Insanity?

Options

Replies

• smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA for the the past few days, but I'm on schedule and completed the Core Cardio and Recovery this morning at 4 am :sad: My dog woke me up to go out at 3 am and I couldn't get back to sleep, so I just got up and worked out.

Core Cardio & Recovery wasn't so bad, although I felt that last set with the shoulders and plie, I had to come out of it about halfway through and then get back in it.

Still dealing with a pulled something in my glute/hamstring, but it feels 10x better than it did. The only thing that bothered me today were the suicide drills and the high jumps (just the impact of landing).

Laddy - great job!

Sandy - My kids go back in 2 weeks...let the chaos begin :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Core Cardio & Balance done! Not bad... good cardio and stretching w/ core work. I enjoyed it! Of course, that won't be all that I am doing this week. :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Day 29 - Core Cardio & Balance + FOY. I missed Tony, so I added FOY today. I just may do this combo all week.

I'm going to do something out of the ordinary for me this week. I'm going to let my body actually recover. I know!! I really want to crush the next Fit Test, and I think my body needs a bit of a break. So no weights or extra workouts this week (except for yoga :wink: ).

I also just ordered YBB's Pure & Simple Yoga. I'll let you know what I think when I get it!

Namaste. :flowerforyou:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all! Went a bit of schedule today:glasses: . Didn't think I could handle that workout four days in a row so did Amy Bentos Kickboxing Surge premix 56 min and Mindy Mylrea's body bar strength and cardio 1/2 hour. Got nice and sweaty! Back to work tommorrow as it is a holiday here in the Yukon today!

Sandy, I have some YBB workouts couldn't get into them:noway: . How is that Tony FOY? Is is better than the 90X yoga? I hate how long that one is....:grumble:

Laddy you have done awesome! Go Laddy!

Take 'er easy!
    Laura
  • sandy429
    Options
    Sandy, I have some YBB workouts couldn't get into them:noway: . How is that Tony FOY? Is is better than the 90X yoga? I hate how long that one is....:grumble:

Awww, I love YogaX! But, I'm a yoga girl. :happy:

FOY is similar to YogaX, but it's only 46 minutes. He hits all the high points and throws in a few more chair poses. It's short & sweet.

I didn't like the dancy YBB, but Pure & Simple Yoga is supposed to be 30 minutes of just yoga. I plan on doing it after Insanity each day. That is, if I like it. :happy:
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Week 3 of Insanity began today! I did very well on Fit Test # 2. My results have noticeably improved I was surprised at how strong I have become in just a few weeks! This evening I did CE Burn Circuit 1. I will be alternating between that and Push Phase! I am eating very well and feel really good about my progress thus far.

Steph
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Recovery week! Well, not really. I want to make up two missed workouts, then just do some other exercises that are more "joint friendly"!!

Just a few observations reflecting upon the first month of Insanity:

Aerobic fitness improved dramatically!!

Energy and stamina through the roof!!

Really need to monitor food intake to fuel the intense workouts.

Not a lot of weight loss, but I lost some inches (fat) off chest/ waist.

IMO, well worth the money!
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Day 2 of the Core Cardio & Balance done! I don't feel like it's hard enough, I'm still sweating at the end but I don't feel wiped out. I know it's the recovery week but after the last 4 weeks this workout feels a little too easy. I guess i should enjoy it because I have a feeling next week may border on torture :laugh:

Singfree - great results, keep digging deeper. I agree this program is worth the money.

Sandy - I'm going to order Tony's FOY Yoga. I checked out your pics that side crane is impressive, I was pretty happy when I could hold regular crane for longer than a few seconds.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Ok, I posted this on the P90X thread last night but had to post here too!

OK, guess what I did tonight?? Chest & Back w/ my dh!! I have been doing Insanity, but this is my recovery week. I decided to join him tonight.

I started off w/ standard pushups... I busted out 51... yes 51 pushups! In a row! That is my new record for pushups in a row (of course, I can do more w/ breaks. ). I did stronger numbers than I have in a while! WOOHOO!! So... Shaun T. is still workin' me well w/ all of the pushups in Insanity!

And that was also after doing the Cardio Core & Balance Insanity workout this morning. I'm feeling grrrrreat!

This morning was my usual Tuesday 5 mile run. Felt awesome running, pushed a bit ahead of my buddies!
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Ok, I posted this on the P90X thread last night but had to post here too!

OK, guess what I did tonight?? Chest & Back w/ my dh!! I have been doing Insanity, but this is my recovery week. I decided to join him tonight.

I started off w/ standard pushups... I busted out 51... yes 51 pushups! In a row! That is my new record for pushups in a row (of course, I can do more w/ breaks. ). I did stronger numbers than I have in a while! WOOHOO!! So... Shaun T. is still workin' me well w/ all of the pushups in Insanity!

And that was also after doing the Cardio Core & Balance Insanity workout this morning. I'm feeling grrrrreat!

This morning was my usual Tuesday 5 mile run. Felt awesome running, pushed a bit ahead of my buddies!

Jess that's awesome, where do you find the time to do all that?
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Well, I got up early for the 35 min Insanity workout. Then did C & B w/ my dh after he got home from work. (his usual workout time, 4:30 in the afternoon) We just do one round but as many as we can do, so it's less than 30 min. So it wasn't that big of a deal.

My early runs I'm out the door by 5AM to get home before my dh leaves for work. Yeah, I'm a morning person. :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options

Well, I got up early for the 35 min Insanity workout. Then did C & B w/ my dh after he got home from work. (his usual workout time, 4:30 in the afternoon) We just do one round but as many as we can do, so it's less than 30 min. So it wasn't that big of a deal.

My early runs I'm out the door by 5AM to get home before my dh leaves for work. Yeah, I'm a morning person. :laugh:

You're a machine! Nice work out!! :drinker:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 2 of the Core Cardio & Balance done! I don't feel like it's hard enough, I'm still sweating at the end but I don't feel wiped out. I know it's the recovery week but after the last 4 weeks this workout feels a little too easy. I guess i should enjoy it because I have a feeling next week may border on torture :laugh:

Singfree - great results, keep digging deeper. I agree this program is worth the money.

Sandy - I'm going to order Tony's FOY Yoga. I checked out your pics that side crane is impressive, I was pretty happy when I could hold regular crane for longer than a few seconds.

Day 30 done for me too -- Core Cardio & Balance + FOY. I'm thoroughly enjoying this week because I've been previewing next month's workouts, and they are crazy! Definitely doable & fun, but crazy! I think the Interval Sports Training one looks like a blast!

I think you'll enjoy FOY; if it's from Tony, it has to be good! And, thanks for the compliments! I'm actually working on one-armed crane; haven't gotten there yet though. Being fit is fun! :bigsmile:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Hi ladies and laddy :happy:

I did Aerojump C.T.B.S. this morning and Kelly Coffee-Meyer's 30 mins to kickboxing this afternoon. To be honest I can't do the same workout EVERYDAY! Maybe tommorrow. Insanity month two starts in three sleeps :noway: !!!!

Jess, I have to get up at 5 now that I am back to work! Mind you my five is way later than yours :tongue: .

Sandy, I love that you love yoga. Wish I could. Did it take you awhile to love it?

Have a great day all!

Laura
  • thinsky
    thinsky Posts: 81
    Options
    Is the insanity workouts more cardio then say P90X? Is it set up the same as P90X how you do different dvd's daily and then every 3-4 weeks you switch the rotation? Or do you just go through the dvd's in order over and over in the 60 day period of time?

Would you say that it is more of a fat burner then P90X?

Thank you in advance.:flowerforyou:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Thinksy,
    Insanity is cardio TOTALLY. Even in the strength moves you are still doing cardio. The first month you do cardio plyometric circuit, pure cardio and cardio abs, and another one (can't remember the name) and the fit test 2X. They rotate differently for the four weeks. There is also one rest day and one day for a cardio recovery disc each week. So six workouts a week and one rest day. The cardio recovery isn't very hard but the others are really hard-at least at first. Then you do a week of cardio and core 6 days in a row and then in month two the workouts all change and get longer. Haven't got there though. I would say it's totally different than P90X and mentally tougher!!! Much more of a fat burner too.
    HTH,
    Laura
  • thinsky
    thinsky Posts: 81
    Options
    Thanks Laura.
    I have been doing P90X but it isn't quiet the fat burner I need. I would say it is more for someone who already is lean and wants to tone and I am trying to get lean.

I will look into getting Insanity.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Thinksy,

Keep in mind that muscle burns fat. The more lean muscle mass you have, the more calories & fat your body will burn naturally 24/7. I suggest doing at least one round of P90X before jumping into Insanity.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I agree with Sandy, Insanity requires a fair amount of fitness. The fat loss in P90X will also come from the very good nutrition guide. People tend to forget that a good diet is the key to fat loss. Thinksy, P90X WILL help you to get lean if you follow the program...exercise AND diet. Good luck!!!
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Really wasn't feeling the workout today, perhaps it's because I only got a few hours of sleep. I pushed play anyway and really had to dig deep to get going, but I feel better now and hopefully that gives me the energy to make it through the rest of the day.