Insanity?

Options

Replies

• beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Yes, Leaner Legs is CTX!
    I just finished my Plyo Cardio Circuit! I am wasted! That is a killer workout!
    There will be no P90X Plyometrics today! LOL! :laugh: :laugh:
    HAve a great workout everyone!
    Becky
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options

I think you'll be ok as long as you aren't doing a *full* P90X rotation. You're right, I have been doing extra workouts. I don't mind doing 2-a-days, and do work out w/ my hubby at night. I would try doing one half of the P90X strength training. 1 round of Chest & Back should be perfect, not doing the full workout but you can push hard for 30 min. Obviously I wouldn't do PlyoX with all of the Plyo you're getting from Insanity. Good luck, girl!! :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

Wish my hubby would workout with me! He sat on the couch and ate Doritos while watching me yesterday. Then had the nerve to say, *it didn't look that hard, even though I'm sure it probably is, it just doesn't look it*:grumble: WTH! I almost smothered Mr. Dorito in his sleep last night! :laugh: :laugh:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    BTW Sandy I'm not a coach. Just a lover of Beachbody products and all super dooper hard dvds that are out there!

You should think about it!
  • sandy429
    Options
    With Insanity I've cut way back to around 20-30 and I'm only doing that because I'm running a 1/2 marathon in October.

Nope, no slacking there! Nice work!!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Hey everyone. I did my insanity workout and then round 31 of turbokick again. I also cleaned for a couple hours and now just chillaxing. Last night I did Cathe's leaner legs instead of 4DS. Omigod thought that would never end. Anyone done that one? Jess? You guys are all on the crazy train here and I am trying to keep up. Love this thread!

You're a machine! :drinker:
  • sandy429
    Options
    I appreciate the words of caution, but honestly I don't see how the 2 could be considered overtraining....especially when put up against what the rest of you are doing. Most of you seem to be doing even more than what I'm trying. I'm fat :tongue: , but I have been working out 2-3 hours a day (sometimes more) 5-6 days a week for a year now. It just took me 9 months to figure out I couldn't keep eating all my exercise calories and lose weight!:wink:
    If I'm wrong, y'all can be the 1st to say *told ya so!* :bigsmile: :laugh: :happy: :bigsmile:

Becky

Just be careful & listen to your body! Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Fit Test accomplished!! 15 days done and I improved in EVERYTHING!! Feeling great too! :bigsmile:

I never doubted that you would! :wink: :bigsmile:

2nd Fit Test for me today too:

Switch Kicks -- 60 - 120 (I counted each kick, so I guess this could be read as 30 - 60)
    Power Jacks -- 57 - 60
    Power Knees -- 100 - 112
    Power Jumps -- 57 - 65
    Globe Jumps -- 10 - 11
    Suicide Jumps -- 20 - 21
    Push-up Jacks -- 40 - 47
    Low Plank Oblique -- 75 - 105

Not too shabby, but I really want to work on the Globe Jumps, Suicide Jumps, & Push-up Jacks. :smile:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Thanks Girl. I have to admit that reading what you ladies are doing I feel like the slacker.

You're definitely not a slacker, Laddy!!!! You're doing awesome! :bigsmile:

Thanks girl. You ladies are doing awesome too. Keep it up.
  • laddyboy
    Options
    Fit Test accomplished!! 15 days done and I improved in EVERYTHING!! Feeling great too! :bigsmile:

I never doubted that you would! :wink: :bigsmile:

2nd Fit Test for me today too:

Switch Kicks -- 60 - 120 (I counted each kick, so I guess this could be read as 30 - 60)
    Power Jacks -- 57 - 60
    Power Knees -- 100 - 112
    Power Jumps -- 57 - 65
    Globe Jumps -- 10 - 11
    Suicide Jumps -- 20 - 21
    Push-up Jacks -- 40 - 47
    Low Plank Oblique -- 75 - 105

Not too shabby, but I really want to work on the Globe Jumps, Suicide Jumps, & Push-up Jacks. :smile:

Great progress Sandy...keep it going.
    I am enjoying Insanity more and more.
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Finished the second Fit Test, here are my results:
    1st 2nd
    Switch Kicks - 50 - 55 (counted 2 kicks = 1 rep)
    Power Jacks - 42 - 47
    Power Knees - 70 - 89
    Power Jumps - 27 - 30
    Globe Jumps - 8 - 9
    Suicide Jumps - 13 - 15
    Push up Jacks - 12 - 14
    Plank Obliques - 38 - 40 (counted 2 knees = 1 rep)

I actually did the fit test twice today because about halfway through the push up jacks i got a really bad bloody nose and had to stop. After waiting about 15 minutes for my nose to stop bleeding ( I was contemplating a trip to the Dr. if it didn't stop when it did) and cleaning the carpet I figured I would wait a little while and start all over again. I just used the results from the second time I did it.

Sandy - great job.

Laddy - congrats on your progress!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Laddy: Thanks! I'm loving Insanity too. I really want that t-shirt! :laugh:

smartinez: Nice work! Improvements across the board! Do you frequently suffer from bloody noses? I think I'd pass out if it happened to me. I don't do blood very well. :sick:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I tried Insanity finally. I am in super physical shape and I could not keep up the whole time!!! :noway:

I started with the one that I keep hearing is the most difficult, pure cardio. At about the 12 minute marker of the main twenty minute block of no rests I started to fall back and never came back at full energy for the remaining eight minutes. HARD!!! Next time I will take little breaks so I can come back in full force instead of just merely moving along.
  • laddyboy
    Options
    I tried Insanity finally. I am in super physical shape and I could not keep up the whole time!!! :noway:

I started with the one that I keep hearing is the most difficult, pure cardio. At about the 12 minute marker of the main twenty minute block of no rests I started to fall back and never came back at full energy for the remaining eight minutes. HARD!!! Next time I will take little breaks so I can come back in full force instead of just merely moving along.

Metalpalace, it's a workout. I just did it for the 3rd time. It wouldn't be so hard if someone would stop sucking all the oxygen out of the room. Somebody is playing a joke on me. I'll find them and turn the oxygen back on then Pure Cardio won't be so hard. :wink:

Seriously, you look like you're in super shape so it shouldn't take you long. Probably after a week you'll be flying thru it. I cut 1 min off my mile in 1 week of doing insanity so I'm sure you'll get fast gains also.
  • laddyboy
    Options
    Finished the second Fit Test, here are my results:
    1st 2nd
    Switch Kicks - 50 - 55 (counted 2 kicks = 1 rep)
    Power Jacks - 42 - 47
    Power Knees - 70 - 89
    Power Jumps - 27 - 30
    Globe Jumps - 8 - 9
    Suicide Jumps - 13 - 15
    Push up Jacks - 12 - 14
    Plank Obliques - 38 - 40 (counted 2 knees = 1 rep)

I actually did the fit test twice today because about halfway through the push up jacks i got a really bad bloody nose and had to stop. After waiting about 15 minutes for my nose to stop bleeding ( I was contemplating a trip to the Dr. if it didn't stop when it did) and cleaning the carpet I figured I would wait a little while and start all over again. I just used the results from the second time I did it.

Sandy - great job.

Laddy - congrats on your progress!

Dang girl...sorry about the nose bleed. Super job coming back strong and great gains on the number.

Thanks for the Congrats!
  • laddyboy
    Options

smartinez: Nice work! Improvements across the board! Do you frequently suffer from bloody noses? I think I'd pass out if it happened to me. I don't do blood very well. :sick:

Me to Sandy. I'll wear it proudly!
    You're welcome.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Played 3 games of vball last night and could feel my legs while jumping, even just from that Fit Test again! :laugh: Then took a 3 mile walk w/ my dh.

Ran 5 miles this morning, and then came home for an abbreviated version of Plyo- just did 1 round of the warm up, then stretch, then the Plyo part. Whew, I was beat after that!!!!!!!!!!!! I was starving! :drinker:

It was my 13th wedding anniversary y'day, but we are celebrating tonight (my BIL is coming to babysit so we can go to dinner and a movie! YAY! :bigsmile: )
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Finishing week 2 today, fit test tomorrow. This program is the real deal! I can see an improvement in the mirror already, really starting to lean out.

Are any of you thinking about merging Insanity with P90X as a hybrid workout after the 60 days are up?
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Just checking in real quick. Woke up almost an hour late, did Plyo Cardio Circuit, yoga, vacuumed, and now need to rush the girls to swim lessons.

Singfree: That's exactly what I'm thinking -- probably throw some one-on-one's in there too.

Jess: Happy Anniversary!! :flowerforyou:

Laddy: You make me laugh. I have the doors & windows open to keep the oxygen flowing. :wink:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Played 3 games of vball last night and could feel my legs while jumping, even just from that Fit Test again! :laugh: Then took a 3 mile walk w/ my dh.

Ran 5 miles this morning, and then came home for an abbreviated version of Plyo- just did 1 round of the warm up, then stretch, then the Plyo part. Whew, I was beat after that!!!!!!!!!!!! I was starving! :drinker:

It was my 13th wedding anniversary y'day, but we are celebrating tonight (my BIL is coming to babysit so we can go to dinner and a movie! YAY! :bigsmile: )

Wow girl are you gonna have any energy left for tonight? Sounds like a BUSY morning :indifferent: Happy belated anniversary. My and hubbie celebrated our 16th on the 17th of July. Can't believe it :tongue:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Me to Sandy. I'll wear it proudly!
    You're welcome.

I am VERY annoyed that Beachbody is only offering the t-shirt deal to the US :grumble: