Insanity?

Options

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I love the warmup. It's the circuit I hate. I did Plyo Cario this morning and I made it all the way thru with a few extra paused to clean up the vomit..HEHE JK. I did have a few extra pauses but I was happy I made it all the way thru. Looking forward to tomorrow.
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I gave Plyo Cardio Circuit a test drive this morning. Wow. Makes PlyoX seem like a walk in the park! Thank goodness I've done P90X for a over a year; otherwise those pushup drills would have killed me! :laugh:

I stretched out with 25 minutes of yoga afterwards. I highly recommend this, by the way. A good stretch is definitely in order after that monster.

Tomorrow, I'll Dig Deeper with the same workout. I hope I make it.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I gave Plyo Cardio Circuit a test drive this morning. Wow. Makes PlyoX seem like a walk in the park! Thank goodness I've done P90X for a over a year; otherwise those pushup drills would have killed me! :laugh:

I stretched out with 25 minutes of yoga afterwards. I highly recommend this, by the way. A good stretch is definitely in order after that monster.

That's funny about Plyo X. I was thinking the same thing the other day. When I first did P90X it was so HARD! Maybe Insanity will seem like that next year. Haha ya right :sad: I had my last day of my first week today and it seemed harder today than last time. Oh well, I'm sure there will be days like that. I did Cathe's 4DS shoulders and calves after and then a nice stretch. I agree about the yoga. It would be a great addition to the program.

BTW Sandy I love your new pictures that you posted :wink: . You look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Are you one of the those people who has a hard time gaining weight? I just ask because my husband is and he can gain muscle so easily. Come on, what's the story ??? :tongue:

Have a great day guys!
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    Oh good Lord...I just got mine today.

Gonna try the fit test tonight...wish me luck!
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I ordered it last week, it should be in today. I just finished my first round of P90X and am looking forward to mixing it up a little before I start a second round of P90X.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    I ordered it last week, it should be in today. I just finished my first round of P90X and am looking forward to mixing it up a little before I start a second round of P90X.

A little? You're in for it now!!:bigsmile:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options

Let us know how you did! Oh and GOOD LUCK :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options
    That's funny about Plyo X. I was thinking the same thing the other day. When I first did P90X it was so HARD! Maybe Insanity will seem like that next year. Haha ya right :sad:

Oh, I hope so!! I only got four hours of sleep last night, so I didn't even give it 100% this morning. Tomorrow, I'll be on track with the calendar and will give it my all (after a good night's sleep, I hope!).
    BTW Sandy I love your new pictures that you posted :wink: . You look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Are you one of the those people who has a hard time gaining weight? I just ask because my husband is and he can gain muscle so easily. Come on, what's the story ??? :tongue:

Ah, thanks! :blushing:

Yes, I have a super high metabolism and have a very hard time gaining weight, and muscle (especially my upper body) comes very easily. I actually eat around 3000 calories a day just to maintain. I owe a lot of it to P90X. I wasn't afraid to lift heavy in the 8-10 rep range, and I gained a lot of strength & muscle mass because of it.

I :heart: Tony Horton! I kind of feel like I'm cheating on him with Insanity! :laugh: :tongue:
  • sandy429
    Options

A little? You're in for it now!!:bigsmile:

Yeah, it's not so much mixing it up as it is being thrown into a blender on high. :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options

Good Luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Go girl!!! I did the Fit Test today. YAY, I can see that I'm going to love these workouts!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    That's what I was afraid of! I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to do the fit test tonight or tomorrow.
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    I did the fit test last night, here are my results:

Switch Kicks - 50
    Power Jacks - 42
    Power Knees - 70
    Power Jumps - 27
    Globe Jumps - 8
    Suicide Jumps - 13
    Push up Jacks - 12 (felt a little uncoordinated with these)
    Plank Obliques - 38

That was rough! Not too bad for a girl who was a couch potato only 90 days ago (before P90X). Someday I'll be able to keep up with the rest of you, but until then I'll just keep pushing play.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I've done 5 days on Insanity so far and they have all been intense. I keep putting off Pure Cardio. I have that on Thrusday. Why are the ones I dread the most always on Thursdays? YogaX and Now Pure Cardio. Oh well. I know when I reach the point when I don't have to stop I will have accomplished something.
    I love this.
    I burned 800 calories this morning with Power & Resistance. Whew!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good Morning!

I'm officially on track with the Insanity calendar -- day 2, Plyo Cardio Circuit done. And I followed it up with Rodney Yee's AM Yoga - Forward Bends. Aaaaaaahhhhhhh. :bigsmile:

I'm going to go sit in a ball in the shower now. :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me as well! Loved Plyo circuit!! Sweat fest for sure. Had my usual oatmeal which is very similar to the proatmeal in the guidelines!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Good morning people :bigsmile: I have a much deserved rest day today and plan on doing some gardening and visiting with my Mom at the lake. Perhaps a hike with the doggies and may take your advice Sandy and throw in some yoga :smile: . It is a beautiful day here in the Yukon. We are having a gorgeous summer :glasses: . Have a great day!

Laura
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    I did the fit test last night, here are my results:

Switch Kicks - 50
    Power Jacks - 42
    Power Knees - 70
    Power Jumps - 27
    Globe Jumps - 8
    Suicide Jumps - 13
    Push up Jacks - 12 (felt a little uncoordinated with these)
    Plank Obliques - 38

That was rough! Not too bad for a girl who was a couch potato only 90 days ago (before P90X). Someday I'll be able to keep up with the rest of you, but until then I'll just keep pushing play.

WOW! Good for you and so very brave of you! You'll be fine with an attitude like that :smile:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    I burned 800 calories this morning with Power & Resistance. Whew!

Those are great numbers Laddyboy :tongue:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good morning people :bigsmile: I have a much deserved rest day today and plan on doing some gardening and visiting with my Mom at the lake. Perhaps a hike with the doggies and may take your advice Sandy and throw in some yoga :smile: . It is a beautiful day here in the Yukon. We are having a gorgeous summer :glasses: . Have a great day!

Laura

Have a great day Laura! Enjoy!! :drinker: