Getting hit on at the gym

Options

Replies

• Living4Liz2012
    Options
    It's just ODD cause I am sweaty, tired, smell funky(not really) and want to go home and eat or drink something oh and shower..so when it happens it's like ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm okay not trying to be rude but do you see me right now...your cute, but catch me when I' m feeling so fresh and so clean clean:)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    It's just ODD cause I am sweaty, tired, smell funky(not really) and want to go home and eat or drink something oh and shower..so when it happens it's like ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm okay not trying to be rude but do you see me right now...your cute, but catch me when I' m feeling so fresh and so clean clean:)

LOL That was exactly my reaction. It was, "Um what?"
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I don't, but it could be due to one or all of the following:

1) my current gym as in my work campus and my prior one had a 90% gay clientelle
    2) I look very unapproachable when working out
    3) I look like crap
  • babbgirl1975
    babbgirl1975 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Watch the freeweights area closely. When a hot chick goes in there, the weight on all the barbells increases. It's hilarious.

Too funny!
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I never got hit on, I think :( I subscribe to the comment about some things that diet and working out can't change :P

I've got stalked by a manimal in the old gym (he was a nice manimal and the attraction might have been mutual...) in the weights area. And now, when I work the machines I get the odd looks, but I think that is because at times, I have to increase the weights after a bloke has used the machine ... and.. i prolly pull faces when lifting lol
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm super unapproachable at the gym. Headphones in, focused on myself alone. I definitely think guys and girls are able to tell when you just don't want to talk to anyone. I just feel uncomfortable enough already without having to engage in conversations with strangers.
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    My gym is inside my house. Occasionally, my dog will come up and stare at me though. Does that count?

:laugh:
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've never been hit on at the gym, and haven't hit on any of the attractive women I see there. This is partially because I don't want to be "that guy," but also because on weekdays I'm there from 5:30-6:30am, and that doesn't seem to be on the minds of people at that time of day. I despise the gym when it's busy, so I'll probably never get hit on there.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Actually, I don;t think I have seen people hitting on each other either. The most you get is a genuine chuckle when there is a particular annoying being, blocking the weights or machine and texting... you know, exagerated eye roll and loopsided grin at each other but that is as far as communication goes, most people just work out
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I get looked at a lot. Especially when I'm in the weight lifting section.

Time will only tell...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It wasn't quite getting hit on, but today I got complemented at the gym on my workout. I was in the weight room and I had headphones on, and was towards the end of my workout when a guy stopped me and said "Good Workout!...." insert me looking at him confused- and he pointed at my forehead and said "Sweat - I like it. It means good workout!"

It felt pretty good to get a compliment like that. :blushing:
  • Bullyfan2011
    Bullyfan2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have seen it quite often, especially the newer clients....guys will either start off slow and flirt or go ALL IN right away. What surprises me the most thought is that going ALL in often WORKS!!! Iam not sure if the ladies give fake numbers or not, but I usually shake my head and laugh...
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i dont think i've ever been hit on at the gym...i always have my ear phones though, so i guess i dont look very friendly. oh well. :smile:
  • callmecaptain
    Options
    Luckily I don't have this problem, since you can't diet and exercise away ugly.

I feel your pain. I don't get hit on, either. :/

You guys are such babies! LOL! Being ugly has nothing to do with it. When it comes to ladies it’s all about how you take care of yourself and how you walk into the room.

Unless the girl is superficial and delusional looks do not matter. Don’t tell anyone but even a superficial girl can have her mind changed if you are a super ugly stud and know how to do it right. I have seen super ugly guys score super models and these guys were not rich so don’t even try that excuse either!

If you really want to know the truth, ugly guys are just as able to be as attractive as the the guy born with gorgeous hair and the perfect nose. First is getting in shape which you are already working on and the second step is all attitude.
    Send me a private message if you want to be schooled further and are tired of telling yourself dumb excuses!
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    This morning the hot young college guy who works at the front desk asked for my number. I know he meant my gym id, but in my head he wanted my cell number.... not the same?
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    When I was in a relationship I used to dread being hit on at the gym. That is not what I am there for. If I kept my headphones in no one would bother me generally. When I am single and things are a bit more open I will sometimes take my earbuds out.. But it has been quite a while since anyone has made a pass at me in that setting.

Have to agree with the poster under you...they are BLIND!

Having said that....I might check out the ladies in the gym "working it"...becasue I enjoy looking at them and it also makes me proud of what they are doing for themselves...I know how it makes me feel to get in better shape. I am happy for them

I do respect their privacy though and I know people go to the gym to work out and get their stuff done. Now the place I work out is different than most. It is the University of Texas Medical Center Recreation Center...so everyone there is in that field and students, faculty, etc. So it's not really a pick-up place. When I swim everyone in the pool (all 30 of us) know each other. We swim regularly and we chat while we swim (sometimes)...It's like a CHEERS in the water.

I've never been a weight room guy till 3 months ago but I find that now, both young and older (my age) men are coming over to me "You come here a lot lately" and actually have taken me in a a "bud", offered help, books, work-out sheets to organize my work-outs.....and over all been very helpful. It's a great feeling...because I have never been in this crowd before.

Ladies - Seriously when you work out - You're awesome! We men love to see you making progress and love to see you getting healthy (nice way of putting in shape and fit).

You ladies look fabulous and it doesn't matter, big, small, thin, heavy....we applaude you for making the effort and getting your a@@ in the gym. Keep up the great work...

Muah! Have a great weekend.

8443442.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    This morning the hot young college guy who works at the front desk asked for my number. I know he meant my gym id, but in my head he wanted my cell number.... not the same?

I so want this ones number...and I don't mean GYM NUMBER! lol YOUR HOTT!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • torylinnangel
    torylinnangel Posts: 253
    Options
    Is it the same if it is a high school gym (not gym class, a weight room for athletics and the weight lifting class my school had) and the guys flirted with me outside of the gym as well? If so, yes, that has happened to me. The guys were cute enough, so I just went along with it. I do miss my high school days.. sigh...
  • GroovyGma73
    GroovyGma73 Posts: 64
    Options
    Luckily I don't have this problem, since you can't diet and exercise away ugly.

I feel your pain. I don't get hit on, either. :/

I'd hit on both of you if I weren't already married :wink:

ditto :wink: