If you have an amazing body you are clearly OBSESSED

Options

Replies

• umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It would depend on the man, honestly. I can't say that every man with an amazing body is self obsessed just like I can't say that every man with some meat is lazy. *shrugs*

Edit;; as for being obsessed about my body. Not really obsessed - I love my body and I take proper care of it. But I don't focus every ounce of energy thinking about it.
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy once who was more interested in going to the gym than sex (or anything else for that matter). He couldn't understand why his relationships never lasted very long. He did eventually figure it out and found a nice balance.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    People tell me I'm "dwindling away" and that I'm obsessive about my health. I tell these people, "It's called being healthy."
  • sportsforfun
    sportsforfun Posts: 353
    Options
    I like to call it a dedication. I put time, energy and thought into my fitness but I don't let it run my life. I still take my gf out for a nice dinner and date but I will research what food fits into my nutritional plan before I go. I go to the gym early in the morning before she is up or over lunch so that will not take too much time away from us. That being said, I live such an active lifestyle because it is what I enjoy. Sports, camping, hiking, skiing, mountain biking, all very fun, active things and my partner must not only respect these things but enjoy them as well or there is no point in us even being together.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say most (80%) of bodybuilders and Olympians count there calories. Football players? I would say under half

Just curious how you came up with this number on NFL players?

When you watch a game almost half of them are fat so thats how I'm guessing he got the number.
    [/quote]

Oh so they're your opinions not facts....did you use the same ligic for Olympians? My former NFL playing father would like to know. he's 6'1' 220. He's happy to make the cut...
  • BurkeshireFarms
    BurkeshireFarms Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I got into this not specifically to obtain a rock hard body, but to change my lifestyle. To become healthier and to learn how to make better choices for my body.

If working out 4-5 days a week and having good sense of what I'm eating is "obsessive" than I'm guilty as charged.

Exercise is good for the body, mind and soul. It aids in better mental health and prolongs your life. Looking good is the added bonus to all of it.

Sitting on your couch and cramming your craw full of crap on a daily basis doesn't guarantee any of the above.

Think about why you brush your teeth? Do you brush your teeth becasue you are obsessed with having a good looking smile? Or do you do it because its' the healthy thing to do?

I'm sorry, no one wants to see a toothless grin any more than they want to see a preventable "muffin top" or a quadruple-chin, on themselves or anyone else for that matter.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html

It does not depend on the individual. Everyone wants to believe that their body is different, or behaves differently, but it really doesn't. We are all the same species, we are all the same. Most perceived "differences" are purely psychological in nature.

This statement is not accurate or at the least is extremely misleading. It's is a complete falsehood to say that everyone that does the same exercises and puts the same foods into their stomach will have the same results. Even if everything is exactly the same, the results may vary.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    i HATE when people try to put a % on diet vs. exercise. NOT TRUE. It's fallacious and misleading. Depends on the individual.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html

It does not depend on the individual. Everyone wants to believe that their body is different, or behaves differently, but it really doesn't. We are all the same species, we are all the same. Most perceived "differences" are purely psychological in nature.

Yeah cause every football player, bodybuilder, and Olympian counts their calories.

I'm going to say most (80%) of bodybuilders and Olympians count there calories. Football players? I would say under half
    You would be wrong about NFL. players, The large majority of them count their calories.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Just curious how you came up with this number on NFL players?

When you watch a game almost half of them are fat so thats how I'm guessing he got the number.

Oh so they're your opinions not facts....did you use the same ligic for Olympians? My former NFL playing father would like to know. he's 6'1' 220. He's happy to make the cut...

Relax, no one called your daddy fat. I didn't say the original quote I'm saying it makes sense he would think that. A lot of linemen are fat because they need that extra mass. I don't think anyone who needs gain a lot of body mass would even bother counting calories. I don't think sumo wrestlers count their calories either. I hope you don't have a former sumo wrestling relative that I'm offending too.

Oh yeah just to throw in, I never said they weren't strong. I know there's a lot of muscle there also.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I would chose/love someone who is just as obsessed with their body as I am with mine, otherwise we dont deserve to play with each other's bodies. I think a little of bit of obsession/devotion/dedication/ambition is one of the hottest things you can tell about a person from their body.

If I see a man with a beautiful body I know that he isnt lazy, he loves himself, he knows how to spend time on his goals and how to balance selfishness with doing for others - instead of letting himself become a doormat. It shows that he not only believes in hard work, but he backs it up with actions. It means that he knows how to start something and follow through.

I wouldnt want to be with someone that was good enough. Geez... I guess the sex would be 'ok' as well, also the effot h put into everything else.

before I have to edit and add this, this is MY opinion. If you jump down my throat saying that you dont have to be at goal weight to date someone you find sexier than yourself, please save your breath. I dont care who you date or how far out of your league they are, or vice versa. If you're going to rip my head off about how- just because someone doesnt have an amazing body - it means they are lazy or dont believe in hard work- you can also keep that to yourself or toot that as YOUR awesome opinion.
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    I was speaking to a friend about what we find attractive in a guy - in terms of body shape. I like a guy to be pretty cut and ripped. i work hard at my body, and I would love to have a guy who knows about fitness and can work out with me and keep each other motivated etc.

She said that she would rather have an averagely built guy because guys with amazing bodies are obsessive about their bodies , diet and ultimately obsessed with themselves- because a certain degree of obsession ( i prefer the term devotion...) is necessary to get that ripped.
    What do you ladies think?? what are you observations ? Would you prefer a less awesomely built guy so you dont feel like you are competing with his gorgeous frame or pressured to look as good?

But also just interested to know if you guys would deem yourself obsessed with your bodies? and if you think the same about girls who have amazing bodies and weigh their food, and gym all the time etc, etc. :smile:

Well, I *am* a guy, so from my straight male perspective, I will say most "ripped" dudes are total *kitten*.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt want to date a guy who is super ripped because it just isnt my type. I prefer a man who is lean with good muscle tone, but i dont like big bulging muscles. and i hate to stereotype, but usually those guys are super shallow as far as i'm concerned. meaning they lack depth in their conversations. boringggg...:yawn:
  • FlyeredUp
    Options
    I was speaking to a friend about what we find attractive in a guy - in terms of body shape. I like a guy to be pretty cut and ripped. i work hard at my body, and I would love to have a guy who knows about fitness and can work out with me and keep each other motivated etc.

She said that she would rather have an averagely built guy because guys with amazing bodies are obsessive about their bodies , diet and ultimately obsessed with themselves- because a certain degree of obsession ( i prefer the term devotion...) is necessary to get that ripped.
    What do you ladies think?? what are you observations ? Would you prefer a less awesomely built guy so you dont feel like you are competing with his gorgeous frame or pressured to look as good?

But also just interested to know if you guys would deem yourself obsessed with your bodies? and if you think the same about girls who have amazing bodies and weigh their food, and gym all the time etc, etc. :smile:

Well, I *am* a guy, so from my straight male perspective, I will say most "ripped" dudes are total *kitten*.
    WOW!!
  • rockinright
    Options
    Well in my experience, they are. Sorry bro.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    You would be wrong about NFL. players, The large majority of them count their calories.

not in a lame bodybuilding sense where they would worry about staying under a number.

Yes they pay attention to nutrition, but they eat in order to perform.
    Bodybuilders do it for vanity.
  • rockinright
    Options
    Let me clarify what I meant.

I'm almost 35 years old. When I was younger, 15-ish or so, I attempted to build muscle, and I remained skinny and uncut no matter what I did. The guys my age who were built offered no help or advice but to taunt and eff with me constantly. Does that still leave a bad taste in my mouth 20 years later? Yes, although I know it shouldn't.

At other points in my life, it was always those types of guys at work who gave off this air of thinking they were better than me, and, the ones that usually bragged about cheating on their wives.
  • FlyeredUp
    Options
    Thats like saying all obese people are lazy just because thats how I became and remained obese.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've dated every body type of guy from slightly overweight to ripped/muscley (I prefer long and lean though and that is how my bf is). Honestly some of the non ripped guys were more obsessed with themselves than the ripped guys and some of the ripped guys were the most modest guys I've ever met. I personally wouldn't date someone who was a total meat head and spent all their time flexing in the mirror and going to the gym anyway though. Being ripped and in good shape is great, but the person I date has to have other interests too.
  • rockinright
    Options
    Thats like saying all obese people are lazy just because thats how I became and remained obese.

Well, for me that was mostly true.

I get your point, however.
  • FlyeredUp
    Options

not in a lame bodybuilding sense where they would worry about staying under a number.

Yes they pay attention to nutrition, but they eat in order to perform.
    Bodybuilders do it for vanity.
    NFL. teams have the top nutritionists in the country planning out each of their players diet, macro's and even how many meals per day they need to eat. And not just to keep them under a certain weight,to get maxium performance out of each player, and also add and keep weight on certain players.