Insanity?

Options

Replies

• singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I was really tired before the Max Plyo workout. I don't know why I couldn't "bring it" yeaterday. Probably not enough nutrition to fuel the workout. I really struggled to keep up. The workout was tough, but not THAT tough. Oh well...I'm hoping for a better day today.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I was really tired before the Max Plyo workout. I don't know why I couldn't "bring it" yeaterday. Probably not enough nutrition to fuel the workout. I really struggled to keep up. The workout was tough, but not THAT tough. Oh well...I'm hoping for a better day today.

I was dragging through the Max Interval workout on Monday!! Not enough sleep or fuel for me. Plyo was pretty tough though!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Max Plyo done! That was tough especially after a long day at the beach with the kids (vacation this week). All that sun and fun really tires you out. I could use a nap right about now.

Good job getting it done! Vacation sounds fun!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good Morning!

Max Interval Plyo & YBB Pure & Simple Yoga done! I think my triceps will be sore tomorrow. I anticipated a crazy workout, so I used 2 scoops of recovery formula; it was too sweet -- back to one scoop for me. :ohwell:

I loved the workout though, and there were no crazy heart rate issues today. This was the first time I did YBB's yoga; I loved it too. It was pure & simple -- perfect. :tongue:

Just got back from Little Gym, and now I have to get my oldest to school (and ready for school pictures!). On the run again . . . .

You go girl! Glad that the heart rate was fine. I just noticed the other day that on my HRM it said at one point my HR maxed at 220?? But I don't remember seeing that *on* the HRM. Could just be a fluke but definitely keep an eye on it!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Max Cardio Conditioning done! Definitely not as tough as the other 2 workouts this week, but still a good one! It was less than 50 min so that was nice too. I got up early to get it done before the kiddos were up for school.

Now meeting a friend this morning at the Y. Just using the elliptical and chatting. Then swimming, and she gives me swimming tips! Yay! :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Max Cardio Conditioning, Insane Abs, & Yoga done! I know Insane Abs wasn't on the schedule, but I was feeling a little crazy. And crazy was right! That was tough, but I did it! :drinker:

And I must say that nothing feels better after Insanity than Cobbler's Pose. Heavenly. :love:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good Morning!

Max Interval Plyo & YBB Pure & Simple Yoga done! I think my triceps will be sore tomorrow. I anticipated a crazy workout, so I used 2 scoops of recovery formula; it was too sweet -- back to one scoop for me. :ohwell:

I loved the workout though, and there were no crazy heart rate issues today. This was the first time I did YBB's yoga; I loved it too. It was pure & simple -- perfect. :tongue:

Just got back from Little Gym, and now I have to get my oldest to school (and ready for school pictures!). On the run again . . . .

You go girl! Glad that the heart rate was fine. I just noticed the other day that on my HRM it said at one point my HR maxed at 220?? But I don't remember seeing that *on* the HRM. Could just be a fluke but definitely keep an eye on it!

I've had that happen too with my HRM. 220 with YogaX? I don't think so. But this time, I could feel my heart beating super fast. It hasn't happened again, but I'll keep an eye one it. Hubby thinks I'm on the verge of a heart attack. :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Max Cardio Conditioning done! Definitely not as tough as the other 2 workouts this week, but still a good one! It was less than 50 min so that was nice too. I got up early to get it done before the kiddos were up for school.

Now meeting a friend this morning at the Y. Just using the elliptical and chatting. Then swimming, and she gives me swimming tips! Yay! :bigsmile:

Exercising & chatting with no kids around?! I'm jealous!! :wink: :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Max Cardio Conditioning, Insane Abs, & Yoga done! I know Insane Abs wasn't on the schedule, but I was feeling a little crazy. And crazy was right! That was tough, but I did it! :drinker:

And I must say that nothing feels better after Insanity than Cobbler's Pose. Heavenly. :love:

You go, crazy girl!! Love it! :heart:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I know! It was awesome!! We did 10 min on the step machine, then 30 min on the elliptical, then did laps and mixed things up. We swam 400 yds, then did some kickboard, then we did some pullups on the side of the pool (on the diving stands), then swam, then hopped out to do pushups, swam and did chinups, then prison cell pushups, and then swam more. She loved it and so did I!! :bigsmile: We're going to do it again on Friday!
  • sandy429
    Options

I know! It was awesome!! We did 10 min on the step machine, then 30 min on the elliptical, then did laps and mixed things up. We swam 400 yds, then did some kickboard, then we did some pullups on the side of the pool (on the diving stands), then swam, then hopped out to do pushups, swam and did chinups, then prison cell pushups, and then swam more. She loved it and so did I!! :bigsmile: We're going to do it again on Friday!

You're a machine! Can you send some of that energy over this way, please! :laugh:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Sorry gang, I didn't do my Insanity workout yesterday. Our Grandson is at our house for a visit and it just did not get done. My off day is Sat, so I will just switch days this week. I hate to miss any workouts, but at leat it will have given my calf an extra day to heal. I also feel that with this intense program, my body might actually benefit from a day off more often so that I avoid some of those strains and pulls. Any thoughts? Thanks!

PS- I am reluctantly becoming a believer in the benefits of stretching & yoga. I still don't care for yoga too much (not flexible), but I'm trying!!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good morning!

Sorry gang, I didn't do my Insanity workout yesterday. Our Grandson is at our house for a visit and it just did not get done. My off day is Sat, so I will just switch days this week. I hate to miss any workouts, but at leat it will have given my calf an extra day to heal. I also feel that with this intense program, my body might actually benefit from a day off more often so that I avoid some of those strains and pulls. Any thoughts? Thanks!

PS- I am reluctantly becoming a believer in the benefits of stretching & yoga. I still don't care for yoga too much (not flexible), but I'm trying!!

I think you need to listen to your body, and if a day off of Insanity is needed then it's all good. No one expects anyone to kill themselves over this. I think Shaun T. would not be too happy with us if we kept going when we shouldn't. Rest up and you'll be better prepared. Month 2 is definitely no joke!

And don't worry, with yoga, you will become more flexible. It's the perfect practice to balance the craziness of Insanity.

I'm about to do Max Recovery + Pure & Simple Yoga. I'll be back!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

You're a machine! Can you send some of that energy over this way, please! :laugh:

I think you have enough energy, Yoga Queen! :tongue: I'm making up for my lack of energy on Monday! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    5 mile run + Max Recovery for me today!! I'm sure you loved the Max Recovery, Sandy!! Yoga moves and great stretch! :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    Options
    I did love Max Recovery! I thought my legs were going to burst into flames during those squat pulses with both heels up. My goodness that was a long set! :laugh:

I really can't wait for Max Intervals tomorrow!! How crazy am I? :drinker:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sandy,

did you see that the new one on one is patience " hummingbird" yoga? Thought of you right away :tongue: .

Laura
  • sandy429
    Options
    Sandy,

did you see that the new one on one is patience " hummingbird" yoga? Thought of you right away :tongue: .

Laura

I did see that! I can't wait! :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 40 : Max Interval Circuit & Yoga

YAY!! I just love this workout. And no crazy heart rate issues today like last time. :drinker:

I really need a shower now! :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 41 : Max Interval Plyo

That is one crazy workout! Burned 425 calories, and then did some yoga. Tomorrow is XStretch day!

Now it's time to shower and tackle mounds of laundry & housecleaning. :ohwell: