Insanity?

Options

Replies

• Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Finishing week 2 today, fit test tomorrow. This program is the real deal! I can see an improvement in the mirror already, really starting to lean out.

Are any of you thinking about merging Insanity with P90X as a hybrid workout after the 60 days are up?

Singfree, I am thinking about merging it with Cathe's STS. Sounds like you are doing great with the program! Keep it up :happy:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    I tried Insanity finally. I am in super physical shape and I could not keep up the whole time!!! :noway:

I started with the one that I keep hearing is the most difficult, pure cardio. At about the 12 minute marker of the main twenty minute block of no rests I started to fall back and never came back at full energy for the remaining eight minutes. HARD!!! Next time I will take little breaks so I can come back in full force instead of just merely moving along.

It really does get easier, not easy but easier :huh:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Good afternoon peeps! I did my Insanity and then Cathe's 4DS shoulders and calves and abs and then took the dogs for a walk. Now off to wash my van and perhaps clean it out (perhaps!). Have a great day!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Wow girl are you gonna have any energy left for tonight? Sounds like a BUSY morning :indifferent: Happy belated anniversary. My and hubbie celebrated our 16th on the 17th of July. Can't believe it :tongue:

HAHA! Well, I decided to do a shoulder workout this afternoon... Tony's One on One Diamond Delts. Then Ab Ripper X. :laugh: It was a rainy day here and I've been w/ my dd's all day. My littlest was napping and my other 2 were playing nicely...

Off to my date night! Woohoo! :bigsmile:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I tried Insanity finally. I am in super physical shape and I could not keep up the whole time!!! :noway:

I started with the one that I keep hearing is the most difficult, pure cardio. At about the 12 minute marker of the main twenty minute block of no rests I started to fall back and never came back at full energy for the remaining eight minutes. HARD!!! Next time I will take little breaks so I can come back in full force instead of just merely moving along.

haha that is how I feel about p90x
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs done! I almost missed Cardio Abs, I am glad that I rechecked the schedule! Wow, that's a killer combo! :bigsmile:

I can feel my metabolism kicking up... I was starving y'day!!! All clean eats, but I felt like I was eating every 2 hrs. My tummy was so loud around 4PM.

Enjoyed my date night... yummy seafood out for Chinese. No fried foods or rice for me. :laugh: And no popcorn at the movie either. :wink:

Had a friend y'day tell me that I'm looking thinner all over! Woohoo! Gotta love those good friends.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was supposed to be an "off" day, but I decided to do Pure Cardio instead. Tonight i will do the Fit Test, then throw in Cardio Abs for laughs (haha). I doubt if I will be laughing after that, just mopping up a gallon of sweat.

I needed to switch my days off a bit to accomodate my schedule. I would rather do it that way than miss a workout day. The only time I will be "off schedule" is during the recovery week. We will be away for a few days, so I will do some exercising at the hotel gym.

It seems that we are alll in the same boat as far as the difficulty of the workouts goes. It is becoming easier, but never easy. Jess, I can feel my metabolism kicking in too. Sometimes I am starving an hour after a meal. I'm going to up my cals a bit more, since I do some biking & walking in addition to Insanity.

Have an INSANE day!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Day 17 -- Pure Cardio, Cardio Abs, & Yoga

Killer combo, indeed! I'm glad the jumping portion of Cardio Abs goes by quickly! I was really rocking the jump tucks today, though. :bigsmile:

Jess, my metabolism is on the rise too. I lost 2 pounds in the first two weeks, and we both know I don't need to do that! Looks like I have to increase my intake again. Eating over 3000 cals is freaking me out; it's just insane that I could eat that much!

Mmmmmm . . . Chinese. Haven't had that for awhile. I'm glad you had a great night! You deserve it!! :flowerforyou:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good afternoon peeps! I did my Insanity and then Cathe's 4DS shoulders and calves and abs and then took the dogs for a walk. Now off to wash my van and perhaps clean it out (perhaps!). Have a great day!

Hey Laura!

It amazes me that you have the energy for more leg work after Insanity! Way to go!!

How'd that van cleaning thing go? :wink:
  • sandy429
    Options

haha that is how I feel about p90x

It's amazing how Insanity has a way of making the super fit feel super unfit! I love it!!! :tongue:
  • singfree
    Options
    My legs are DEAD for a bike ride after Insanity. It really feels good to take an easy ride after such an extreme workout. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing by adding a bike ride, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Question for all: Since we are all getting pretty hungry doing Insanity, do you add cals based on hunger alone, or do you calculate the extra cals in your food journal? I'm afraid to eat 3000 cals per day. I am 5'8" and 152 lbs.
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Laddy: Thanks! I'm loving Insanity too. I really want that t-shirt! :laugh:

smartinez: Nice work! Improvements across the board! Do you frequently suffer from bloody noses? I think I'd pass out if it happened to me. I don't do blood very well. :sick:

Sandy - I get the occasional bloody nose, but my allergy pills really dry me out and I've had the central air on for a few weeks now, so my sinuses are just really dry right now.

Sarina
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Did cardio circuit yesterday and then we were off to the amusement park for the rest of the day, didn't get home until late and I was too tired to post.

Pure Cardio and Cardio abs this morning...feeling great.

Time to hit the pool before running laps during cheer practice.

Sarina
  • sandy429
    Options
    My legs are DEAD for a bike ride after Insanity. It really feels good to take an easy ride after such an extreme workout. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing by adding a bike ride, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Question for all: Since we are all getting pretty hungry doing Insanity, do you add cals based on hunger alone, or do you calculate the extra cals in your food journal? I'm afraid to eat 3000 cals per day. I am 5'8" and 152 lbs.

I know how you feel about the 3000 cals, but you get used to it. :wink: I'm 5'9" and 121 lbs. I should be 125 lbs, but I keep losing thanks to my muscles. :tongue: :laugh: My plan is to have my body fat measured again at the end of Insanity. I had it measured a couple of months ago by a kinesiologist, and it was 9.8%. Crazy. I wouldn't mind putting some weight back on, but my body just keeps burning it off.

I would think with the biking and Insanity, you would do just fine at 3000 cals. Up your intake 100-200 every few days to give your body time to adjust and see how it goes.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Did cardio circuit yesterday and then we were off to the amusement park for the rest of the day, didn't get home until late and I was too tired to post.

Pure Cardio and Cardio abs this morning...feeling great.

Time to hit the pool before running laps during cheer practice.

Sarina

How fun! Way to push play after a long day!!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Laddy: Thanks! I'm loving Insanity too. I really want that t-shirt! :laugh:

smartinez: Nice work! Improvements across the board! Do you frequently suffer from bloody noses? I think I'd pass out if it happened to me. I don't do blood very well. :sick:

Sandy - I get the occasional bloody nose, but my allergy pills really dry me out and I've had the central air on for a few weeks now, so my sinuses are just really dry right now.

Sarina

Oh, I can see how that would happen. My husband has bad allergies too. No nose bleeds, though, thank goodness. I really don't do blood well at all! If the girls ever have a major injury, I don't know what I'll do. I just hope I can call my husband before I pass out! :laugh:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options

I ate 3000 calories a day for most of the last 9 months. I didn't lose weight, but I didn't gain either. Unfortunately, I was TRYING to lose!:tongue: Now, that I've cut back to 2000-2200, the weight is coming off. I'm hoping INSANITY will speed up the process! You should be fine at that calorie intake!
    Becky
  • singfree
    Options
    Fit test 2 complete. Not too bad for 55 years old!

Switch kicks: 120-150
    Power jacks: 56-60
    Power knees: 85-95
    Power jumps: 60-70
    Globe jumps: 11-13
    Suicide jumps: 15-18
    Pushup jacks: 30-35
    Low plank obl: 50-70

It's nice to see the improvement on paper, but it's even nicer to see the results in the mirror!
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Fit test 2 complete. Not too bad for 55 years old!

Switch kicks: 120-150
    Power jacks: 56-60
    Power knees: 85-95
    Power jumps: 60-70
    Globe jumps: 11-13
    Suicide jumps: 15-18
    Pushup jacks: 30-35
    Low plank obl: 50-70

It's nice to see the improvement on paper, but it's even nicer to see the results in the mirror!

Singfree - great job, improved on everything! I have to agree with you about the mirror, give me results I can see.
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    cardio recovery done! Day 18 already? I guess time flies when you're having fun, and I'm having a ball.