Insanity?

Options

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your rest day. I ran 7 miles on my rest day. HEHEHE. OK, so I'm OCD. I just can't help it.:laugh:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done.

My husband wants to join me for Insanity! He's a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and feels it will really help his game. He went out and bought a heart rate monitor and was ready to go. Then last night, he came home from the dojo with a sprained ankle. If it's not one thing, it's another! :ohwell:
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done last night and Day 3 done this morning!

Wow is all I can say until I catch my breath again :happy:

I never thought that I would say Plyo X was a walk in the park, but about half way through the Cardio Plyo Circuit , I was wishing for Plyo X.

I really enjoyed the Resistance routine today although I'm really missing the weight training.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done for me. Cardio Power + Resistance. Another sweatfest! I am loving these workouts! :bigsmile: I admit, I'm still a cardio junkie!! :wink:
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    I just watched the Sneak Peek, and it looks awesome! I might have to get in on that.
  • laddyboy
    Options

I never thought that I would say Plyo X was a walk in the park, but about half way through the Cardio Plyo Circuit , I was wishing for Plyo X.

I really enjoyed the Resistance routine today although I'm really missing the weight training.

Amen sister. I'm glad I did plyo 2 times per week.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done.

My husband wants to join me for Insanity! He's a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and feels it will really help his game. He went out and bought a heart rate monitor and was ready to go. Then last night, he came home from the dojo with a sprained ankle. If it's not one thing, it's another! :ohwell:

Uh-oh :frown: Is he going to okay soon? No insanity for awhile I assume. But that is cool that he wanted to do it with you.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options

I decided to add in Cathe's 4 day split because I was thinking I'd miss the weight training too. I think next month I will do her cross train express weights. I don't find it too much because they are only 1/2 hour long.

Plyo X seems sooooooooo easy now doesn't it :huh:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    So today was day 1 of my second week and no, the workout didn't seem easier to me! I also did heavy chest and back and was drenched when I finished it all! I am off now to take the doggies for a hike and then to the book store to buy Sophia Kinsella's new book. I love holidays :bigsmile: . I am not looking forward to getting up at 5:00 to do Insanity when I go back to work but I'm sure it will put spring in my step for the rest of the day. Enjoy the rest of your day all:happy:

Laura
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Day 3 done for me. Cardio Power + Resistance. Another sweatfest! I am loving these workouts! :bigsmile: I admit, I'm still a cardio junkie!! :wink:

Hey Jess how come I don't see you on the Cathe boards anymore??
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 3 done.

Uh-oh :frown: Is he going to okay soon? No insanity for awhile I assume. But that is cool that he wanted to do it with you.

Oh yeah, this is nothing compared. He's already had three knee surgeries! :noway: I keep telling him he's not 21 anymore & can't wrestle with the 200 pound guys and expect to come out of it pain free, but he doesn't listen. :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 4 -- Cardio Recovery & 25 minutes of Yoga. Thank goodness! I really enjoyed today's workout and savored every minute of it! I previewed Pure Cardio, and I gotta say I'm a bit nervous about that one! :tongue:
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    Day 4 here, cardio recovery. I was hesitant to do this full-time (I admit I'm still a little on the fence) but I think I'll continue onward. Having a recovery day like today makes me a little more assured that I'm not doing anything too ridiculous :happy:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Day 4 -- Cardio Recovery & 25 minutes of Yoga. Thank goodness! I really enjoyed today's workout and savored every minute of it! I previewed Pure Cardio, and I gotta say I'm a bit nervous about that one! :tongue:

Love that we are on the same schedule!! I loved the Cardio Recovery, it was such a nice stretch!! :bigsmile: Ooh, I've heard Pure Cardio is an animal workout!!

Oh, and I couldn't resist last night. Greg was working out so I did 1 round of Shoulders & Arms w/ him and then we took a 3 mile walk. :laugh:
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Day 4 - Cardio Recovery done. That was nice :laugh:

Okay I have a question on the schedule. Next week there is a workout called "Cardio Circuit" is that the same as Plyo Cardio Circuit? I don't have a disc called Cardio Circuit. Is the same workout called two different names on the schedule?

Previewed Pure Cardio and I think I worked up a sweat just watching it!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Okay I have a question on the schedule. Next week there is a workout called "Cardio Circuit" is that the same as Plyo Cardio Circuit? I don't have a disc called Cardio Circuit. Is the same workout called two different names on the schedule?

Yes, that is correct.
    Previewed Pure Cardio and I think I worked up a sweat just watching it!

I know! Shaun T even says it makes him nervous! :noway:
  • sandy429
    Options

Love that we are on the same schedule!! I loved the Cardio Recovery, it was such a nice stretch!! :bigsmile: Ooh, I've heard Pure Cardio is an animal workout!!

Oh, and I couldn't resist last night. Greg was working out so I did 1 round of Shoulders & Arms w/ him and then we took a 3 mile walk. :laugh:

Somehow, I think tomorrow's 'animal' workout will be no problem for you! :wink:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Good evening everyone:wink: I had pure cardio today and made it all the way through. It is a kick butt workout and I THINK I like it :huh: Funny, Insanity doesn't seem that insane unless you are doing it. Once you're done it seems like it wasn't so bad :noway: . I sure sweat though :ohwell: I spent quite a few hours out in the garden tonight planting a new raspberry patch and trimming trees. Did a couple walks with the dogs too. Twas a good day!
  • laddyboy
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday, was a busy day plus I had to go to a 4 hr. training class for my job, new support tools.

Anyway, Pure Cardio was a monster but doable. I only stopped 2x's. Once after the 1st level, I took like 20 seconds longer and once during frog jumps....stopped at the 40 sec mark. I think the thing that makes Pure Cardio so hard is the 1 minute on all the moves. Now that I've made it thru what I feared the most I am satisfied that I can make it thru, well at least the 1st month anyway. If you scare easy don't preview month 2.
    We can do this! Keep it up everybody.

Off for some Plyo Cardio Circuit and some shoulder n arm.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Phew! Pure Cardio is done, and I followed it up with some yoga (of course! :bigsmile: ). I agree with laddyboy, it's a monster but doable -- nonstop sweating from beginning to end! I took a look at Cardio Abs, and I think I'm really going to like adding that in next week!

This is the first time I've worked out with Shaun T, and I really like him. I do miss Tony's wit though. :tongue: