Insanity?

Options

Replies

• sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I think I actually got about 8 hours of sleep last night, so I'm pretty really good right now! Workout already done, and I'm ready to go! Insanity Upper Body Weight Training & Cardio Recovery today. Obviously, I have a big issue with total rest days. :ohwell:

Laura: Way to Dig Deeper!

Laddy: Nice work!! Congrats on your run times!! And a huge congrats on no more BP meds!!! That is HUGE!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Day off for me, but I have some info about the deluxe series.
    If you didn't order the deluxe package, you can order the extra 5(?) workouts for 44.95 plus 12.95 S&H
    just contacted customer service and was given that info
    Just fyi! :happy:
    Becky
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Didn't check in yesterday, but completed Plyo Cardio Circuit then I had to to camp out with the girl scouts. Fun, Fun.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Plyo Cardio Circuit & Yoga for me this morning. And I'm smiling because I love it! :bigsmile:

Jess: Contact Coach Relations. They'll hook you up with the 3 add'l dvds. I don't blame you for not doing PCC today; the humidity takes a lot out of you. Congrats on the 3 lbs! :flowerforyou:

DUH! Now why didn't I think of that?? I need Sandy to keep me in line. :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Didn't check in yesterday, but completed Plyo Cardio Circuit then I had to to camp out with the girl scouts. Fun, Fun.

Good job! My girls are in GS also and they love it! :heart:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Wore a skirt to church this morning that was a bit snug the last time I put it on. It was loose this morning. WOOHOO! :bigsmile:

Rest day today, but will take a walk w/ the family later. It's too hot now, almost 90*!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Day off for me, but I have some info about the deluxe series.
    If you didn't order the deluxe package, you can order the extra 5(?) workouts for 44.95 plus 12.95 S&H
    just contacted customer service and was given that info
    Just fyi! :happy:
    Becky

Thanks for the info! I don't know why I didn't think to contact customer service, since I am a coach. DUH, blonde moment (and I'm not blonde! :tongue: ).
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I think I actually got about 8 hours of sleep last night, so I'm pretty really good right now! Workout already done, and I'm ready to go! Insanity Upper Body Weight Training & Cardio Recovery today. Obviously, I have a big issue with total rest days. :ohwell:

I got 9 hrs last night. I was wiped out... ran early and spent the afternoon in the hot sun at the pool w/ the girls. By 9PM last night I was about ready to fall asleep in the comfy chair. :laugh: Feeling much better today!

I know, I have rest day issues myself. :tongue:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Yipee Jess that is awesome. How many calories are you eating a day? I saw that you upped them. I have cardio resistance and cathe slow and heavy legs ahead of me still! I think we are on a big time difference I am pacific time. I want those dvds too! Have you seen the new ad for the ab workout rev abs I think it is called? Whatda think?

I've been between 1,800- 2,000 cals. I can't eat like Sandy! :laugh: Although y'day was a bit more w/ my run too. Ooh, S & H legs. Haven't done that one in ages. I got so bored w/ the S & H series. I've seen the Rev Abs... looks like another good one! :bigsmile:
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Pure Cardio finished this morning...was really not feeling it today, but I did it anyway. Of course 10 minutes in I was feeling better :happy:

Jess - had a great time camping with the girl scouts, sleeping on ground leaves something to be desired. It was unseasonably cool here on Sat. night (got down to low 50's).
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs done!! Even hotter than usual, our AC is not working! Thank goodness, my best friend's dh works for heating/ cooling... They sent someone out ASAP and are fixing it now!!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Pure Cardio, Cardio Abs, & Yoga -- all done.

Oh Jess, I don't know what I'd do without AC! You poor thing!! Of course, I could live without the HUGE electric bill we just received. :ohwell:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Pure Cardio, Cardio Abs, & Yoga -- all done.

Oh Jess, I don't know what I'd do without AC! You poor thing!! Of course, I could live without the HUGE electric bill we just received. :ohwell:

Good job, girl!!

I know, unfortunately they had to order a part so it could be 2 days til it is fixed! :huh: Of course... the last 2 days it has hit 90* so it's hot in here!

Oh well, sweating burns calories, right? :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good job, girl!!

I know, unfortunately they had to order a part so it could be 2 days til it is fixed! :huh: Of course... the last 2 days it has hit 90* so it's hot in here!

Oh well, sweating burns calories, right? :laugh:

2 days? Oof. Apparently they don't understand the urgency!

By the way, have you taken a peek at the month 2 workouts? Insanity truly strikes. The moves we're doing now in the main workout become part of the warmup. Yikes! :noway:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Hey Ya'll.

Sandy, Month 1 looks awesome. That's were the major changes are going to come. I'm almost there.
    I can't wait.

Super Job everyone. Keep up the crazy, insane workouts.
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    By the way, have you taken a peek at the month 2 workouts? Insanity truly strikes. The moves we're doing now in the main workout become part of the warmup. Yikes! :noway:

Yikes! I haven't even looked at it yet, but maybe I should:bigsmile:

I pulled something in my glute/hamstring (can't really tell yet), so I'm going to do what I can today and see if feels better or worse when I workout :grumble:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Starting week 4 today, Cardio & Abs! It's amazing how the old 'bod is responding to the killer workouts. Like Sandy, I have to do at least something on the "off" days...walking, biking, etc... I'm experiencing some mild tightness in my left calf, but was able to work through it by not pushing off so hard. It feels like cheating, but sometimes modifications are necessary. I'm looking forward to the "recovery" week.

BTW- Has anyone checked out the recovery CD? I'm curious to see what's in store for the so-called "recovery"!!! If it involves too much jumping, I may take it a bit easier by doing some walking & biking) to allow the body to repair itself before the Insanity of month 2 begins.
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    I was able to finish Power & Resistance with some modification to accomodate my sore glute/hamstring. The pain goes from my lower back to about halfway to my knee...I was doing some P90X Kenpo and after one of my back kicks I felt it. Not sure what it is, but I'm going to take some advil and hope that it doesn't get any worse. I really hate it when I can't do what I want to do :explode:

I'm open to suggestions...
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I was able to finish Power & Resistance with some modification to accomodate my sore glute/hamstring. The pain goes from my lower back to about halfway to my knee...I was doing some P90X Kenpo and after one of my back kicks I felt it. Not sure what it is, but I'm going to take some advil and hope that it doesn't get any worse. I really hate it when I can't do what I want to do :explode:

I'm open to suggestions...

Could be your sciatic nerve?? Is it a sharp pain or throbbing pain? Do you have a foam roller?? I swear by mine for any type of muscle or tendon. Hope it feels better!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, I deviated it from the Insanity plan today. I ran 5 miles and just really didn't want to do CP + Resistance. So I did Tony's One on One Just Arms. I got in my cardio and then my resistance. :laugh: