Insanity?

Options

Replies

• sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Fit test 2 complete. Not too bad for 55 years old!

Switch kicks: 120-150
    Power jacks: 56-60
    Power knees: 85-95
    Power jumps: 60-70
    Globe jumps: 11-13
    Suicide jumps: 15-18
    Pushup jacks: 30-35
    Low plank obl: 50-70

It's nice to see the improvement on paper, but it's even nicer to see the results in the mirror!

Nice job!! :drinker:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Here's my new plan. I'm adding in the Insanity Upper Body Weight Training on the Cardio Recovery & Rest days. So this morning was Cardio Recovery & Weight Training -- threw in some pull-up sets too. :bigsmile: Loved it!!

Now I have to run and get our 2yo to Little Gym, so I can watch her do crazy stunts. :tongue:

I'll be back later!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I am on the lean phase of Chalean Extreme right now and I am getting Insanity for my birthday this month. So as soon as I finish up CE I am going to go INSANE! I am not sure i am ready for this but I don't want to wait around until I think I am because I might never get there! I will just do the best I can. I think my husband is going to do it too we won't be able to work out together most days since we work opposite shifts but it will be good to have a buddy. He is finally getting back into exercise after I have been doing CE.

I enjoyed reading this thread and got a lot of good info so thank you to everyone! I'll be back when I start my insanity!

Mary
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I am on the lean phase of Chalean Extreme right now and I am getting Insanity for my birthday this month. So as soon as I finish up CE I am going to go INSANE! I am not sure i am ready for this but I don't want to wait around until I think I am because I might never get there! I will just do the best I can. I think my husband is going to do it too we won't be able to work out together most days since we work opposite shifts but it will be good to have a buddy. He is finally getting back into exercise after I have been doing CE.

I enjoyed reading this thread and got a lot of good info so thank you to everyone! I'll be back when I start my insanity!

Mary

Welcome Mary :wink:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Here's my new plan. I'm adding in the Insanity Upper Body Weight Training on the Cardio Recovery & Rest days. So this morning was Cardio Recovery & Weight Training -- threw in some pull-up sets too. :bigsmile: Loved it!!

Now I have to run and get our 2yo to Little Gym, so I can watch her do crazy stunts. :tongue:

I'll be back later!

Hope they sell these dvds seperately because I didn't see the deluxe when I bought it. Do you know if they plan on doing that Sandy?
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Did my insanity and then walked the hounds again. Will do slow and heavy chest and back work I think later.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Mary: Welcome!

Laura: Yes. I ordered the basic package too before I realized there was a deluxe. Just contact customer service, and you can order the three dvds separately. Now, if only they'd sell the t-shirts and water bottles. :laugh:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Thanks Sandy:bigsmile: . I'm going to do that right now. Just had my slow and heavy workout with Cathe and that's the first time I did this one. My muscles are still shaking!!! It was a lot harder than I thought:devil:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I'm getting too old for this! I did a tough & hilly 25 mile bike ride BEFORE the plyo circuit today. I've never been so exhausted in my life! Sandy, I took your advice and upped my cals a bit by adding protein shakes and some fruit to my daily intake. Not sure yet how many cals I ate today, but I will log it soon. Thanks!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Cardio Power + Resistance & Yoga this morning. I'm always very tired on Fridays, and today is no exception. It felt like the first time I had done this routine! I just listened to Shaun T telling me to DIG DEEPER and I did!! Feeling pretty good right now! :bigsmile:

singfree: You're welcome!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, Sandy!! I did CP + Resistance this morning too. Felt very tired when I started, but felt great when I finished! :bigsmile:

I am also down 3#!!! End of 3rd week for me, I am thrilled. I've even kicked up the cals this week and still losing. Woohoo!!!!!! Breakin' that plateau... thanks Shaun T.!! :bigsmile:
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Cardio Power & Resistance this morning, then off to the beach with the kids.

Having a girls night out tonight for a friends birthday, good thing I got up early to work out.

Sandy - Thanks for the info on the additional DVD's, I didn't order the deluxe package and I had no idea there were extra DVD's. What are the other 2?
  • sandy429
    Options

Having a girls night out tonight for a friends birthday, good thing I got up early to work out.

Sandy - Thanks for the info on the additional DVD's, I didn't order the deluxe package and I had no idea there were extra DVD's. What are the other 2?

You're welcome! From the BB site:

MAX Interval Sports Training -- interval workouts designed for elite athletes.

Insane Abs -- That six-pack was just the beginning. When you do this intense ab routine, you're going to find muscles you never knew you had.

Plus, a FREE workout!

Upper-Body Weighted Workout -- Because even Shaun T lifts weights on occasion! Go one on one with Shaun to work your entire upper body—chest, back, arms, and shoulders.
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options

You're welcome! From the BB site:

Insane Abs -- That six-pack was just the beginning. When you do this intense ab routine, you're going to find muscles you never knew you had.

Plus, a FREE workout!

Upper-Body Weighted Workout -- Because even Shaun T lifts weights on occasion! Go one on one with Shaun to work your entire upper body—chest, back, arms, and shoulders.

How much do they charge for the DVDs alone? I declined the bonus package, but am kicking myself now. Is it a horrific shipping charge like with the original package?
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Plus, a FREE workout!

I am kicking myself for not ordering the Deluxe!! I really want that upper body weighted workout. I'm hoping they come out w/ just the Deluxe DVD just like they did w/ ChaLean. :grumble:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, I ran 5 terribly muggy miles this morning. Don't think I'll be doing Plyo today, just feel kind of wiped out.

But... did I mention that I am down 3#?? Yippee!!!!!! :drinker:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Yipee Jess that is awesome. How many calories are you eating a day? I saw that you upped them. I have cardio resistance and cathe slow and heavy legs ahead of me still! I think we are on a big time difference I am pacific time. I want those dvds too! Have you seen the new ad for the ab workout rev abs I think it is called? Whatda think?
  • sandy429
    Options
    Plyo Cardio Circuit & Yoga for me this morning. And I'm smiling because I love it! :bigsmile:

Jess: Contact Coach Relations. They'll hook you up with the 3 add'l dvds. I don't blame you for not doing PCC today; the humidity takes a lot out of you. Congrats on the 3 lbs! :flowerforyou:

Laura: I saw the ad for Rev Abs. Not my thing. I'll stick with Tony & Shaun. :happy:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Workout DONE! Hard today....man sometimes I dread it!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days. School starts back Monday and I have to get the school ready and get all the teachers setup with their technology needs. I work in IT.

I haven't missed a workout and have eaten clean 4 out of the 6 days this week. I kinda spoiled myself today with mexican...all chicken though, no rice.

3rd week + complete. Fit test on Monday.

Pure cardio done this morning. 425 calories burned
    Cardio Abs this evening. 110 calories burned
    3 mile hill run right after 450 calories burned.

Tomorrow is my rest day. 6-8 mile run planned.
    I am now running high 6 to low 7 minute miles. Just 3 weeks ago I was running mid to upper 8's.
    WOW, I am impressed with Insanity.
    Oh, forgot to mention I took my blood pressure friday morning. 116 over 63. I used to be on blood pressure meds prior to BB.com