Insanity?

Options

Replies

• sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Cardio Power + Resistance for me this morning too. And yep, doing the harder pushups... we're all sick!! :tongue: (I mean that in the best possible way!!)

Also mowed the lawn, took the kids to the pool, and then walked/ biked w/ my dd's tonight. Oh, and did Ab Ripper X. :laugh:

Hey Jess! You are one busy girl! When do you sleep? :laugh:

What are you talkin' about, busy lady!!! :tongue: I slept from 11PM- 5:45 this morning. :wink:

LOL!! I actually fell asleep around 10 last night -- soooo early for me! :tongue:
  • sandy429
    Options
    OK, the first time I didn't do Insanity. But... I ran a hilly 6.5 miles this morning w/ my buddies, then did some pushups in the front yard. :laugh: Gorgeous day! Burned over 700 cals... which is more than double what I normally burn w/ Insanity so I am not slackin'. :laugh:

No Insanity?! Slacker. :wink: :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Pure Cardio with Cardio Abs done. In my opinion ARX is harder than Cardio Abs, just my opinion.

Off to my daughter's cheer practice...I run laps while she's practicing.

I haven't decided which is harder yet. They are both so different. I was really feeling that last move (don't remember what it's called). The jump tucks sure were fun! :drinker:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :bigsmile:

I did pure cardio and cardio abs this morning and walked the hounds. Will do Cathe's 4DS legs tonight after I get back from the lake. The good weather is still on a roll so have to take advantage while I can.

I took a total rest day yesterday instead of pure cardio and cardio abs. I can't remember the last time I did nothing. Aunt Flo came and hit me HARD (sorry tmi Laddy!) so decided to switch my days a bit and today TONS of energy so guess it was a good thing :tongue: .

Glad to see you guys are still all INSANE and I love the energy here:glasses: .

Laddy great job on the weight loss you are kicking serious butt dude:drinker:

Sandy and Jess for stay at home moms you guys are crazy busy :smile: . Love it!

Have a great day all!

BTW Sandy I'm not a coach. Just a lover of Beachbody products and all super dooper hard dvds that are out there!

Laura
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Ok, ok, I couldn't take feeling like a slacker!!! Did Pure Cardio and then went on a mile walk/ jog w/ my 10yo and did 20 pushups and 20 situps w/ her. I am done and ready for my rest day!!!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :bigsmile:

I did pure cardio and cardio abs this morning and walked the hounds. Will do Cathe's 4DS legs tonight after I get back from the lake. The good weather is still on a roll so have to take advantage while I can.

I took a total rest day yesterday instead of pure cardio and cardio abs. I can't remember the last time I did nothing. Aunt Flo came and hit me HARD (sorry tmi Laddy!) so decided to switch my days a bit and today TONS of energy so guess it was a good thing :tongue: .

Glad to see you guys are still all INSANE and I love the energy here:glasses: .

Laddy great job on the weight loss you are kicking serious butt dude:drinker:

Sandy and Jess for stay at home moms you guys are crazy busy :smile: . Love it!

Have a great day all!

BTW Sandy I'm not a coach. Just a lover of Beachbody products and all super dooper hard dvds that are out there!

Laura

Thanks Girl. I have to admit that reading what you ladies are doing I feel like the slacker.
  • sandy429
    Options
    So hubby missed yesterday's workout, so I agreed to do it again today with him. Yep, that's right. Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs two days in a row. :drinker:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this thread. I'm a little shy about posting here because you ladies and guys are freaking ripped!!!:bigsmile:
    None of you need to feel like a slacker now that I am here. I can assure you, I am the fattest, least fit of all! :embarassed:
    So here are the results of my fit test which ended with me laying on the ground and whimpering before dragging myself to my feet and tackling P90X Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X.....another workout which left me face first on the floor after the final attempt at dive bomber push-ups! :frown:

Switch Kicks ~ 70 (i think I counted correctly, although at the end I was feeling delirious so there could be a couple cheat numbers:wink: )
    Power Jacks ~ 47
    Power Knees ~ 92
    Power Jumps ~ 35 (I was feeling kind of cocky until I got to this point!)
    Globe Jumps ~ 12 (let the whimpering begin! :sad: )
    Suicide Jumps ~ 12 (seriously, is he nuts?!? :huh: )
    Push-up Jacks ~ 12 (NOW, I get the name...he IS insane!!!)
    Low Plank Obliques ~ 26

I did a 12 mile run yesterday and I can assure you all...this was SOOOOO much harder!
    Shaking in fear at what tomorrow holds!!! :noway:

Becky
  • sandy429
    Options
    Becky: Let me get this straight. You're doing Insanity & P90X? That is truly insane and there's definitely no need for it. Pick one program and dedicate yourself to that. Doing both will most definitely lead to overtraining and injury. Patience is key. No need to kill yourself over this.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Ok, ok, I couldn't take feeling like a slacker!!! Did Pure Cardio and then went on a mile walk/ jog w/ my 10yo and did 20 pushups and 20 situps w/ her. I am done and ready for my rest day!!!

I'd say you earned it! :drinker:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Becky: Let me get this straight. You're doing Insanity & P90X? That is truly insane and there's definitely no need for it. Pick one program and dedicate yourself to that. Doing both will most definitely lead to overtraining and injury. Patience is key. No need to kill yourself over this.

Becky, Sandy is right. Shaun T warns about over training while doing Insanity. I use to run 40-60 miles a month while doing P90X. With Insanity I've cut way back to around 20-30 and I'm only doing that because I'm running a 1/2 marathon in October.
    Be careful.
    Welcome to the group.
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I'd say you earned it! :drinker:

I think so!! I did take a 3 mile walk w/ my hubby and then a 3 mile bike w/ my dd, and Ab Ripper X, 20 situps, and 20 pushups again. Core is still sore from y'day!!

Fit Test again tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I agree!! Becky, please be careful and don't overtrain! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    So hubby missed yesterday's workout, so I agreed to do it again today with him. Yep, that's right. Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs two days in a row. :drinker:

Crazy gal!!! That's why I love ya! :heart:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks Girl. I have to admit that reading what you ladies are doing I feel like the slacker.

You're definitely not a slacker, Laddy!!!! You're doing awesome! :bigsmile:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I did my insanity workout and then round 31 of turbokick again. I also cleaned for a couple hours and now just chillaxing. Last night I did Cathe's leaner legs instead of 4DS. Omigod thought that would never end. Anyone done that one? Jess? You guys are all on the crazy train here and I am trying to keep up. Love this thread!
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Hey everyone. I did my insanity workout and then round 31 of turbokick again. I also cleaned for a couple hours and now just chillaxing. Last night I did Cathe's leaner legs instead of 4DS. Omigod thought that would never end. Anyone done that one? Jess? You guys are all on the crazy train here and I am trying to keep up. Love this thread!

I always call it *MEANER* legs! :laugh: I think in some ways it's worse than Butts & Gutts!

I appreciate the words of caution, but honestly I don't see how the 2 could be considered overtraining....especially when put up against what the rest of you are doing. Most of you seem to be doing even more than what I'm trying. I'm fat :tongue: , but I have been working out 2-3 hours a day (sometimes more) 5-6 days a week for a year now. It just took me 9 months to figure out I couldn't keep eating all my exercise calories and lose weight!:wink:
    If I'm wrong, y'all can be the 1st to say *told ya so!* :bigsmile: :laugh: :happy: :bigsmile:

Becky
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I appreciate the words of caution, but honestly I don't see how the 2 could be considered overtraining....especially when put up against what the rest of you are doing. Most of you seem to be doing even more than what I'm trying. I'm fat :tongue: , but I have been working out 2-3 hours a day (sometimes more) 5-6 days a week for a year now. It just took me 9 months to figure out I couldn't keep eating all my exercise calories and lose weight!:wink:
    If I'm wrong, y'all can be the 1st to say *told ya so!* :bigsmile: :laugh: :happy: :bigsmile:

Becky

I think you'll be ok as long as you aren't doing a *full* P90X rotation. You're right, I have been doing extra workouts. I don't mind doing 2-a-days, and do work out w/ my hubby at night. I would try doing one half of the P90X strength training. 1 round of Chest & Back should be perfect, not doing the full workout but you can push hard for 30 min. Obviously I wouldn't do PlyoX with all of the Plyo you're getting from Insanity. Good luck, girl!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Fit Test accomplished!! 15 days done and I improved in EVERYTHING!! Feeling great too! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Good job! I don't have Leaner Legs, isn't that on CTX?? I have Butts & Guts, 4DS, and Legs & Glutes though. :bigsmile: