Insanity?

Options

Replies

• n8tveca
    n8tveca Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm excited - I ordered mine day before yesterday. I will be starting on the 20th or 27th depending on when the disks arrive. I noticed the BB link on PG1, maybe I'll go back even though I hate the new forums there :brokenheart:

I also have a lot of doubts about whether or not I am "ready" for Insanity, but then I remembered how I was when I started P90X. I could NOT hang at first even though I passed the fitness test (nearly puking in the shower after the first few times...anyone anyone? lol), so my thinking is that I will tackle Insanity to the best of my ability with the goal of trying not to hit Pause. Instead I will do as much as I can on every move even if it means collapsing into a puddle of my own sweat which is sure to happen. In time, we all will progress as long as we continue to "Dig Deeper". It's a weird sick twisted type of anticipation I am feeling right now...:)
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    UPS tracking has been updated, and my Insanity is out for delivery!! WOO-HOO!!! I'm so excited. As tired as I am, I have a feeling I'll be digging into it tonight! :bigsmile:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    UPS tracking has been updated, and my Insanity is out for delivery!! WOO-HOO!!! I'm so excited. As tired as I am, I have a feeling I'll be digging into it tonight! :bigsmile:

OH YEAH BABY ! You are my kind of girl :devil: I started the same day I got it too. No sense wasting time right????
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    I'm excited - I ordered mine day before yesterday. I will be starting on the 20th or 27th depending on when the disks arrive. I noticed the BB link on PG1, maybe I'll go back even though I hate the new forums there :brokenheart:

I also have a lot of doubts about whether or not I am "ready" for Insanity, but then I remembered how I was when I started P90X. I could NOT hang at first even though I passed the fitness test (nearly puking in the shower after the first few times...anyone anyone? lol), so my thinking is that I will tackle Insanity to the best of my ability with the goal of trying not to hit Pause. Instead I will do as much as I can on every move even if it means collapsing into a puddle of my own sweat which is sure to happen. In time, we all will progress as long as we continue to "Dig Deeper". It's a weird sick twisted type of anticipation I am feeling right now...:)

Jeez the whole time I am doing Insanity I am doubting myself but the people in the darn dvds are breaking when exhausted so you can too! I could hardly sleep the night before last knowing I was waking up to the first workout! BTW, I hate the new BB forums too :mad:

Laura
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    So I did the fit test and I got:

1. Switch kicks - 64
    2. Power Jacks - 61
    3. Power knees - 96
    4. Power Jumps - 41 (omygod that was hard)
    5. Globe Jumps - 10
    6. Suicide Jumps - 22
    7. Push-up jacks - 40
    8. Low plank oblique - 84

This was a workout in itself :devil: ! You have to do it every 2 weeks. Each exercise is your max in one minute. I decided I am going to do Cathe's weights from 4 day split in addition to these for weights because I didn't buy the deluxe kit from Insanity. They are only 1/2 hr each so I think that is doable. I am wondering about running though? Do you think you could still run and do this? Or would that be too much?

My second meal was just as yummy. It was toasted wwheat eng. muffin with 1 egg and 2 egg whites scrambled and two slices turkey bacon and some tomatoe. Mmm-mmm-good.:smile:

Laura

Wow, that fit test sounds intense. I get mine tomorrow. I'm probably going to do a week before I offically start on the 27th with my group. You should plug in with us.
    I plan on running with Insanity because I am running a 1/2 marathon in the fall. Right now I run about 60-80 miles a month. I will do Insanity in the morning and run after the sun goes down.

I just started running again after having pt with a bad IT band. How do you do your runs?
    Everyday, every other day? I think that I am going to try for 3 X per week and the 4 day split weights. It will be a lot but I will run in the evening too I think. I previewed my disc for tommorrow and I am scared!

Laura

I usually run in the evenings. Although after doing day 1 on Insanity I don't think I'll anything left to run on.

So you got it? And you started? Enquiring minds want to know!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I did. I am starting a warm up week before I start officialy on the 27th with my group over at the X Warriors.

The fit test was hard. Plyometrics Cardio Circuit was very hard and day 3 Cardio Power Resistance is very hard also. It is a ton of Cardio. What P90X is to Resistance, Insanity it to Cardio. I am considering doing P90X resistance in the evenings to do a Hybrid workout because I don't see a lot of muscle building. Muscle toning and maintaining yes. But remember, I've only done 3 DVD's so far.
    It does get your heart rate up there. 93% this morning. That's the highest so far. The good thing is you control it. People in the videos drop like flies so you feel better knowing they struggle also. It reminds me of my 1st week of P90X where I had to drag myself up 2 flights of stairs to my bedroom to take a shower and get ready for work. We 2 will be better. All in all its crazy good. Insanely good. I still want my mommy when I'm done. HEHEHE:laugh:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    I did. I am starting a warm up week before I start officialy on the 27th with my group over at the X Warriors.

The fit test was hard. Plyometrics Cardio Circuit was very hard and day 3 Cardio Power Resistance is very hard also. It is a ton of Cardio. What P90X is to Resistance, Insanity it to Cardio. I am considering doing P90X resistance in the evenings to do a Hybrid workout because I don't see a lot of muscle building. Muscle toning and maintaining yes. But remember, I've only done 3 DVD's so far.
    It does get your heart rate up there. 93% this morning. That's the highest so far. The good thing is you control it. People in the videos drop like flies so you feel better knowing they struggle also. It reminds me of my 1st week of P90X where I had to drag myself up 2 flights of stairs to my bedroom to take a shower and get ready for work. We 2 will be better. All in all its crazy good. Insanely good. I still want my mommy when I'm done. HEHEHE:laugh:

I KNOW, I KNOW! I agree with everything you wrote. It is super hard. The hardest dvds I have done. Good thing they are shorter or I don't think I could do it. Seriously :noway: . I am doing the weight work four days a week because I don't want to lose muscle either. Even the cardio break today wasn't the easy stretch I was expecting :ohwell: . Oh well, that's why I bought insanity because it didn't look like any other workout out there!!! Tommorrow I am skeered because it is pure cardio and I've heard, no breaks. AHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Insanity did arrive on my doorstep late last night! I'm getting ready to watch the intro dvd and will probably do the fit test later this afternoon. Pictures tomorrow.

So I'm not the only one worried about muscle mass during this round? I was thinking of throwing in some pullups too just so I don't lose those, and I'll probably do YogaX every rest day.

Although, the test group people look pretty ripped to me. I think the key will be to keep the calories up. This is no time to cut back on nutrition. Oh, that's one thing I was very happy about: as I was going through the Nutrition Guide, I found that I already eat a lot of the suggested meals. Yay!!
  • sandy429
    Options
    I was just lurking around on the BB Insanity threads and found these two posts:

1. There is a common misconception that Insanity is a cardio program. It's not. Its a total body conditioning program. There are plenty, and I mean plenty, of crazy push ups in this program. No one is going to lose strength during this program, and in fact you should get stronger.

2. Insanity is a cardio AND a conditioning program. This means that you are increasing your over all strength as well as your endurance and cardiovascular fitness. Your own bodyweight will suffice as a resistance too for your upper body "pushing muscles" (chest, shoulders and triceps). However your "pulling" muscles will have a bit less resistance. Not to worry. Remember, this is a 60 day program. After 60 days you can add some upper body resistance program (a beach body one, of course) and you'll be better for it.

So it would seem that extra weight workouts are not necessary. Maybe just a few pullups thrown in here and there, but Insanity should take care of the rest.
  • sandy429
    Options
    I just did the Fit Test. Laura, you were right -- that is a workout in itself! I burned over 200 calories just in that 25 minutes. The workouts are going to kill me! :laugh:

Here are my stats:

Switch Kicks: 60
    Power Jacks: 57
    Power Knees: 100
    Power Jumps: 57
    Globe Jumps: 10 (yep, hard)
    Suicide Jumps: 20
    Push-up Jacks: 40
    Low Plank Oblique: 75
  • laddyboy
    Options
    I just did the Fit Test. Laura, you were right -- that is a workout in itself! I burned over 200 calories just in that 25 minutes. The workouts are going to kill me! :laugh:

Here are my stats:

Nice number girl! This is going to be tough!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options

Here are my stats:

Wow! Good #s Sandy! How'd the first workout go? Nuts eh? Hope you were sweating girl! Interesting about not adding the weight. HMMMMMMMMMMMM. Less workouts would be good....Have to think on that :huh: . Thanks for the info. I am crazy sore today. Not sure if it is the Insanity #2 workout DOMS or from canoeing for a couple hours or both. But I am in pain :sick: ! Hopefully goes away for the pure cardio tommorrow. I am loving and hating this all at once!!!!!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Laddyboy are you doing Pure Cardio tommorrow? Just wondering if we're on the same days now?
  • sandy429
    Options
    Thanks Laura & Laddyboy! I think I'm going to stick to the calendar and have Sunday be my rest day. I'll do YogaX tomorrow -- really need the stretch -- and a test-drive of Plyo Cardio on Monday. On Tuesday, I'll Dig Deep with Plyo Cardio and be on track with the calendar. :bigsmile:
  • laddyboy
    Options
    No, I doing like Sandy, Sunday will be my rest day. I'm going to run 6-8 miles do some abs work then take it easy. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow doing the 2nd weeks workouts then my group starts on the 27th. Geesh, not looking forward to that darn fit test on the 27th.
  • chickylet
    chickylet Posts: 76
    Options
    I have to comment on your picture, ripley36. I was doing a workout on the floor one night, and my pug also decided to lay on my chest. Too Cute!!:laugh:

Pugs are the BEST :bigsmile: ! Lilly is my puggie and she is always watching for the time when I lay on the floor so she can snuggle me somehow. She always wants to be on me. Guess she loves me as much as I love her :love:

The pugs are great. I have 2 of them now and always have at least one of them on me. Right now, they are both sharing the computer chair with me. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    I have to comment on your picture, ripley36. I was doing a workout on the floor one night, and my pug also decided to lay on my chest. Too Cute!!:laugh:

Pugs are the BEST :bigsmile: ! Lilly is my puggie and she is always watching for the time when I lay on the floor so she can snuggle me somehow. She always wants to be on me. Guess she loves me as much as I love her :love:

The pugs are great. I have 2 of them now and always have at least one of them on me. Right now, they are both sharing the computer chair with me. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

You will never experience true love until you own a pug :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Thanks Laura & Laddyboy! I think I'm going to stick to the calendar and have Sunday be my rest day. I'll do YogaX tomorrow -- really need the stretch -- and a test-drive of Plyo Cardio on Monday. On Tuesday, I'll Dig Deep with Plyo Cardio and be on track with the calendar. :bigsmile:

So let's start our check-in on Monday then? What should we call it? Any great ideas out there? I'm thinking "I really want that Insanity t-shirt" check-in :bigsmile: .
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    No, I doing like Sandy, Sunday will be my rest day. I'm going to run 6-8 miles do some abs work then take it easy. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow doing the 2nd weeks workouts then my group starts on the 27th. Geesh, not looking forward to that darn fit test on the 27th.

So did you do pure cardio yet? I did it this morning and it was tough but I only had to stop once for a quick drink and once on a break from the jack push-ups at the very end. I was proud of myself:happy:. Almost done my first week. I still really hate that warm-up though:mad: .

Laura
  • sandy429
    Options

So let's start our check-in on Monday then? What should we call it? Any great ideas out there? I'm thinking "I really want that Insanity t-shirt" check-in :bigsmile: .

I love it!! I do so want that shirt!

I saw a really cool name on the BB site: Insanimaniacs. I thought it was great, especially since I used to love Animaniacs! Too bad it was taken. :laugh: