Insanity?

Options

Replies

• Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi guys still here and kicking :happy: . Getting prepared to go back to work next week YUCK! I did pure cardio and abs today and it wasn't so hard today yipee:bigsmile: ! Will do some legs later I think.

Jess you're right about Cathe's slow and heavy. BORING. Wish I didn't buy that one :mad: !!

Sandy you're scaring me about month 2!!! I have been too scared to look :frown: !

Went school supply shopping yesterday so got that crossed off my list!

Have a great day all!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi guys still here and kicking :happy: . Getting prepared to go back to work next week YUCK! I did pure cardio and abs today and it wasn't so hard today yipee:bigsmile: ! Will do some legs later I think.

Jess you're right about Cathe's slow and heavy. BORING. Wish I didn't buy that one :mad: !!

Sandy you're scaring me about month 2!!! I have been too scared to look :frown: !

Went school supply shopping yesterday so got that crossed off my list!

Have a great day all!

YAY! I did those workouts y'day. I know, major *snooze* fest. I'd much rather do her GS workouts.

I haven't looked ahead yet either... good idea! :drinker:

We are done school supply shopping too... my girls go back a week from tomorrow! :noway:
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am on my 2nd week of Insanity and all I can say is WOW! The intensity is nothing I have ever experienced in a home fitness DVD! Shaun has out done himself with this one.

Steph
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

What a day. Cardio Power & Resistance + Yoga this morning, and then it has been go go go since. Had to get the girls to swim lessons, go by my office, buy some school stuff & shoes. Our 5yo starts kindergarten tomorrow! Yikes!!

Steph: Welcome!

Jess & Laura: Way to Dig Deep!! You guys ROCK!!

Laddy: Hey!

smartinez & singfree: Have you tried yoga? I swear by it, and credit it for keeping me injury-free. You don't need a lot -- 25-30 minutes is all.

I did take a look at our 'recovery' workout for next week. It's not as crazy, but it still looks tough! :noway:
  • Sexythighz
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Sandy!:happy:

Steph
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am on my 2nd week of Insanity and all I can say is WOW! The intensity is nothing I have ever experienced in a home fitness DVD! Shaun has out done himself with this one.

Steph

Hiya Steph!! Long time no *see*. Glad you are joining in on the Insanity!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

What a day. Cardio Power & Resistance + Yoga this morning, and then it has been go go go since. Had to get the girls to swim lessons, go by my office, buy some school stuff & shoes. Our 5yo starts kindergarten tomorrow! Yikes!!

Jess & Laura: Way to Dig Deep!! You guys ROCK!!

I did take a look at our 'recovery' workout for next week. It's not as crazy, but it still looks tough! :noway:

Hey lady! Good job getting in your workouts and of course on the go w/ the kiddos! It's never ending! My girls start back to school next Wed. 5th, 3rd, and 1st grades!!

Got hit w/ a migraine this afternoon. Haven't had one in ages!! Yuck! Managed to take a 3 mile walk after dinner, my 10yo really wanted to go so I'm glad I went. Now I'm relaxing on the couch and heading to bed soon. Good news though... AC is fixed!! :bigsmile:
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was able to finish Power & Resistance with some modification to accomodate my sore glute/hamstring. The pain goes from my lower back to about halfway to my knee...I was doing some P90X Kenpo and after one of my back kicks I felt it. Not sure what it is, but I'm going to take some advil and hope that it doesn't get any worse. I really hate it when I can't do what I want to do :explode:

I'm open to suggestions...

Could be your sciatic nerve?? Is it a sharp pain or throbbing pain? Do you have a foam roller?? I swear by mine for any type of muscle or tendon. Hope it feels better!

It's a constant pain which hurts more when bend over or squat down, but it does feel a little better today so I don't think I did any major damage. What's a foam roller?

Sandy - It's funny you mention Yoga, I was just thinking how much I miss YogaX...even though I hated it when I was doing P90X. Any shorter workouts you recommend?
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Plyo Circuit done this morning...some days I feel like it's the first time I've ever done these workouts :wink: Could be that I went back to work this week after a week of vacation, so I'm back to getting up at 5 am and working out.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Sandy, I've tried yoga from time to time...I know it is good for me, but I guess I don't do it because I stink at it!!! The calf is the bigger issue than the knee. It is very tight, probably from all the plyo type moves. I am trying to stretch the calves as much as possible, because Shaun T. doesn't address that part during stretching. I will limp through the next few workouts, as next week is recovery week. I still feel as though I am getting a good workout, even with the gimpy calf!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Sandy, I've tried yoga from time to time...I know it is good for me, but I guess I don't do it because I stink at it!!! The calf is the bigger issue than the knee. It is very tight, probably from all the plyo type moves. I am trying to stretch the calves as much as possible, because Shaun T. doesn't address that part during stretching. I will limp through the next few workouts, as next week is recovery week. I still feel as though I am getting a good workout, even with the gimpy calf!!

I am the same way. I know yoga is good for me, but hard for me to do. I do stretch a lot though, I've learned the hard way!

Try this calf stretch. Stand on a set of stairs w/ the balls of your feet on the step and heels off. Drop your right heel down until you feel the stretch in your calf. Hold for 5 seconds. Pull your foot back up to level. Repeat w/ your left heel. Do about 10 sets of these. It will really help stretch your calves, I got that stretch from a PT when I was dealing w/ achilles tendonitis.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, I really had to Dig Deeper this morning! Got in Plyo Circuit. After having a migraine y'day, I still felt kind of in *migraine fog* this morning. But... once I pushed play and made it through the warm up I was feeling better. Finished feeling strong, even that darn last set of Level 1 drills!!! Soaked through the towel that I had under my hands for those pushups/ sprints/ ab jumps, etc. Glad to be done!! :drinker:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Jess, thank you for the tip...I will try it right away. When I do level1, it's like someone turned on a faucet. I sweat big time from that drill! I can do a lot of pushups, but in combination with the other stuff in level 1 drills, I'm a quivering mass of sweat & tears when it's over.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good Morning!

I'm just checking in real quick. Today is our 5yo's first day of Kindergarten, and I must say I'm a bit nervous about it now! :ohwell:

Plyo Cardio Circuit & Yoga for me this morning. I woke up late, so I had that extra adrenaline rush.

Way to Dig Deeper Jess!!

As far as yoga goes, I like Rodney Yee's AM Yoga. It has five 20-25 minute yoga practices, and can be done at any time of day. The yoga is pretty simple and basic, but still gives a great stretch. There's one practice that is called 'hip openers' -- lots of cobbler's poses that feel really good after Insanity.

There's also Tony's One-on-One Fountain of Youth yoga, which I love. And, I'm a big Shiva Rea fan too. When I have more time, I like her Surf Yoga Soul practice. It's fun and was filmed on the beach -- really beautiful scenery.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Jess, thank you for the tip...I will try it right away. When I do level1, it's like someone turned on a faucet. I sweat big time from that drill! I can do a lot of pushups, but in combination with the other stuff in level 1 drills, I'm a quivering mass of sweat & tears when it's over.

Oh my gosh!! I had a towel under my hands while doing Level 1 today and it was soaked by the time I was done!!! Yucky! But effective. :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good Morning!

I'm just checking in real quick. Today is our 5yo's first day of Kindergarten, and I must say I'm a bit nervous about it now! :ohwell:

Plyo Cardio Circuit & Yoga for me this morning. I woke up late, so I had that extra adrenaline rush.

Way to Dig Deeper Jess!!

As far as yoga goes, I like Rodney Yee's AM Yoga. It has five 20-25 minute yoga practices, and can be done at any time of day. The yoga is pretty simple and basic, but still gives a great stretch. There's one practice that is called 'hip openers' -- lots of cobbler's poses that feel really good after Insanity.

There's also Tony's One-on-One Fountain of Youth yoga, which I love. And, I'm a big Shiva Rea fan too. When I have more time, I like her Surf Yoga Soul practice. It's fun and was filmed on the beach -- really beautiful scenery.

Awwww, I hope you took lots of pics!! My youngest will be in 1st grade this year... how did that happen?? :noway:

I also like Tony's Fountain of Youth. I need to do it again (gonna have to push me, Sandy! :laugh: ).:laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Awwww, I hope you took lots of pics!! My youngest will be in 1st grade this year... how did that happen?? :noway:

I also like Tony's Fountain of Youth. I need to do it again (gonna have to push me, Sandy! :laugh: ).:laugh:

She's not much of a picture taker, but I did sneak a few. :tongue: I don't know where the time goes; seems like just yesterday she was crawling around. I feel old!! :sad:

Now, what's this I hear about not wanting to do yoga? I thought we found your inner yogi long ago!
  • Sexythighz
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Steph

Hiya Steph!! Long time no *see*. Glad you are joining in on the Insanity!! :bigsmile:

Hi Jess!

Yep I couldnt resist to give Insanity a try! I am truly enjoying the program! Hope all is well on your end! I didnt get selected for the NYC marathon so Insanity is the next best thing.

Steph
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Recovery done. I wish this workout was longer and had more deep stretching in it. I may try to fit in StretchX or the second half of YogaX this evening.

Sandy - Thanks for the Yoga suggestions.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Upper Body Weight Training & Cardio Recovery done.

Woke up late. Busy busy day ahead. AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

:noway:

I'll check in again later!