Why do people ignore friend requests?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• vanderandkarl
    Options
    i am happy to add anyone who requests only been on here a short time so the more the merrier i say x

please feel free to add me x
  • whit1108
    whit1108 Posts: 94
    Options
    I have only female friends, particurally mothers, as my friends because I can easily relate to them and support them. I have a small group of friends on here and i am happy with that. I feel having a small group of friends we can support and motivate one another more. I have friends that will be there for me with the ups and downs in this journey and i will be there for them also.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have only female friends, particurally mothers, as my friends because I can easily relate to them and support them. I have a small group of friends on here and i am happy with that. I feel having a small group of friends we can support and motivate one another more. I have friends that will be there for me with the ups and downs in this journey and i will be there for them also.

I agree. I only have a small friend list, and prefer it that way. I too prefer female friends, but I wouldn't ignore a guy who had similar weight loss goals or similar inspiration. I am trying to lose over 100 lbs and trying to do it so I can be healthy, but mostly so I can have children. My husband is 6 years older than me, and in my opinion, he's waited long enough and my weight is the only barrier in the next step of our life.
  • Shfiftyfive
    Shfiftyfive Posts: 261
    Options
    i am happy to add anyone who requests only been on here a short time so the more the merrier i say x

please feel free to add me x

You say "x"?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    It's my profile and therefore my right to decide to do that. If I wish to put "friend requests will not be accepted unless you send me $500 by Paypal", then I can do that as well.
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for anyone else - but for me, I haven't accepted any new requests lately because I feel as though I don't have enough time or energy to respond to the friends that I have right now and I don't want to add new people only to ignore them.

I tend to agree with this. I don't participate much except posting to these boards. I don't usually send individual messages to people because I don't know them, don't know what I'd say to them and I'm not an "atta boy" kind of poster. I don't really care to read my feed if it's full of posts from people that I really don't know and what they are saying doesn't pertain to me or interest me. So if someone does ask me to friend them I will but I always wonder why they picked me to friend. I don't usually request people to friend me.

Just call me anti-social, lol. Though really I'm not.....
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    agreed I accept all friend reqs it's about support and common goals... :)
  • carameldelightonly1
    carameldelightonly1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I usually add but once I see that I'm not getting the support that I'm giving I delete them...especially when I see them giving others on their list support.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Because I want people with similar goals, lifestyle, similar issues or people that have been where I'm at to give me advice. My goals are not just about losing 100+lbs and my way of losing isn't to eat as little as possible. And I want to be a supportive friend to those on my friends list. That gets to be difficult with a large list.
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    I will add anyone that sends a request. I just go through frequently and remove friends that do not log in for awhile or who never comment on anything I do.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I personally only accept female friend requests...just because I sometimes like to post girly things (such as something about my period, boobs, or whatever...plus if I were to feel comfortable enough to post pictures of myself in barely any clothing, I would just feel more comfortable with only females seeing.) I'm married also, and just don't feel it's right to have other men cecking out my photos or commenting on something I've said about boobs. Lol, this is all just my personal preference. I am supportive to the friends I have on here and encourage/congratulate on a regular basis. I log in daily and make an effort to log. I do delete people for not logging in for a month or so and just not showing that they are trying to change.