Is Hooters kid friendly?

Options

Replies

• leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    the women waitresses are portrayed to support a stereo type that many women I know dont support. With all the available choices for restaurants, I think parents taking their young kids to Hooters is a bit selfish.

What stereotype, that women have boobs?
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    the women waitresses are portrayed to support a stereo type that many women I know dont support. With all the available choices for restaurants, I think parents taking their young kids to Hooters is a bit selfish.

What stereotype, that women have boobs?

I've seen men with bigger boobs than some of the women at the Hooters by me. I took my 4 year old son there....it's not a big deal, it's a restaurant. We were there for a WWE Pay-per-view with a bunch of my wrestling buddies.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Of course it is. Breasts are meant to feed babies, so why wouldn't you take your kids to a place that celebrates their first food? Plus, I am pretty sure they get crayons.

Yes... aren't Hooters kid friendly?
  • sakurajade
    sakurajade Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    would u take your kids to see strippers next ppl will say its ok for your kids to watch you have sex
  • joehempel
    Options
    would u take your kids to see strippers next ppl will say its ok for your kids to watch you have sex

no body said they were taking them to see strippers....BIG BIG difference between a strip club and a restaurant.

You just jumped from a wing joint to watching people having sex. Wow.
  • sakurajade
    sakurajade Posts: 35 Member
    Options

no body said they were taking them to see strippers....BIG BIG difference between a strip club and a restaurant.

You just jumped from a wing joint to watching people having sex. Wow.
    no its not a place for kids and ppl forget they are only kids
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    If you want your kid to learn to think of women as objects, sure. o.O
  • joehempel
    Options
    but to compare hooters to a strip club is a far far stretch....and then to jump to watching people have sex....kind of off the deep end.

Kids are there ALL the time. I've never been there and NOT seen kids. Nobody cares that the girls are wearing shorter shorts and a tank top....it's no big deal. The reason to NOT go to hOOters is because their food sucks

However, I've never been in a strip club and seen kids there ever.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Yes I would. Apart from the girls being dressed "skimpily" (they wear more than the average person on the beach, so I don't see a problem with it), the waitresses are all very nice and I find it a fun atmosphere.
  • roachhaley
    Options

The women chose to work there and seem to be coping with their job, I think most of them are just having fun ;)
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    Yes it's a restaurant not a strip joint!! GREAT french fries!!!
  • Umeboshi
    Options

The women chose to work there and seem to be coping with their job, I think most of them are just having fun ;)

There's nothing wrong with working there or going there, but with society the way it is I think taking kids there might be sending the wrong message. *Shrug*
    I'd pretty much delay taking them there until they're old enough to have explained to them that while the women there are free in their self-expression and showing their bodies, they aren't sex objects and should still be treated with respect.
  • roachhaley
    Options

There's nothing wrong with working there or going there, but with society the way it is I think taking kids there might be sending the wrong message. *Shrug*
    I'd pretty much delay taking them there until they're old enough to have explained to them that while the women there are free in their self-expression and showing their bodies, they aren't sex objects and should still be treated with respect.

I think if they're too young to have that explained to them then they're probably too young to give a **** about how the women are dressed. Not many 4 year olds who dont think that "girls are yucky".
  • Umeboshi
    Options

I think if they're too young to have that explained to them then they're probably too young to give a **** about how the women are dressed. Not many 4 year olds who dont think that "girls are yucky".

Kids are smart, they can learn a lot from the people around them and the way they treat women. So if there are people there who are being disrespectful of the women that can be problematic and the kid might learn those behaviors. I'm not saying it's a horrible thing to take kids there, just that one needs to be mindful of the potential things they might be exposed to.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I just had this conversation with my daughter. There was an episode of Undercover Boss about a year ago. It is a great organization. Her step sister just got a job there. They have managers and supervisors stationed strategically around just to make sure that customers don't get out of hand. And yes, they do cater to the families with small children, because if a child is happy, everyone around the child is happy.

They brought my nephew balloons, a dish of diced tomatoes (his favorite), and his food came to the table cooled so he could eat as soon as he saw it. Our waitstaff was finishing up her master's degree and her trainee for the night was in her 3rd year of college. For the most part, these women are very smart, and just doing what they can to make ends meet---same as everyone else.

I took my daughter there when she was about 16. The waitstaff talked to her like she was an adult, It made her day because no one but me ever did. They walked her over to the t-shirts and helped her find the one that fit her perfectly. It was a genuine moment of enjoyment for her.

I understand that these restaurants are franchised, and not all of the restaurants have the same customer focus as mine did (it was closed several years ago). The food isn't considered a healthy choice, but certainly enjoy the food and the atmosphere a lot. And they were always ready to find us a Pittsburgh sporting event on the television (we live in Houston).

Maybe I would think Buffalo Wild Wings was just as good if I tried it... :) Nah!
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If I had kids, I know I would much rather have them exposed to sex rather than violence. I do not see a problem with hooters. But I think it would also depend on the time of day, and the day of the week as well. Monday through Wednesday afternoon evening would probably be more appropriate than a Thursday to Saturaday just because of the customer base.
  • joehempel
    Options

Kids are smart, they can learn a lot from the people around them and the way they treat women. So if there are people there who are being disrespectful of the women that can be problematic and the kid might learn those behaviors. I'm not saying it's a horrible thing to take kids there, just that one needs to be mindful of the potential things they might be exposed to.

Well I'm not ever taking my kid outside ever again...the potential to come across a rude person is just too much.
  • SkinnyTopher
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with kids seeing women scantily-clad, per se, but the fact that the business is actually centered on the objectification of women is concerning and I wouldn't want my children seeing that. I mean, I wouldn't want my daughter to learn so bluntly, and at an early age, that her body is a commodity. Society already does a bad enough of a job forcing girls to feel that way, as it is.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be caught dead there.

^This^
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options

Essentially, this. It's classless, and I wouldn't want my children growing up thinking women are objects to be leered at.