Being called " fat" by another " fatty"

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    My motto has always been although I don't like the name calling only another overweight person can say something about my weight with out it really bothering me. I say this because I used to be guilty of this and being the goof ball that I am I always used to say it's ok I'm fat i can talk about another fat person. Doesn't make it right but i was young and stupid.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever been called a fat chick by another large woman? So, I have fallen victim to the " Us fat chicks" and the " two fat girls" comments, said by another large woman( or women). I know I am big..but, I don't care what size you are.. I don't want to be called fat by another person..Maybe i'm just a sensitive baby? But, it bothers me a little!! I know they don't mean it in a malicious way AT ALL.. but, it just ain't cute! ( Now please don't come verbally abuse me!!) :flowerforyou:

My fiance's nephew had the nerve to say something the other day and I shot daggers. I wish real ones could've come out of my eyes! But my girlfriend and I will sometimes joke about it, but we are the same size and have been friends for over 20 years. She can say that. Nobody else can.

Did you joke about it in front of him?

I called my mom fat once when I was a kid and she slapped me. But I only called her that because she called herself fat.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the term BBW,* big beautiful women* and I don't like being referred as one either. I am beautiful because I'm beautiful. I don't need to be a big beautiful woman, they don't have a label for skinny beautiful women, they just call them beautiful. there thats my rant.
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I get it about once a week from my sister. (she's currently around 250, and gaining.) i dont really take it that personal, because i know its just how she is. she's accepted being big and doesnt care to change it, and doesnt like that i wont accept it.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Been there had that happen, too many times to count. No your not sensitive. I react the same.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    My dad, who is 55 years old and has quite a belly, often refers to my "belly." He'll make comments like, what's that belly you've got there? You're getting a tummy!

I am 5'4" muscular and probably only 5 lbs overweight (I weigh 129 as of today). What the **** dad.

People love to be critical of others -- even those who love you, such as my dad. If you ever feel put down, just tell them that they aren't in any position to judge you.

You are NOT overweight. Seriously? :huh:
  • MattyFTM
    MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The other day I nearly called another person fat in a scenario like that, but I realized what I was about to say and shut up. At work, a girl said that me and him look like we could be related, and I nearly said "you just think that because we're both fat".

Fortunately my brain kicked in before my mouth opened (which is a rarity) and I realized that's probably not the nicest thing to say. I have no issues calling myself fat (or anyone else calling me fat, as my friends know), but I shouldn't say that about another person. He is a really nice bloke and I know he's aware of his weight - I'm sure he would have taken it in the jokey way I intended, but that still doesn't make it right.
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Just for the record I am NOT calling anyone fat. I'm not the bullying type so, sorry for the misunderstanding.
    I don't think you have anything to apologise for, you didn't call anyone fat, it was very clear in your original post. Some people seem to like snapping at people for no reason. Puts me off posting sometimes.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Got into an argument with somebody. While I'm a "live and let live" kinda person, if somebody pisses me off then my tongue has no leash.

The person said to his buddies pointing towards me in the middle of the argument "This fatass is pissing me off now" to which my reply was "B1tch please, you so fat your momma couldn't even find your d1ck when she was trying to suck it".

classy.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    misery loves company.

This topic is much more specific to females. Guys don't get nearly offended. However, next time a person groups you in with a "fat" comment, just tell her "no thanks you can be in the fat club but i'm not a member".
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever been called a fat chick by another large woman? So, I have fallen victim to the " Us fat chicks" and the " two fat girls" comments, said by another large woman( or women). I know I am big..but, I don't care what size you are.. I don't want to be called fat by another person..Maybe i'm just a sensitive baby? But, it bothers me a little!! I know they don't mean it in a malicious way AT ALL.. but, it just ain't cute! ( Now please don't come verbally abuse me!!) :flowerforyou:

ah you just did it in your title...pot meet kettle.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    ugh YES a woman easily 150lbs more than me said something like "big girls like us" and I was terrified... it was part of what motivated me to up my workouts from 3 to 6 times a week!
    That might have had more to do with her not facing up to how she looked herself, but, we take the motivation wherever it comes from, right??

right!!! i've tried convincing myself that she was just trying to feel better about herself... but it's way more productive on my end to keep running from that grouping :-)

@bethanylaugh - Off topic, but I'm reading this thread and your friendly, pretty, smiling profile pic there is happy offering me cold BEER, of which I have given up for several months in my quest to stop being FAT. I have not craved chugging down a cold pint until today when I repeatedly keep seeing your picture in this thread. Ack! :-)
  • xRay85Rayx
    xRay85Rayx Posts: 369
    Options
    misery loves company.

This topic is much more specific to females. Guys don't get nearly offended. However, next time a person groups you in with a "fat" comment, just tell her "no thanks you can be in the fat club but i'm not a member".

LOL, im so using that, lol.
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I want to first say, I also feel like you were not calling anyone fat. With that said, I have been called fat indirectly. Like my husband just the other day would say to me something like Are you going to Omar the tent builder today, because you need a bathing suit. I said to him, have you looked in the mirror lately, maybe you should come with me!!
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I am on here because I am fat. Lard *kitten*. Fatty fatty fat fat. Chubby. Fat ****er.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Embrace who you are.

You. Are. Fat.

People see your fat rolls when you are in a swim suit. You jiggle when you walk.

Get over it.

Now, go lose some weight.

I am still laughing aobut this :) Great post - loving it