Insanity?

Options

Replies

• FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Hey, can anyone give a rough estimate on the length of the workouts?
    I am interested in the program, but am trying to invest in things I can fit into my schedule.
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hey, can anyone give a rough estimate on the length of the workouts?
    I am interested in the program, but am trying to invest in things I can fit into my schedule.

The first month, the workouts are about 40 minutes each. In month 2, they increase to 60 minutes.
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Recovery done! I wish this workout was a bit longer as I don't feel like I've strectched out enough. Maybe I'll do some Yoga tonight.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    6 mile run, and then did Cardio & Recovery. Felt great to do the recovery after a run! :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Cardio Recovery & then some FOY with Tony. Feeling great today!!

Jess, you never cease to amaze me! :drinker:
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    Insanity is great.. Love it! Are you a Coach Laura?
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I'll be walking 3 miles at lunchtime, Insanity (cardio circuit) at 5 pm and bike 15 miles after that. Tomorrow is a day off. I was supposed to rest on Tuesday, but i switched to Friday instead. I'm having a blast with Shaun T.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's a question for all you Insanity fans. I am just about done with Chalean Extreme and trying to decide what my next workout will be. I know many of you are P90X grads. I am contemplating going to that or Insanity. Any advice on that? From what I understand Chalean Extreme and P90X are similar, but I know P90X are about double in workout time and I'm sure more intense too. What do you think would be a good one to transition to??
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Ok, here's a question for all you Insanity fans. I am just about done with Chalean Extreme and trying to decide what my next workout will be. I know many of you are P90X grads. I am contemplating going to that or Insanity. Any advice on that? From what I understand Chalean Extreme and P90X are similar, but I know P90X are about double in workout time and I'm sure more intense too. What do you think would be a good one to transition to??

I did ChaLean at the beginning of the year and loved it! I wouldn't say that P90X and ChaLean are similar, but they are weight training. Insanity is mainly cardio. If you're looking for weight training, go w/ ChaLean. They are really great workouts. I lost 8# and a lot of inches in the lower body using them.

Let me know if you have any questions!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'll be walking 3 miles at lunchtime, Insanity (cardio circuit) at 5 pm and bike 15 miles after that. Tomorrow is a day off. I was supposed to rest on Tuesday, but i switched to Friday instead. I'm having a blast with Shaun T.

Good job! I love Shaun T. His personality is great in Insanity! And he's easy on the eyes. :tongue:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Sing, that is a lot of cardio in one day!!! Have you gone mad??? :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    I love Shaun T. His personality is great in Insanity! And he's easy on the eyes. :tongue:
    Jess - I've got to second that one :love:
  • smartinez06360
    Options

Sing, that is a lot of cardio in one day!!! Have you gone mad??? :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Perhaps INSANE :laugh: :laugh:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Alf, you know me very well...so you know that I am quite mad!!! Actually, on the day before my "rest" day, I like to push myself really hard. That way I don't feel guilty about doind nothing on my rest day. Plus I'm eating at a Mexican restaurant tomorrow night. I know that I will eat some bad stuff!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Insanity is great.. Love it! Are you a Coach Laura?

I love it too :bigsmile: Nope I'm not a coach but I believe Jess is still. Am I right???
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    I love Shaun T. His personality is great in Insanity! And he's easy on the eyes. :tongue:
    Jess - I've got to second that one :love:

SO easy on the eyes :love:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Morning all :smokin: I gotter done. Plyo circuit, walk with the hounds and guess what? Off to the lake AGAIN! Went paddle boating yesterday and swimming in the lake and feel it in the legs today. Who'd thought? Have a great day!
    Laura:bigsmile:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

I did ChaLean at the beginning of the year and loved it! I wouldn't say that P90X and ChaLean are similar, but they are weight training. Insanity is mainly cardio. If you're looking for weight training, go w/ ChaLean. They are really great workouts. I lost 8# and a lot of inches in the lower body using them.

Let me know if you have any questions!! :bigsmile:

Thanks Jess! I'm glad someone out there has done P90X and ChaLean and can chime in! I think Insanity is the way to go because I need more cardio!
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    Out of curiosity... I have a pretty small apartment and i was just wondering how much space you need to do insanity??
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Out of curiosity... I have a pretty small apartment and i was just wondering how much space you need to do insanity??

I'm not sure about the second month but the first you only need a few feet :bigsmile: