Insanity?

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone:wink: I had pure cardio today and made it all the way through. It is a kick butt workout and I THINK I like it :huh: Funny, Insanity doesn't seem that insane unless you are doing it. Once you're done it seems like it wasn't so bad :noway: . I sure sweat though :ohwell: I spent quite a few hours out in the garden tonight planting a new raspberry patch and trimming trees. Did a couple walks with the dogs too. Twas a good day!

I agree!! Tough while going, but not bad the rest of the day. :wink: I ended up going for a 2 mile power walk last night, then hopped on my bike for a 9 mile spin.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Pure Cardio done for me. I loved the no breaks. I actually get bored during breaks in a lot of cardio workouts and often jog in place during the water breaks. :laugh:

I wish the hard cardio part had been a little longer, but I do like Shaun T's warm up and cool down. He really stretches the hamstrings and glutes well.

I like Shaun T. in these a LOT better than in Hip Hop Abs. He was kind of *cheesy* in the HHA, in my opinion. :indifferent:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess!

I jog in place too, after a sip of water. I love the look Tania gives Shaun T during one of the workouts when he's screaming at them to get back in line; it's a look that says, 'Shut it! I'm coming!' :laugh:

I don't think we'll have to worry about the segments being longer next month! :laugh:
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio...Done!!! By the end I felt like I had just gotten out of the shower and forgotten to towel off.

Sandy - I miss Tony too! Shaun is cool, but he doesn't have those really good one liners. Although I laughed at the end of the workout today when he comes out with "That *kitten* was bananas, Yo!"

Sarina
  • sandy429
    Options
    Sandy - I miss Tony too! Shaun is cool, but he doesn't have those really good one liners. Although I laughed at the end of the workout today when he comes out with "That *kitten* was bananas, Yo!"

Sarina

LOL! Yeah, that made me laugh too. Don't you just love how they bleep out the curse words? :laugh:

I also think it's funny that Shaun T is so out of breath. But then again, I love it because he's working hard too! :drinker:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday night everyone :happy: I did cardio recovery this morning followed by Turbo Kick round 30 which I love. I was supposed to work Cathe legs but will do that tommorrow I guess. I just wasn't feeling it today after those squat pulses and lunge pulses :grumble:

Sandy I really like Tony too but I am really warming up to Shaun T in this workout series :tongue: . I absolutely hated Hip Hop Abs and sent it back :mad: .
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I am really liking Shaun T. He just keeps pushing and pushing me.
    I think it's funny when 1 of the girls mouths the word sh1t. It just cracks me up.
    Overall, Insanity is hard but so doable and fun. And the time just flies by. I think my favorite
    part is the warm up. it's just bang, bang bang.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I finished my 1st full week of Insanity yesterday and I was pleased I lost 3 lbs and 1/2 inch off my waist. Then, with no workouts today I ran for the 1st time this week and the results were, (in Shaun T's voice) Bananas Yo!. Check this out. Over 1 minute off my time from my last 4+ mile run. Plus look at the graphs. My subdivision is very hilly as you can tell from the . I actually told myself several times to slow down. Guess the cardio is really working.
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Week one done. Felt much better about the Plyo Cardio Circuit this time, maybe because I knew what to expect. Going to go hit the pool.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, so I deviated from the plan today. I took the week off from running after my triathlon so today ran 6.5 miles w/ my buddies. Then 1,200 yd swim. Might either do Plyo circuit later or just do it tomorrow on my rest day. :laugh:

Feeling good though! :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Week 1 done with Plyo Cardio Circuit this morning. Tomorrow is a rest day, but I'm sure I'll do some yoga. Now it's just a matter of what practice. I miss Tony, so there's YogaX, or I could do Shiva Rea's Surf Yoga Soul & work on one-legged crane. Decisions. Decisions. :bigsmile:

Oh, and hubby thinks his ankle is feeling better and may start joining me on Monday. You know I'll have to outdo him, so I'll really Dig Deeper! :laugh:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm new to this site & wanted to know if you all could help me out with some things, if you don't mind.

When you are trying to calculate the amount of calories burned in INSANITY what would you select from the drop down menu as the type of workout?

Also, I filled in my weight, age & height & it gave me my ideal calorie intake in a day my question is, how do I know how many Carbs/Fat & Protein should I be taking in, is there a breakdown here on this site?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm new to this site & wanted to know if you all could help me out with some things, if you don't mind.

When you are trying to calculate the amount of calories burned in INSANITY what would you select from the drop down menu as the type of workout?

Also, I filled in my weight, age & height & it gave me my ideal calorie intake in a day my question is, how do I know how many Carbs/Fat & Protein should I be taking in, is there a breakdown here on this site?

Welcome!

I wear a heart rate monitor that tells me how many calories I burn, so I use that. A HRM is really the only way to get an accurate count. I love my Polar F6.

You can set your carb/protein/fat percentages in the goals section. For Insanity, you should be 40/40/20. Personally, I have mine set at 50/30/20 because I need my carbs for energy & burn through them very quickly.

My best piece of advice is to follow the Nutrition Plan that came with Insanity. Calculate your calorie intake using their formula and just use MFP to track your intake & ratios. Don't get too hung up on the numbers. Just eat clean and often.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day off of Insanity today, but I couldn't just sit still! So, I woke up and did Shiva Rea's Surf Yoga Soul. I love that one!

Namaste. :flowerforyou:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Sandy for your help. I am going to look into a good HM!!! With insanity I am bound to get my tail handed to me! :happy:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Thank you so much Sandy for your help. I am going to look into a good HM!!! With insanity I am bound to get my tail handed to me! :happy:

You're welcome! Post here daily for support & motivation!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Morning everyone :bigsmile: I have cardio circuit this morning. I was actually supposed to do that one two days ago but somehow got my days messed up so will do it today. Haven't done that one yet so will post later on how it goes. I HAVE to clean up my eating. I did good for five days or so and then NOT so good :explode: . So recommitting today!!!!!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Ok, so I finished my 1st full week of Insanity yesterday and I was pleased I lost 3 lbs and 1/2 inch off my waist. Then, with no workouts today I ran for the 1st time this week and the results were, (in Shaun T's voice) Bananas Yo!. Check this out. Over 1 minute off my time from my last 4+ mile run. Plus look at the graphs. My subdivision is very hilly as you can tell from the . I actually told myself several times to slow down. Guess the cardio is really working.

NICE Laddy!!! Those results sound great so far. Sigh, you're my inspiration :smile: !
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Hi All,

WELCOME :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Welcome!

I wear a heart rate monitor that tells me how many calories I burn, so I use that. A HRM is really the only way to get an accurate count. I love my Polar F6.

You can set your carb/protein/fat percentages in the goals section. For Insanity, you should be 40/40/20. Personally, I have mine set at 50/30/20 because I need my carbs for energy & burn through them very quickly.

My best piece of advice is to follow the Nutrition Plan that came with Insanity. Calculate your calorie intake using their formula and just use MFP to track your intake & ratios. Don't get too hung up on the numbers. Just eat clean and often.

ITA w/ Sandy!! Of course. :laugh: I also have a Polar F6 HRM that I love!!

I set mine at 45/30/25 because that seems to work for me. Sometimes I'm up to 50% carb depending on my workouts (I run, bike, and swim also :wink: ).

Good luck and welcome!!