Insanity?

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    5.3 mile early run for me. Then home to get kiddos up, lunches packed, breakfast, etc. Then did Max Recovery! :bigsmile: And used my foam roller to stretch for a while. I kind of tweaked my neck/ shoulder somehow y'day (I'm wondering if the power pushups or something did it?). Had my dh massage it for me last night and used some pain cream. Feeling better today, a little tight but much better!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    5.3 mile early run for me. Then home to get kiddos up, lunches packed, breakfast, etc. Then did Max Recovery! :bigsmile: And used my foam roller to stretch for a while. I kind of tweaked my neck/ shoulder somehow y'day (I'm wondering if the power pushups or something did it?). Had my dh massage it for me last night and used some pain cream. Feeling better today, a little tight but much better!

Sounds like you are due for some pampering and a massage. You certainly deserve it!

So, what do you think of those plie squat pulse things? My legs are so happy when it's over! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Sounds like you are due for some pampering and a massage. You certainly deserve it!

So, what do you think of those plie squat pulse things? My legs are so happy when it's over! :laugh:

Thanks, Sandy! Ouch! Man, those pulses seem to go on forever! And after a 5 mile run this morning... yeah my legs were talkin' to me! :laugh:

Took a nice 3.5 mile walk w/ my dh tonight and then did Ab Ripper X. :drinker:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hi! I found you!

I'm on day 3 of Insanity. Love it!!!! Although the warm-up is a workout in itself!!! First time I've had to warm up for the warm up!!!:laugh: I do think I'll add in some extra cardio, at least in this first month. Maybe, if I'm feeling really peppy, I'll do like Jess and join dh in an occasional P90X routine.:devil:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Yay!! April is here too!!!

OK, I did Max Cardio Conditioning... then had to take a break to get my dd's up for school, lunches packed, etc. Then did Insane Abs... OUCH!!!! Yeah, that was insane all right! My lower abs and hip flexors will be sore! Especially since I did Ab Ripper X last night!

Saw you in WOWY, Sandy! Go girl!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Yay April!!

Max Cardio Conditioning, Insane Abs, + Yoga done! Jess, I saw you too between Insane Abs & Yoga, but then you were gone! :laugh: Isn't Insane Abs crazy?! Sometimes I think my hip flexors might actually start crying!

Now it's time for me to jump in the shower (most definitely need one) and get everyone out the door. I'll see you in a bit! :flowerforyou:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Hi! I found you!

I'm on day 3 of Insanity. Love it!!!! Although the warm-up is a workout in itself!!! First time I've had to warm up for the warm up!!!:laugh: I do think I'll add in some extra cardio, at least in this first month. Maybe, if I'm feeling really peppy, I'll do like Jess and join dh in an occasional P90X routine.:devil:

Yeah, the warm-up is crazy at first. But as you go through month 1, it will start to feel more like a warm-up and less like the workout. Then month 2 hits and wow! :laugh:

It's crazy but we love it!! Plus, Shaun T is easy on the eyes. :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Hey Insane Gang!

Just a quick fly-by because I need to get the kids to the dojo for BJJ.

Max Interval Sports Training + YBB Pure & Simple Yoga this morning, and day 48 is complete! I really like Max Interval Sports; I had a lot of fun! :drinker:

Make it a great day! I'll check back later.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Day 5- pure cardio. Wow!!! Dripping in sweat!!! Could not believe the suicide jumps thrown in after 15 minutes of straight cardio!!!:sad: Feels so good to be on this routine after 2 weeks off on vacation!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 5- pure cardio. Wow!!! Dripping in sweat!!! Could not believe the suicide jumps thrown in after 15 minutes of straight cardio!!!:sad: Feels so good to be on this routine after 2 weeks off on vacation!

I know! Why is it that Tony & Shaun T. feel the need to punish us? :laugh: That's how I feel about one-armed & clapping push-ups towards the end of CS&T. :noway:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 49 : Insanity Fit Test & XStretch

Once again I decided to do the Fit Test today instead of attempting it tomorrow along with Max Interval Circuit. I stayed the same on Power Jacks & Globe Jumps, but improved on everything else! Not too shabby if I do say so myself! :wink:

I'm really behind on my day job stuff, so I will be working all day today and tomorrow. Oh well. At least with the holiday, no new work will be coming in.

Make it a great day everyone!
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Day 49 : Insanity Fit Test & XStretch

Once again I decided to do the Fit Test today instead of attempting it tomorrow along with Max Interval Circuit. I stayed the same on Power Jacks & Globe Jumps, but improved on everything else! Not too shabby if I do say so myself! :wink:

I'm really behind on my day job stuff, so I will be working all day today and tomorrow. Oh well. At least with the holiday, no new work will be coming in.

Make it a great day everyone!

Awesome job, feels good doesn't it?
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I decided to follow Sandy's lead and do the fit test today instead of Monday. Here are my results compared with day 1:

Day 1 Day 50
    Switch Kicks - 50 93
    Power Jacks - 42 53
    Power Knees - 70 94
    Power Jumps - 27 36
    Globe Jumps - 8 10
    Suicide Jumps - 13 18
    Push up Jacks - 12 23
    Plank Obliques - 38 63

I had to post my stats because I was super excited with my results...huge improvement. To be honest I was starting to think this wasn't really working for me. I was seeing improvements in my endurance, but I had no idea that I had improved so much until I went back and looked at day one. Thanks to Shaun T.
    AND
    Thanks to all of you on this board, I think I may have given up around week 3 without the support :drinker:
  • sandy429
    Options
    I decided to follow Sandy's lead and do the fit test today instead of Monday. Here are my results compared with day 1:

Day 1 Day 50
    Switch Kicks - 50 93
    Power Jacks - 42 53
    Power Knees - 70 94
    Power Jumps - 27 36
    Globe Jumps - 8 10
    Suicide Jumps - 13 18
    Push up Jacks - 12 23
    Plank Obliques - 38 63

I had to post my stats because I was super excited with my results...huge improvement. To be honest I was starting to think this wasn't really working for me. I was seeing improvements in my endurance, but I had no idea that I had improved so much until I went back and looked at day one. Thanks to Shaun T.
    AND
    Thanks to all of you on this board, I think I may have given up around week 3 without the support :drinker:

You should be super excited -- look at how far you've come! And that's what Insanity is all about . . . doing your best. Did you realize that you've doubled the push-up jacks? Good job!! :drinker:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good Morning!

Max Interval Circuit & Yoga this morning. This is my favorite Insanity workout, and I had my best workout ever! I will definitely be keeping this in my next rotation (whatever it may be).

Lots of errands today. Make it a great day!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm here!! Ran 5 miles this morning and feeling great! I'll be able to do the Fit Test later after we get home (on the road for the 3 hour drive home now!). Can't believe we only have 2 weeks of insanity left, Sandy!!

Happy Labor Day!
  • mabonn
    Options
    Hey, I will be getting Insanity tomorrow. I plan on doing the fit test tomorrow night after my two girls go to bed. Then, I will get some time to do it. I'm in the Army so I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'll go insane with y'all.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey, I will be getting Insanity tomorrow. I plan on doing the fit test tomorrow night after my two girls go to bed. Then, I will get some time to do it. I'm in the Army so I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'll go insane with y'all.

Good for you!! I think you will love the program! :bigsmile: Keep us posted on how it goes for you!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    5.5 mile run so far. Fit Test to follow... just no time to get it done last night after unpacking and getting home from the busy weekend! :bigsmile:

And noticing my clothes are all getting too big!! Even my favorite Levi's shorts... baggy!!! These were a bit snug before!! :noway: Went through my fall clothes/ jeans and need to go shopping. Even the shirts feel loose!!

YAY Insanity!
  • sandy429
    Options

Welcome! :flowerforyou: