Is Hooters kid friendly?

Options

Replies

• blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    yes, when i go there's always families. that's why i like it.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take my kids there. It's not about the girls themselves, but about some of the guys that go there. I'm sure most of the guys that go to Hooters are normal, but you always have that 1% who would act like a *kitten* and try to be inappropriate.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If you think that Hooters is the only place your kids are going to be exposed to girls in tight tops and tiny shorts, you are in for a rude awakening... :)

I have only been to Hooters once and didn't enjoy the food. We have enough good restaurants here that going to a chain is really not worth it. But in terms of comfort? I wouldn't mind taking children there. Lots of people do.
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Okay, as my friends and I are in our mid 20's we frequent hooters a lot during football season. It's not the waitresses that I feel is inappropriate because they wear shorts and t shirts. It's a table like ours with 10 young adults cussing and cutting up during a sports game. In my defense, that's the general atmosphere with most of the tables older men, college kids and working people getting rowdy at something the ref called. In my head, I feel like I have to censor myself because there's a family with young children sitting in the middle of the patio.

Ha! I agree. I don't care for Hooters, but if I'm going to a sports bar to drink, watch the game, and cuss at the TV, I prefer not having kids around and feeling like I need to censor myself lol.

ETA: I guess it depends on the age of the kid. Babies and toddlers are too young to care; older teens are old enough to understand. The other kids, I don't know.
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well, if you want T&A in your kids' face, then sure, it's kid friendly!
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Would you take your children to a place like Hooters?

No. In fairness, I'd never go there anyway, with our without our children, there's tonnes of nicer places to eat with much better food.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    would u take your kids to see strippers next ppl will say its ok for your kids to watch you have sex

Wait a second...that NOT ok?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Then they the kids turn 18 and you let them out of the bubble you created only for them to run screaming back to you saying this isn't the world you portrayed to me. How do kids no whats right and wrong if you hide the wrong from them? Mama can I get back in the bubble its too scary out there. Nevermind......
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'd rather take my son than my wife to Hooters.....
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Ughhh Hooters.. they have horrible food and then theres girls... we need a place with good food and Hot Men =) sounds more fun.. and no kids LOL
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Ughhh Hooters.. they have horrible food and then theres girls... we need a place with good food and Hot Men =) sounds more fun.. and no kids LOL

Now you're on to something.....
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Just for clarification here is a group of typical Hooters girls, except the one in the middle is not typical.
    hooters.jpg

I certainly hope NONE of you perfect people who think the girls that work there are trashy and the people that go there are trashy with guys in the corner with a "tent" in his pants flirting with the waitress...who would ever ever let your children see another girl wearing orange dolphin shorts and a white tank top. That would be outrageous!
    Some of you are so uptight! Granted, I live in Australia and I know we have a few Hooters lying around but I havnt been to them, but from what I have read, the girls are covered up and they arent objectified, so whats the big deal?
    You haven't been to one, so you don't know. The girls are not fully covered up, they certainly are made objects of attention, and there is an atmosphere that I do not find condusive to raising children. As another poster stated, there are groups of people watching sporting events, cussing, drinking, lots of flirting going on, etc. Nothing wrong with that for adults, but I certainly wouldn't consider that a positive family outing.

:laugh: I've been to Hooters many times, the one time I went and this jerkoff we were with tried flirting with the waitress the manager came over and asked him to leave.
    I understand not wanting to take kids to a restaurant/bar because of the atmosphere but please don't lump Hooters into some seedy bar with creepers. See above for clothing description.
    There are tons of other restaurants were the girls have less covered up but because they aren't called "Hooters" it's not that big of deal.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    the food at Hooters sucks, so no.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options

Now you're on to something.....

If they had a place like this, there would be alot of ladies nights
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    We take our 4 year old there. She loves the wings.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    the food there is nasty
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    We take our 4 year old there. She loves the wings.

OMG running around hysterical, those orange shorts and white tank tops that she can't see anywhere else are going to scar her for life! :laugh:
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    Of course it isn't! It isn't very friendly to women either. Well, women who believe that women are actually human beings designed to be treated with dignity and respect.