Is Hooters kid friendly?

Options
sma83
sma83 Posts: 485 Member
Just wondering what people's thoughts on this were? I personally wouldn't take any children in there as I feel that is an "adult" environment. What about you? Would you take your children to a place like Hooters?

Replies

• budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    sure why not? I mean you see worse at the local beach or on tv
  • sma83
    Options
    I suppose you do see worse at the beach. My daughter doesnt watch anything on TV that shows worse though, lol. But she is only 6 and I can still control what she sees.
  • cheerocracy
    cheerocracy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My parents took me a couple of times when I was a toddler and the waitresses would take care of me! It was one of the few times they ate in peace. hahha I have no idea what that tells about their parenting, but i honestly dont really see anything wrong with it.....
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't plan a night out to take my kids there but as long as they aren't pole dancing or having a white t-shirt contest I don't see the big deal about bringing a kid there. I've been to a few wing houses and steak houses that have girls that dress pretty much the same and no one thinks twice about it.
  • budhandy
    Options
    I suppose you do see worse at the beach. My daughter doesnt watch anything on TV that shows worse though, lol. But she is only 6 and I can still control what she sees.
    same here at my house, I just dont know about other people houses lol, also they do have awesome wings lol,
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    When I went I was surprised how many families were there. The waitresses are pretty covered up really but it's meant to be sexy so I found it a bit creepy, especially the single dads who'd brought their kids!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take my kids there, because "family environment" doesn't jump to mind, but I don't think my 13 year old son would mind the view. :laugh:
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be caught dead there.
  • budhandy
    Options
    I wouldn't take my kids there, because "family environment" doesn't jump to mind, but I don't think my 13 year old son would mind the view. :laugh:
    lmao "son you ok? your walking kinda funny"==something my dad would say
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Of course it is. Breasts are meant to feed babies, so why wouldn't you take your kids to a place that celebrates their first food? Plus, I am pretty sure they get crayons.
  • BLSBoyer
    BLSBoyer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is too funny, I signed on and saw this topic after watching Big Daddy where the last scene they have a birthday party (for an adult) but with kids present at Hooters and I was just thinking about how kind of sketchy I would feel having my 7 year old son there.
  • sma83
    Options
    When I went I was surprised how many families were there. The waitresses are pretty covered up really but it's meant to be sexy so I found it a bit creepy, especially the single dads who'd brought their kids!
    This is exactly what I think. You cant really control what you see on women when you go to the beach, but when you CHOOSE a restaurant why take children somewhere that is designed to be sexual? Its just a little creepy to me.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Do they have a kids menu? lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Pfft. My uncle and I used to take my little baby cousin who was 4 or 5 at the time to Hooters all the time to watch NBA and NFL games. She had a blast and all the Hooter's girls just loved her. I'm pretty sure my uncle brought her just to get the girls to come visit our table more. It was all good though. Everyone had fun, and no harm done. She'd be yelling at the TV and drinking a water and eating wings with the rest of us.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    You see WAY more skin at the beach than hooters. I think the reasons why some people might find it bizarre is only for the fact they advertise that their waitresses show off their assets. As someone else mentioned, there is definitely plenty of other wing/steak places that show just as much skin but just don't advertise that fact. That being said, I personally don't find the food very good. Typical chain restaurant crap, haha.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    My kid is too young to know about sexual innuendo so I'd have no problem with it. It might count as a good place to take a toddler because other patrons don't expect a super quiet dining environment. Happy baby noises are too loud for many restaurants.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My old man took me to Hooters when I was knee high to a knee. And plenty of times after. The original one in Clearwater.

Kind of explains some things...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Just about every restaurant is "kid friendly" nowadays. It's why we cook at home a lot...
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    It's a family restaurant just like the Wing House, Pete&Shorties or Beef O Brady's ... I wouldn't say its kid safe tho unless your getting a salad of something but then I wouldn't say McDon is kid friendly either if your talking about health
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    OI am aan old, white, conservative , woman and I love hooters and think the wait staff is very well covered. They all wear tight type nylons under their shorts and all wear foundation garments. Really walking in the mall you see more t & a than in Hooters.