Is Hooters kid friendly?

Options

Replies

• sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I guess my issue is just that they are advertised in a sexual way and to me that doesnt say "Hey take your kid there" lol Plus, Im not sure I would feel comfortable having to explain the "tent" on the guy at the next table to my kids :laugh:
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have taken my kids there with another mom because she wanted wings for her birthday :smile: She said it was the one place she could eat and not worry about the kids because all the waitresses entertained them. It was true :drinker: but the food wasn't enough for me to go back
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'd bring my kid there, I would tell him to ask the waitress "are you my mommy?" :laugh:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not?

When we were in Florida about 5 years ago, visiting my in laws, we went there to celebrate my daughter's and neices's birthdays. My daughter was 8 or 9 at the time and my niece a year younger. In laws went and so did my father and step mom. My hubby also got his pic with several of the waitresses and it sits in a Hooters frame downstairs in his 'man cave'.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I was at a Hooters in the middle of hickville, nowhere the other day. Two of the waitresses were very pregnant.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I would never take my children there. Not the kind of atmosphere I want my kids in. I'm sure you'll find kids' menus, crayons, and waitresses being friendly to the kids, but that doesn't make it "kid friendly", IMO.
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I was at a Hooters in the middle of hickville, nowhere the other day. Two of the waitresses were very pregnant.
    lmao
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

This Hooters was VERY kid friendly.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what people's thoughts on this were? I personally wouldn't take any children in there as I feel that is an "adult" environment. What about you? Would you take your children to a place like Hooters?

I don't see why not. I've seen worse at the mall. The food is horrible though, not sure why they're still in business. Wait, it's the boobs.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I do not care if they are family or "Adult", the food sucks and is overpriced. So no I would not take myself or my family to Hooters.
  • dxwatson2
    dxwatson2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I personally won't go there but I have nothing against it.

I suppose the two main questions are:
    1. How old are the kids?
    2. How often do you take the kids to other restaurants where the female guests are wearing even less than the Hooters uniform?
  • taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    I have been with my husband and some of his Jiu Jitsu friends to watch a few of the UFC's there. My first time I was expecting to hate it and it wasn't that bad...even considering it was Playboy Bunny night lol! They were all wearing lingerie type stuff ha ha! They were all really friendly.

I prob wouldn't bring my kid there as I do feel like having women on parade for men to see is more of, I don't know, a strip club thing? But I don't judge anyone that would, it's not really that bad depending on the childs age. I live in Southern Cali, the Hooters uniform is pretty much what lots of girls wear all spring/summer!

They do have good wings and fried pickles. Lol.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    The times I've gone to Hooters I have been with my parents. Good food, good tits, good times.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I may have a skewed perspective of Hooters. The only one I've been to was in Fort Lauderdale, and compared to what I routinely wore, they were pretty decently dressed. But their food was not appropriate for children. Or anyone.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Okay, as my friends and I are in our mid 20's we frequent hooters a lot during football season. It's not the waitresses that I feel is inappropriate because they wear shorts and t shirts. It's a table like ours with 10 young adults cussing and cutting up during a sports game. In my defense, that's the general atmosphere with most of the tables older men, college kids and working people getting rowdy at something the ref called. In my head, I feel like I have to censor myself because there's a family with young children sitting in the middle of the patio.
  • muppetsbear
    muppetsbear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Unless you're a 14 yo boy I find it highly over rated. I'd rather go to Olive Garden or Red Robin or 7-11.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I guess my issue is just that they are advertised in a sexual way and to me that doesnt say "Hey take your kid there" lol Plus, Im not sure I would feel comfortable having to explain the "tent" on the guy at the next table to my kids :laugh:

I've never seen any tents. this isn't a strip club here.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Kids are allowed in.

There are better food choices though.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options

I've never seen any tents. this isn't a strip club here.
    Yay, well I have. More than once actually. Maybe the guys where I live are just a lot more pervy? lol
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the women waitresses are portrayed to support a stereo type that many women I know dont support. With all the available choices for restaurants, I think parents taking their young kids to Hooters is a bit selfish.