched them doing drugs and it distracted me from what I was doing.. is a far cry from what you are making it out to be.

Again I stated that even if it wasn't an attractive lady it would of been distracting.. There was a persons underwear in your face.. Goes against societies norm.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I get distracted by some VERY attractive guys at the gym, also by some VERY attractive women. I guess I'm easily distracted...

Side story.. At my gym awhile back. I was working out with my girlfriend. I was wearing workout shorts. After doing a few reps of some leg exercises. My friend kindly tells me you can TOTALLY see up my shorts... Thank God I was wearing a thong and not going commando or the people at the gym would've seen a triple XXX that they weren't expecting. LOL!! :blushing:

How dare you objectify men at the gym.. I sure hope that the two people in here get onto you about that.. BODY-POLICING!! BODY-POLICING ;-) Distracting means you must want to have sex with them, because apparently society is uncapable of thinking someone is unattractive without wanting to sleep with them now.

For the record, I never even thought about having "relations" with the woman in the original topic, I did feel bad for looking but I didn't think I should of had to stop what I was doing just because she wanted to dress a certain way. So by her choosing what to wear (even if was a mistake/accident) it has a right to infringe upon my space and what I was doing. I love the rules that people like to play by. As long as it allows me to do what I want its okay if it completely goes against another persons rights.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

wow are you really trying to say that saying someone needs to pull there pants up is body-policing and the same level of racism, homophobia and discrimination.

It's a pretty common known fact that underwear should be "under" your clothes, following general society views and practices isn't body-policing. Body policing would be something like saying don't wear those volleyball shorts because I can't stop from wanting to reach out and grab them. Or you can't wear that as it makes me not be able to control myself. Saying to pull up your pants to fit into a standard that society has set is not body policing. If you want to be a rebel or go against societies grain then you as a whole should be ready for a backlash as you are going against the proverbial grain. You seem like you are grasping to understand the body-policing aspect in society so that shouldn't be hard to understand.

Ex. saying your pants should cover your underwear = general view of society - not going to be body-policing.
    Saying you can't wear something period because it's sexual would be body-policing. I never said she couldn't wear the thong, I was asking for her to follow the general view of society. Do you need a chart drawn up.

Society has a set views.. like drugs.. society has a general view that drugs = bad. Someone comes along and decides, no drugs aren't bad I like them. So it's wrong for society to say hey you are a distraction for taking drugs, we don't think you should do that? That is the point.

Had I had a problem with her Yoga pants, that would of been body-policing.. Having a problem with going against societies grain is far from that.

Yes.

Society is wrong and misogynistic, as well as ableist, racist, homophobic, cissexist, etc.
    Society once didn't want women to wear pants, but was it actually WRONG for women to wear pants? No.
    Learn to think for yourself instead of go along with society's general horribleness.
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    How dare you objectify men at the gym.. I sure hope that the two people in here get onto you about that.. BODY-POLICING!! BODY-POLICING ;-) Distracting means you must want to have sex with them, because apparently society is uncapable of thinking someone is unattractive without wanting to sleep with them now.

Finding something unattractive is no reason to try to control other people.
    Some people find unshaved body hair unattractive, but it's still not right to body-shame people for choosing not to shave.
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Another story...

Another friend was spotting her husband on the bench press. Not realizing she had her @$$ about 2 inches from a guys face. NOW THAT IS DISTRACTING!!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

Yes.

Society is wrong and misogynistic, as well as ableist, racist, homophobic, cissexist, etc.
    Society once didn't want women to wear pants, but was it actually WRONG for women to wear pants? No.
    Learn to think for yourself instead of go along with society's general horribleness.

Yes society is ever changing, its full of ewbs and flows. If you take every injustice against you to heart you are going to have a life full of hate and anger. Some of us choose an more free spirited route. You are way too quick to judge someone. You took what I said, judged it as you saw fit instead of ask more questions. You assumed I wanted to apparently sleep with the lady which was far from the truth. Your whole non-discriminatory view was the most discriminatory of them all. Which the humor in it is that you can't see that.