Insanity?

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Well, I ended up doing a double y'day and did Plyo Circuit last night around 7:30. I was thinking of doing it today, but decided to take today as a *rest* day. I was tired after my run and swim y'day morning but after the warm up and stretch I was ready to go and had a great workout! Completely drenched in sweat when I was done.

I did end up going for about a 3 mile walk this afternoon, some w/ my dh and some w/ my dd. Even on my rest days I like to do *something* or else I just feel plain lazy. :laugh:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I finished my 1st full week of Insanity yesterday and I was pleased I lost 3 lbs and 1/2 inch off my waist. Then, with no workouts today I ran for the 1st time this week and the results were, (in Shaun T's voice) Bananas Yo!. Check this out. Over 1 minute off my time from my last 4+ mile run. Plus look at the graphs. My subdivision is very hilly as you can tell from the . I actually told myself several times to slow down. Guess the cardio is really working.

NICE Laddy!!! Those results sound great so far. Sigh, you're my inspiration :smile: !

Thanks Ripley, I'm really enjoying Insanity and I love the benefits.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used a HRM for the Insanity workouts? I haven't done that yet, but am curious to know how many cals are burned during a typical workout. Also how high does your HR get during the workout?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Has anyone used a HRM for the Insanity workouts? I haven't done that yet, but am curious to know how many cals are burned during a typical workout. Also how high does your HR get during the workout?

I do! I have a Polar F6. Today during the Cardio Power + conditioning I saw about 165 as a high. For me, that is not as high as I get running, but I was still sweating! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Cardio Power + Resistance done. Got the moves down after doing this one last week.

Day 8 complete! :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options

I have a Polar F6 too. I did Cardio Power & Resistance today and burned 375 cals. HR was 176 max & 153 avg.

Keep in mind that calorie burns are *very individual*. It depends on your height, weight, how hard you worked, how fit you are, etc. The only way to know for sure is to get a HRM.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Cardio Power + Resistance & yoga done. I worked out with hubby today and totally schooled him. :laugh:
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Cardio Power + Resistance done. I really enjoy this one. I felt better about my globe jumps this week, not as hard as they were last week.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Pure Cardio & yoga done! Feeling really good today!! Definitely need to hit the shower now! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Pure Cardio & yoga done! Feeling really good today!! Definitely need to hit the shower now! :bigsmile: :drinker:

Pure Cardio for me too!! Then did some pushups/ pullups/ core work w/ my 10yo dd. She's really wanting to do some working out w/ me so that is fun!

I also ended up walking a good 7 miles last night!! Walked w/ my dh like usual after dinner, then walked while my 5yo rode her bike, then walked w/ my 10yo! I didn't even realize I'd walked so long! Mainly walking and talking. :laugh:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :happy: Today was my official rest day but I did pure cardio today because I just didn't feel great yesterday. I did Cathe's shoulders and calves and cardio abs and then felt off. So today after pure cardio I did turbo kick round 31 for the first time. It was a lot of fun!!! Then I went to the lake and swam and paddled around in our rubber dingy with the pug in her life jacket which was priceless! Tommorrow is my fit test #2. I hope to see better results :bigsmile:

night'
    Laura
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Plyo Cardio Circuit done. It's getting easier...not easy, but easier. I took yesterday off because I wasn't feeling well, I'll make that up on Sunday.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Plyo Cardio Circuit done. It's getting easier...not easy, but easier. I took yesterday off because I wasn't feeling well, I'll make that up on Sunday.

Good job! I hear ya, they are getting easier. Still dripping with sweat though! Hope you are feeling better soon.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi everyone :happy: Today was my official rest day but I did pure cardio today because I just didn't feel great yesterday. I did Cathe's shoulders and calves and cardio abs and then felt off. So today after pure cardio I did turbo kick round 31 for the first time. It was a lot of fun!!! Then I went to the lake and swam and paddled around in our rubber dingy with the pug in her life jacket which was priceless! Tommorrow is my fit test #2. I hope to see better results :bigsmile:

night'
    Laura

Hi Laura! Which Cathe did you do? The 4DS? Sounds like a great workout! Hope you are feeling better soon also!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Well, I did Plyo Cardio Circuit this morning. But after I went to the Y and swam 1,200 yds. :laugh: I wish I could have done it the other way, Plyo first and then swim, but had to get it in and home before my dh left for work. :tongue:

Feeling good today! Plyo is definitely one of my favs. Volleyball game tonight, I should be jumping higher after Insanity!! :bigsmile:
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm loving it!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Starting week 2 today. So far so good! My joints are getting used to the pounding and I'm no longer sore!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Plyo Cardio Circuit & Yoga this morning. I agree, getting easier, but not easy. No pauses or breaks today, so I'm feeling really good about that! Even nailed the ski abs! It's really helping to have hubby workout with me -- pushes me further & harder. LOVE IT!!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi all :smile:
    I did the fit test today and was pleasantly surprised that I improved in all the sections ! I will post my results later. I really improved in the plyo jumps the most. Then I did Cathe's 4DS heavy chest and back and am off to the lake yet again. We are the hot spot in Canada right now :bigsmile:
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Plyo Cardio Circuit & Yoga this morning. I agree, getting easier, but not easy. No pauses or breaks today, so I'm feeling really good about that! Even nailed the ski abs! It's really helping to have hubby workout with me -- pushes me further & harder. LOVE IT!!

Great! Maybe I need to make my hubby workout with me because I needed a couple of short breaks. Maybe I'll talk him into it!