Is Hooters kid friendly?

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Well when you're just walking back and forth to church, I could see why.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    :drinker:
    You're "raising your glass to cheer" this nonsensical statement of his? Wow.

Because it was funny. A joke. Obviously, I'm sure you don't just walk back and forth to church. Even my super insanely religious aunt does more than that. I was cheers-ing a joke that I found funny.

I think I want to go to Hooters for dinner tonight...
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The waitstaff is kids friendly, but the typical crowd I would say is NOT. Usually a bunch of guys hanging out, drinking, watching a game...so expect lots of cussing.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I would take my kids to Chuckie Cheese, or to some fun arcade rather than Hooters. Nothing wrong with Hooters, bu I think my kiddos would wanna have some fun some place else :)
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Ehh. I think its an ok place for adults but dont think I would ever take my kid there. I have many, many friends that treat Hooters like an all nude strip club with rooms in the back but I dont think its that bad. But the guy that said something about it being not as bad as the beach has a point. And now I want fried pickles. LOL.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Because it was funny. A joke. Obviously, I'm sure you don't just walk back and forth to church. Even my super insanely religious aunt does more than that. I was cheers-ing a joke that I found funny.
    Well, what I find "funny" is that HE brings up my religion in the forums more than I do! I purposefully don't mention morals or values that have to do with my being Catholic, but HE will always make a jab at me. I have my opinion on if I found Hooters to be kid friendly, and commented without bringing up religion. Sorry, but he does this often and it gets annoying. Sorry for the derail.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    Of course it is. Breasts are meant to feed babies, so why wouldn't you take your kids to a place that celebrates their first food? Plus, I am pretty sure they get crayons.

LMFAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: on another note, i wouldnt take my kids there for the reason it just doesnt seem appropriate for kids..they may be covered up and all, but still
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i know 'children' who work at hooters and tilted kilt :grumble:
    poor girls are barely 18, and will prolly regret it later in life.

buttt i would never ever take my kids to hooters. i wouldnt want them to see me gawking at girls ;] just joking
  • KayJay03
    KayJay03 Posts: 5
    Options
    I wouldn't be caught dead there.
  • TiredOfBeingFAT130
    Options
    My daughter has been to Hooters a couple times. She is 19 months old. I don't find it to be a sexual place, but I know some people do. Showing cleavage and wearing short shorts.... I see that just going to WalMart. In my experience, the waitresses are only flirtatious with the single men... they certainly don't act sexual waiting on a table with a married couple and a baby.
  • OH_matt
    OH_matt Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've taken my 7 year old to Hooters and he loved it. I think it was mainly because the closest Hooters is on the Ohio River and he loves boats. He did however, get me a waitress's number completely out of the blue. He just said he really liked her cuz she was "so beautiful." (COMPLETELY unprompted) she thought it was sweet and said that daddy must have taught him well, so she gave me her number. Now I take him every time I go. :bigsmile:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My daughter has been to Hooters a couple times. She is 19 months old. I don't find it to be a sexual place, but I know some people do. Showing cleavage and wearing short shorts.... I see that just going to WalMart. In my experience, the waitresses are only flirtatious with the single men... they certainly don't act sexual waiting on a table with a married couple and a baby.

Exactly, they basically play their audience. Flirt with the old men or the single men to get good tips, and be friendly and helpful to families. Every time I've gone they're AWESOME with kids, not inappropriate at all, one time a waitress came and colored a picture with my son. It's not this dirty place people make it out to be.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Its a restaruant not a strip club

Do understand that....and if there was something so wrong with it, then kids would not be allowed
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a big deal. We love going there as a family. My kids love the food! And my son loves watching sports! The girls are in tight shorts and tops but nothing is really out if you know what I mean. And sure you can tell the girls are flirting but my kids don't have a clue it's happening.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    We have gone to different Hooter's as we've travelled. I have two boys, and we were going when the youngest was about 6. He probably saw the girls, but never made a big deal out of it. He didn't start obviously noticing them until he was about 9, and he was still at that real cute stage where the girls would dote on him. They were always very good about how they behaved around him, and always treated all of us with respect. Last year we were in Memphis and went to the Hooters there. He was so funny, because he was 13, and the waitress we got was this adorable young girl who rendered him speechless. So we had a little fun with him and she came up behind him and hugged him. We've had nothing but good experiences at Hooters.

I've never made a big deal out of the way they are dressed, so neither do they. What they may think to themselves, now that is entirely a whole different matter, and is information I prefer not to know!! ;)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    When I was married to my ex we would take my oldest there but he was really young. In my opinion if their too young to understand what's being said by other people and there isn't something crazy going on... no worries but when their impresionable I personally wouldn't do it but to each his own. It does bother me now because my ex will take my son who is 7 and they will single him out..you know...single dad...kid...but not my business lol But he does use words that are inappropriate for his age
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Well, what I find "funny" is that HE brings up my religion in the forums more than I do! I purposefully don't mention morals or values that have to do with my being Catholic, but HE will always make a jab at me. I have my opinion on if I found Hooters to be kid friendly, and commented without bringing up religion. Sorry, but he does this often and it gets annoying. Sorry for the derail.

Just turn the other cheek and move along. When you show that it bothers you, everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon. Its the devil's work.....
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    It is if your child is still breast feeding
  • ninaquelinda
    ninaquelinda Posts: 136
    Options
    I've only been to Hooters once, wasn't a big deal. It wouldn't be my first choice of food to eat but I don't see any harm in taking my kids there. I think it depends on time of day though... I wouldn't take them late when people are doing more drinking than eating, the same goes for the local pizza/pub that we like to go to.
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Seriously people?

Hooters was "edgy" in the 80's and since then the uniforms havent changed, but the times have. Ladies walk down the street (forget the beach or pool) with much less. They wear shorts (with panty hose on) and a tank top - oh the horror! The kids will be damanged for life.

I go there (or use to) because I love the wings.