Insanity?

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I guess I didn't post y'day or today!!

Well... I ended up doing 2 different workouts instead of following the Insanity schedule.

But... I did an awesome 5 miles of intervals on the elliptical y'day, then did a crazy swim w/ my buddy again (swimming mixed w/ pullups/ pushups/ planks).

Then today I did a hard 6.2 mile run and then did the Insanity Weighted Upper body workout. I decided to do some weights, I just felt like it!! I LOVED it, so glad that I ordered the extra Deluxe DVD's!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Day 41 : Max Interval Plyo

That is one crazy workout! Burned 425 calories, and then did some yoga. Tomorrow is XStretch day!

Now it's time to shower and tackle mounds of laundry & housecleaning. :ohwell:

Great job, girl! Saw you in WOWY this morning! I know, I'm doing laundry and housecleaning today too! It's never ending! :huh:
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I haven't had time to check in, so busy with the kids and running all over the place :noway: I missed yesterday's max recovery because we were off to Newport, RI to see the mansions and so the cliff walk (it's a 3.5 mile walk on the cliffs overlooking the ocean) part of it's paved, but the rest of it is rough terrain over rocks and such. Anyway we ended up walking over 10 miles and it felt good. Back on schedule today with Max Plyo :tongue:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I guess I didn't post y'day or today!!

Well... I ended up doing 2 different workouts instead of following the Insanity schedule.

But... I did an awesome 5 miles of intervals on the elliptical y'day, then did a crazy swim w/ my buddy again (swimming mixed w/ pullups/ pushups/ planks).

Then today I did a hard 6.2 mile run and then did the Insanity Weighted Upper body workout. I decided to do some weights, I just felt like it!! I LOVED it, so glad that I ordered the extra Deluxe DVD's!! :bigsmile:

Nice workouts Jess! Any tri's coming up?

Isn't that Upper Body workout great? Shaun T. lifts fast, but I love it.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 42 : Rest Day

Of course, I can't completely rest. I'm off for some XStretch! :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Nice workouts Jess! Any tri's coming up?

Isn't that Upper Body workout great? Shaun T. lifts fast, but I love it.

Nope, tri season is done for the year!! Now just WAIT for next year!! :laugh: I had someone ask me the other day what I was training for and I just said... I'm training for LIFE! :drinker:

Supposedly a rest day for me too but woke up a little early and did Jillian's Shred 3. Then took a walk w/ my dd's and the dog this afternoon. :bigsmile:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Well, I decided to not do any Insanity until today. I'm going to restart month 2 afresh. My knee & calf seem to be responding well to the days off, so we'll now see if I can get through this month trouble-free.
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Completed Cardio Conditioning this morning on less than 5 hours of sleep. Needless to say it wasn't my greatest effort, but I did my best :ohwell: My shoulders are still a little tight from all those push-ups last week (love it).

Back to work today after vacation then to cheer practice with my daughter, hopefully I can get some laps in while they are practicing.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Max Cardio Conditioning here too! I love this one! Definitely not as tough as the other Max workouts, but still a great workout! :bigsmile: I'm really getting into the push-up jacks now and suicides! Woohoo! :flowerforyou:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 43! Only 20 more days to go! Woo Hoo!!

Max Cardio Conditioning, Insane Abs, & Yoga all done -- a two scoop Recovery Drink workout, for sure!

Enjoyed my shower, and now I'm ready for my Proatmeal. Yummy! :drinker:
  • amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    I'm only on day 5, I don't know if I can do it. I want to give up, but I know this would be great if I could just stick it out. I want that t-shirt, and I want to earn it.
  • sandy429
    Options
    I'm only on day 5, I don't know if I can do it. I want to give up, but I know this would be great if I could just stick it out. I want that t-shirt, and I want to earn it.

Insanity isn't being billed as the toughest workout ever put on dvd for nothing. I've done four rounds of P90X, and it still gave me a swift kick. But it's much more of a mental game. You have to believe you can do it because your brain will give out long before your body will. Good luck.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Today starts Core Cardio & Balance. This is such a nice change! I am looking forward to enjoying my recovery week to the fullest!

Steph
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Well, yesterday I re-started month 2 after allowing my knee & calf to heal. Sandy, you are quite right about this being a mental thing!! Yesterday, I was tempted to stop because I was becoming a bit fatigued. Somehow, looking at the TV and still seeing 25 minutes to go is a real mental challenge, especially in month 2 when the workouts are longer.

I've noticed that my workouts suffer when my nutrition is not sound. I ate some junk food yesterday at work, not my usual clean eating routine. My workout was kinda sluggish. A lesson well learned!
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Another night with poor sleep :grumble: Less than 4 hours just doesn't cut it, I'm not sure what's going on with that. Two nights in a row with little sleep doesn't really work for me.

Anyway, my head is pounding and I couldn't even muster up the energy to put the DVD in. So I didn't get my workout in this morning. Hopefully I'll feel better this afternoon and be able to Dig Deeper. If not , I'll skip today and make it up on Sunday.

Sandy - only 20 days left? Time flies when you're having fun :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hello Insane peeps!! I got in a good 5 mile run this morning. Got home to eat breakfast, make lunches, and got the kiddos off to school.

Now it's time to get Insane... Max Interval Circuit! :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good Morning!

Max Interval Circuit (my favorite) & Yoga done. Now it's time to shower, eat breakfast, make lunches, and get the kiddos off to school & Little Gym! :drinker:

Our 2yo starts preschool tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good Morning!

Max Interval Circuit (my favorite) & Yoga done. Now it's time to shower, eat breakfast, make lunches, and get the kiddos off to school & Little Gym! :drinker:

Our 2yo starts preschool tomorrow! :bigsmile:

Max Interval Circuit done too! Yes, I love this one!! Hope your dd does well at preschool!! :flowerforyou:

Time for lunch... my tummy is grumblin' already!! My metabolism feels like it is on FIRE!!! :devil:
  • Sexythighz
    Options
    Core Cardio & Balance done this morning! I am on a 21 day clean eating challenge on the beachbody thread! Its going well so far and helping me to stay focused.

I see that some of you are able to do add ons while doing Insanity Max series. That gives me hope. I was worried that I wouldnt be able to do any add ons at all. I'll wait to see what happens when I start the Max Circuit on Sunday!

Steph
  • Sexythighz
    Options
    Ohhh My Goodness I was extremely hungry this evening ! I came home thinking I would have a Protein Shake for dinner and that would be went out with Hubby shopping for bathroom fixtures etc. since we are in the process of renovating our home. I felt so weak. We didnt get back home until after 11:00 PM. I ran to the kitchen and toasted a multigrain bagel and warmed up a veggie patty. I Feel so much better now. I enjoyed every morsel!

I need to eat clean foods with more substance. I notice when I try to eat really lite ends up sabotaging me. After my late night meal I realized that I I ate up my allotted calories and almost all of my excercise calories. I have like 94 calories left. This is the first time I have come so close to eating up all my calories. I know one thing this wont happen to me tomorrow I plan on eating more to ensure that this crazy hunger pang doesnt sneak up on me again.

Steph