Insanity?

Options

Replies

• sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I agree with Sandy, Insanity requires a fair amount of fitness. The fat loss in P90X will also come from the very good nutrition guide. People tend to forget that a good diet is the key to fat loss. Thinksy, P90X WILL help you to get lean if you follow the program...exercise AND diet. Good luck!!!

I saw a quote the other day that goes with what you just said, "You can't out train a bad diet."

So true!!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Really wasn't feeling the workout today, perhaps it's because I only got a few hours of sleep. I pushed play anyway and really had to dig deep to get going, but I feel better now and hopefully that gives me the energy to make it through the rest of the day.

I hear ya singin' & I know the tune! :wink:

I did Core Cardio & Balance this morning, but woke up too late for FOY. :sad: I'm debating doing it later or just letting it go. My body obviously needs some sleep seeing as how I didn't even hear my alarm this morning. :yawn:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Even though this is my recovery week, I feel compelled to do a make-up workout tonight. I feel guilty if I don't do all of the workouts. Having said that, during the recovery week I am kinda doing my own thing...biking and walking--just trying to not do anything joint-jarring this week. Also, we will be away for the weekend to Boston, so only some light exercising at the hotel and walking around the city.
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Even though this is my recovery week, I feel compelled to do a make-up workout tonight. I feel guilty if I don't do all of the workouts. Having said that, during the recovery week I am kinda doing my own thing...biking and walking--just trying to not do anything joint-jarring this week. Also, we will be away for the weekend to Boston, so only some light exercising at the hotel and walking around the city.

Have fun in Boston, I love that city.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Sandy, I love that you love yoga. Wish I could. Did it take you awhile to love it?

No, it was love at first down dog. :laugh:

Actually, the first time I took a class, I couldn't believe how much I sweated. I never would have believed yoga was so tough before I actually did it.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Guess I should post here today! I ended up doing a different workout today. I just don't want to do the Cardio Core & Balance every day this week! :laugh:

I did Jillian's Shred 2 this morning. Kiddos off to school for their first day!!!

Tonight did Shoulders & Arms (one round) w/ my dh. Was able to lift heavier or more reps for everything!!! I'm seeing the huge benefits from Insanity now! :bigsmile: Then took a 3 mile walk after dinner. :wink:
  • sandy429
    Options
    I'm actually enjoying Core Cardio & Balance every day. Each day I am able to push just a little bit further, and every day's calorie burn has been higher than the day before. I also did FOY this morning.

I'm thinking I will do the next Fit Test on Sunday, rather than Monday when month 2 starts. Woo-Hoo!!
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Another day of Core Cardio & Balance done! It's strating to get a little old, but only 2 days left then we move on to month 2 (I'm a little nervous).

Sandy - great idea doing the fit test on Sunday, I was wondering how I was going to do both the workout and fit test Monday morning.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hello Insane friends! I just ordered the Deluxe DVD so I can add it in for the 2nd month. Woohoo! :bigsmile:

I went to the Y and ran 4 miles, then swam 650 yds this morning. Felt great to get back to routine w/ my kiddos back to school! :wink:
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Today I did Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs. I was actually suppose to have done that one yesterday but my achilles were sore due to an evening 8 mile run on Tuesday. So Instead of Pure Cardio on Wednesday I listened to my body and did Cardio recovery instead. That helped and today I was ready for the jumping and fast paced moves. I was digging deeeeeep! I have noticed that my anxiety levels have decreased for the program. When I first started my nerves were surely working over time. I feel much better and confident now. Insanity is not rocking me Im Rocking Insanity!

Jess- Nice job with those push ups.

Waves to everyone!

Steph
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!!!!!

Cardio Power & Resisistance, Burn Cirduit 3 done! I enjoyed my recovery drink. I feel really great and loving how my body is transforming before my eyes!

Steph
  • sandy429
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!!!!!

Cardio Power & Resisistance, Burn Cirduit 3 done! I enjoyed my recovery drink. I feel really great and loving how my body is transforming before my eyes!

Steph

Great work! I think that's my favorite part of Insanity -- being able to have the recovery drink every day! :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good Morning!

Day 33 - Core Cardio & Balance done. Only 30 more days to go!! Time flies when you're having fun!

Now I have to take my truck in to the shop -- not so much fun. :cry:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!!!!!

Steph

YAY! Good job, girl!! Gotta love the RD! :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good Morning!

Day 33 - Core Cardio & Balance done. Only 30 more days to go!! Time flies when you're having fun!

Now I have to take my truck in to the shop -- not so much fun. :cry:

WOOHOO! It is flying by!

Sorry about the truck... hope it isn't too pricey!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, down officially 4# in my first 30 days of Insanity!! Seeing big changes going on especially in the lower abs/ obliques. YAY! :drinker:

And... guess what? I signed up and I am going to get my Personal training certification!!! There is a 3 day course next week. I can't WAIT!!!!!! Kids are back to school, this will be perfect for me to have time to study in peace and quiet. :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options
    OK, down officially 4# in my first 30 days of Insanity!! Seeing big changes going on especially in the lower abs/ obliques. YAY! :drinker:

And... guess what? I signed up and I am going to get my Personal training certification!!! There is a 3 day course next week. I can't WAIT!!!!!! Kids are back to school, this will be perfect for me to have time to study in peace and quiet. :laugh:

That's great Jess!! Congrats on the 4 lbs & the peace and quiet! :flowerforyou:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Recovery week ended today with Core Cardio & Balance + FOY.

I'm thinking Fit Test & XStretch tomorrow, and I'll be ready to Dig Deeper on Monday for the start of Month 2!! :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Guess I didn't post today! Went for a 9 mile run with my buddies this morning! Felt great. Got called *skinny* by one of my buddies. She said she can tell a difference from Insanity! I'm definitely not skinny but am feeling leaner. Woohoo!! Ready to start month 2!!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Insanity Day 35 : Fit Test #3 & XStretch

I have made a 40% overall improvement from my first Fit Test! Woo-Hoo!! I can't wait for Day 63! :drinker:

Jess: Hey Skinny!! :drinker: