Options
    Truffle shuffle.

no.

Truffle shuffle!!

Truffleshuffle.gif
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    This doesn't mean you have to stop eating my cooking! (If it has a stick of butter in it, it does!)

I bought you some double fudge brownies!

You seriously think you can do that?

What, my (insert X0,000 calorie food) doesn't fit in with your little diet?

You HAVE to eat this. It's not fair to YOU if you don't eat this.

"Don't get too extreme!" Um, I've lost 5 freakin pounds so please, unless I'm showing obvious signs of starvation, or too much time is being taken from my family, don't even go there!
  • Elizabeth0913
    Options
    "THAT'S NOT ON YOUR DIET!"
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and when I occasionally have a peanut butter cookie on the weekends (just ONE), and offer some to my hubby, he says "So that's on your diet, huh?"
    It's a lifestyle change, and i don't eat three cookies any more, just one, and only sometimes, not every day. It's a process. So SHUT IT.

But really he loves me just the way I am, he just likes to tease :-)

THIS IS MY LIFE! haha good to know i'm not alone.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    'OMG you need to stop losing weight. You're almost as skinny as I am!' (I aint skinny and neither were/are you!)

'So, do you eat, like, salads all the time?' (Sure. If salads come in the form of burgers, fries, and almost everything else.)

"Gasp! You're actually eating FOOD?' (Yes, *kitten*. Like every single day, I eat food. Just because I don't eat half my weight in food and booze doesn't mean I'm starving!)

'So you don't get like.. hungry?" (Yeah, cuz y'know.. when you start to lose weight, that 'taking in nourishment for your body' just gets old. These days I feed through photosynthesis. Mmmmm sunlight.)

'Can you still drink and eat pizza?' (F!ck yeah!)

"Girl you look good! You should stop dieting!" (1.No diet. 2.Falcon PUNCH)
  • tamarina09
    tamarina09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My favorite these days is "you've been working so hard, you deserve that treat!" uhmmmm I'm not a dog!!!

I hear this one. New shoes is a better treat than junk :bigsmile:
  • love4ransom
    love4ransom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Here is an example, I tell them I eat whatever, I just watch my intake and count my calories and sometimes people will say, " well, I'm not dieting, so I can eat what I want!" Just seems like they don't care and 9 times out of 10 they really don't.
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    Ive seen a few of you mention this "I can't eat that stuff, I need real food." "eating like that you should be skinny" "how are you your size when that's all you eat?"

This was back when I had a crazy healthy diet. I wish I could make myself get back to that. I think since I moved to Philadelphia I have become addicted to unhealthy foods. I was never this bad before. It's disgusting and I i'm disgusted by how I look and feel.
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My roommate...

"Why do you take that protien Powder?"

"You don't eat enough." I'm only eating around 3000 calories a day.

From other people,

"Did you stop eating carbs?" No, I eat plenty of them.

"Did you stop drinking beer?" Nope, Just don't drink as much

"It must suck not to eat real food." I had a steak last night.

"What type of diet are you on?" I'm not on a diet... I just eat healthy.

I love the "real food" questions. I have steak, shrimp, chicken, potatoes, veggies of all kinds. Apparently if it doesn't come in a box with instructions on the label, it's not real right? By the way, I do the extra protein shots too. Each one has 26g. I take them right before I work out. Makes me feel better and I'm not as sore the next day. :happy:
    'So you don't get like.. hungry?" (Yeah, cuz y'know.. when you start to lose weight, that 'taking in nourishment for your body' just gets old. These days I feed through photosynthesis. Mmmmm sunlight.)

LOL
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    "you eat like a bird" it's called portion control!
  • Reama5
    Reama5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When people hear that you're making a choice for yourself that isn't the choice they are making for themselves, they get defensive.

My response: This is a person choice. If you don't approve, that's okay.
  • shelldancel
    shelldancel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I get that all the time!!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    'OMG you need to stop losing weight. You're almost as skinny as I am!' (I aint skinny and neither were/are you!)

'So, do you eat, like, salads all the time?' (Sure. If salads come in the form of burgers, fries, and almost everything else.)

"Gasp! You're actually eating FOOD?' (Yes, *kitten*. Like every single day, I eat food. Just because I don't eat half my weight in food and booze doesn't mean I'm starving!)

'Can you still drink and eat pizza?' (F!ck yeah!)

"Girl you look good! You should stop dieting!" (1.No diet. 2.Falcon PUNCH)

I love your responses. People are ridiculous aren't they? :laugh:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and when I occasionally have a peanut butter cookie on the weekends (just ONE), and offer some to my hubby, he says "So that's on your diet, huh?"
    It's a lifestyle change, and i don't eat three cookies any more, just one, and only sometimes, not every day. It's a process. So SHUT IT.

But really he loves me just the way I am, he just likes to tease :-)

THIS IS MY LIFE! haha good to know i'm not alone.

OMG I HATE this, especially if he reaches for the Frosted Flakes as he's saying it (wtf??)
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Regarding counting calories and watching macros:
    "Special occasions shouldn't count against what you're doing... They're "free-bees"
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Mom: "I'll pay you ten dollars per pound you lose."
    Me: "Ok I'll take that bet."

...She had to cap it at 50 pounds or $500 dollars and I got a shopping spree :) I have to give her credit though, she really was trying to help and it worked.
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    I didn't read all of the post so I am sorry if this is a repeat but, "What did you do to lose so much weight? What diet are you on?"
    I smile-"It isn't a diet. I am counting my calories and exercising. It really is true that it works."
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options

...She had to cap it at 50 pounds or $500 dollars and I got a shopping spree :) I have to give her credit though, she really was trying to help and it worked.

What! Jealous! I wish someone would offer me money to lose weight. That is GREAT motivation.
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Now THAT is a great story.

medium_applause.gif