Getting hit on at the gym

Options

Replies

• rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I've never gotten hit on. Anywhere.

Maybe I look like a huge *****? I don't know.

All I get is creepy foreign dudes staring at me from their cars. No guy - ever - has come up and talked to me.

Weird, lol. But I'm sure my bf doesn't mind.
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey it happens sometimes. It makes you feel good. I have had it happen at times. I go very early am
    so we kind of know each other and just say good morning and talk about how.crazy we have to be at
    a gym at that crazy hour in the am. It is 430 or 5 am in the am. We have about 15
    of us at that hour.
  • cheerocracy
    cheerocracy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    omg i wish i got hit on the gym :P hahah dont get me wrong, my first priority in the gym has always been to get my fitness on, but extra attention would be nice! Plus being drenched in sweat + wearing gross workout clothes = not attractive. ha! I look like a crazy lady. Once i asked a guy for help at the weight room and he freaked out - lol. maybe i should wear makeup and lululemons....mh social experiment!
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Attractive women get hit on everywhere.

If you don't want to get hit on at the gym, wear ear pieces.

I never get hit on.... anywhere :grumble: That means....... oh no!!! :sad:
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I never get hit on at the gym. Except when I forget my earphones and the 80 year old man on the treadmill next to me decides to chat me up.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

LOL it only started happening to me about a month or two ago on a regular basis. I'm still taken aback when it happens. Like, "Oh, they are talking to me? really?" lol

If I were a straight man, I'd hit on you, :smile:
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i never get hit on at the gym. i think i scare the dudes away because i lift pretty heavy. lol. or maybe it's my wedding ring or i am not attractive enough. no matter, i don't mind. i like to be left alone at the gym.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple of guys be appreciative of my hard work, but i don't think i've been hit on.

Of course, i attend a small training studio. There have been women that have given up training with our stellar guys to go to a big box gym, because they miss the "atmosphere".
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

Same here!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It happens. But I get in and get out and wear my headphones and ipod. That seems to steer away most of the attention.
  • cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been in gyms all over for years. It happens. I find like others have said if I keep my earbuds in I will notice them looking.... some blatently.... but they never approach me anymore. They might try when I first walk in or I am leaving, bu I am ways in kind of hurry. Full time Job. 3 teenage boys. Husband. Therapy. I am doing good tomake it to the gym.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Gah, I wish. I never get hit on.:ohwell: Unless you count the random guys at Walmart staring at my chest last week. :laugh:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Luckily I don't have this problem, since you can't diet and exercise away ugly.

but you can cover ugly with a 6 pack!!!! BPR me brother!!!
    LOL I had to actually look up what BPR meant. Man I'm getting old.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    nope.... never happened.... I don't give any signals. I keep to myself and get let alone! :D
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    I've seen guys try to hit on girls at my gym..but least the times I've seen it it never worked out for em lol.
    I keep to myself in the gym, figure everyone else is there to workout and not to get a date for the weekend. Although I have contemplated giving it a shot sometimes myself..
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    When I am focused on my "fitness" I truly can't stand some man flirting and asking me 100 questions. I see now they don't care where there at if they want your number(Grocery store, Hospital, Funeral yes Funeral...... and Gym)
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I've never hit on anybody in the gym. I'm there for a reason and that's not it. I have been lucky enough to get a few smiles though. I won't complain about that.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options

First sentence not true...or maybe it is...don't know b/c the second sentence IS true....when u have your music in no one can talk to u...I wear my earbuds in public while alone most places...as well as sunglasses...I look insanely unapproachable.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    While I don't actually get 'hit on' at the gym, I do understand the frustration due to the interruption. Everybody wants to talk to the guy who use to be really huge and ask him how he did it, whether it's out of morbid curiosity or they don't know what they're doing wrong, because they can't seem to lose weight. Unless somebody comes up and talks to me, I keep my mouth shut and do what I came there to do. When they do come up to me, I do try to be cordial and polite, but it is annoying when it's been 5 minutes of question and answer and I need to get to doing my next set of squats.
    I can tell that I'm getting tired, because I'm starting to make serious posts instead of trolling or just being weird.