Insanity?

Options

Replies

• sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Well, yesterday I re-started month 2 after allowing my knee & calf to heal. Sandy, you are quite right about this being a mental thing!! Yesterday, I was tempted to stop because I was becoming a bit fatigued. Somehow, looking at the TV and still seeing 25 minutes to go is a real mental challenge, especially in month 2 when the workouts are longer.

I've noticed that my workouts suffer when my nutrition is not sound. I ate some junk food yesterday at work, not my usual clean eating routine. My workout was kinda sluggish. A lesson well learned!

How are the knee & calf feeling? Good, I hope! :flowerforyou:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Another night with poor sleep :grumble: Less than 4 hours just doesn't cut it, I'm not sure what's going on with that. Two nights in a row with little sleep doesn't really work for me.

Anyway, my head is pounding and I couldn't even muster up the energy to put the DVD in. So I didn't get my workout in this morning. Hopefully I'll feel better this afternoon and be able to Dig Deeper. If not , I'll skip today and make it up on Sunday.

Sandy - only 20 days left? Time flies when you're having fun :drinker:

I hope you got some more sleep. I know all too well what that's like. Take a nap if you need it!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Ohhh My Goodness I was extremely hungry this evening ! I came home thinking I would have a Protein Shake for dinner and that would be went out with Hubby shopping for bathroom fixtures etc. since we are in the process of renovating our home. I felt so weak. We didnt get back home until after 11:00 PM. I ran to the kitchen and toasted a multigrain bagel and warmed up a veggie patty. I Feel so much better now. I enjoyed every morsel!

I need to eat clean foods with more substance. I notice when I try to eat really lite ends up sabotaging me. After my late night meal I realized that I I ate up my allotted calories and almost all of my excercise calories. I have like 94 calories left. This is the first time I have come so close to eating up all my calories. I know one thing this wont happen to me tomorrow I plan on eating more to ensure that this crazy hunger pang doesnt sneak up on me again.

Steph

Yeah, with this program you definitely have to eat. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Did you figure out your nutrition intake with the guide?

Like Jess said above, our metabolisms are on FIRE! :devil:

Eat clean & often!
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Core Cardio & Balance done! Skipped Shakeology this morning and instead had egg white omelette with salad and 2 morning star sausgae patties. I feel content!

Steph!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good Morning!

Max Interval Plyo & Yoga done! I feel great!! One thing is for sure, these are not glamorous workouts -- I'm a wreck! :laugh:

Time to shower, make lunches, and get two kids off to school! Woo-Hoo! First day of preschool for our youngest. It's going to be an exciting day!
  • Sexythighz
    Options
    Ohhh My Goodness I was extremely hungry this evening ! I came home thinking I would have a Protein Shake for dinner and that would be went out with Hubby shopping for bathroom fixtures etc. since we are in the process of renovating our home. I felt so weak. We didnt get back home until after 11:00 PM. I ran to the kitchen and toasted a multigrain bagel and warmed up a veggie patty. I Feel so much better now. I enjoyed every morsel!

I need to eat clean foods with more substance. I notice when I try to eat really lite ends up sabotaging me. After my late night meal I realized that I I ate up my allotted calories and almost all of my excercise calories. I have like 94 calories left. This is the first time I have come so close to eating up all my calories. I know one thing this wont happen to me tomorrow I plan on eating more to ensure that this crazy hunger pang doesnt sneak up on me again.

Steph

Yeah, with this program you definitely have to eat. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Did you figure out your nutrition intake with the guide?

Like Jess said above, our metabolisms are on FIRE! :devil:

Eat clean & often!

I didnt use the nutrition guide! I should give it a look over and figure something out! I was trying to follow the Fat Smash Diet philosophy this week. Im doing the detox phase and OMG! I think its such a bad idea while on Insanity! Thankfully Im only doing the detox this week during recovery week. next week starts MAX phase and trust me I will be eating without a doubt. Clean healthy choices but definately consuming more than I am now.

Steph
  • Sexythighz
    Options
    Good Morning!

Max Interval Plyo & Yoga done! I feel great!! One thing is for sure, these are not glamorous workouts -- I'm a wreck! :laugh:

Time to shower, make lunches, and get two kids off to school! Woo-Hoo! First day of preschool for our youngest. It's going to be an exciting day!

Aww first day of pre school. Snap pictures! I remember those days!

Steph
  • Sexythighz
    Options
    What are your thoughts about adding bonus workouts to Insanity especially during the MAX phase! Im hearing that I shouldnt add in extra workouts and should do the work out as is! I see some of you are doing add ons to the program! I love my bonus workouts and really dont want to stop but if the MAX is as intense as everyone is saying then I guess I can ease back on bonus routines.

Feedback please!!!!

Steph
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

That's for sure!! Dripping w/ sweat, hair flying all over the place, it's not glamour shots!! :laugh:

Hope they enjoy school and you enjoy a little *quiet* time!! Woohoo! :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    What are your thoughts about adding bonus workouts to Insanity especially during the MAX phase! Im hearing that I shouldnt add in extra workouts and should do the work out as is! I see some of you are doing add ons to the program! I love my bonus workouts and really dont want to stop but if the MAX is as intense as everyone is saying then I guess I can ease back on bonus routines.

Feedback please!!!!

Steph

Well, I am still running 3 mornings a week. So y'day I ran 5 miles, then a couple hrs later did Max Intervals. My body is used to doing a lot, so it works for me. I'm also doing a little P90X w/ my dh on Mon & Wed (Chest & Back, and Shoulders & Arms, just one set of each instead of the repeats).

But... it is intense!! The Max workouts are tough, so you don't *need* to add anything on.

And as for eating, EAT!!!!!!!! I've been posting in the food & nutrition spot under the clean eating thread. I'm keeping the meals clean, but I'm taking in over more cals a day and still losing weight! I'm trying to eat bigger earlier in the day. I try not to eat at least 2 hrs before bedtime.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Max Interval Plyo done!! Love this workout! :bigsmile: Will do one round of Shoulders & Arms w/ my dh tonight.

Oh, and did I mention that my dh is down TWENTY FIVE pounds from P90X now??? :bigsmile: He saw his former boss that he hadn't seen ina while in the hallway at work the other day. He said he immediately said... wow, you've lost weight. And... you've been *hitting* the weights, haven't you?? Woohoo! :drinker: Oh yeah!
  • sandy429
    Options

I didnt use the nutrition guide! I should give it a look over and figure something out! I was trying to follow the Fat Smash Diet philosophy this week. Im doing the detox phase and OMG! I think its such a bad idea while on Insanity! Thankfully Im only doing the detox this week during recovery week. next week starts MAX phase and trust me I will be eating without a doubt. Clean healthy choices but definately consuming more than I am now.

Steph

Oh yeah, you need carbs for Insanity! The nutrition guide recommends 40 carbs / 40 protein / 20 fat. I'm on 50/30/20 because I need all the carbs I can get. I'm eating around 3000 calories a day and can't gain a pound to save my life.

Eat, eat, eat. Insanity will burn it off quick!

And as for the extra stuff, I always do yoga and I've added Insane Abs before the calendar said to, but that's it. During month 1, I added the Upper Body Weight Training, but I haven't had the time since starting month 2. I think month 2 is intense the way it is, so I'm not really feeling the need. Yoga is a must for me though! Love it!! :drinker:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good Morning!

Aww first day of pre school. Snap pictures! I remember those days!

Steph

I forgot to charge my camera! :sad:

I'll have to take pictures when I pick her up. :tongue:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Max Interval Plyo done!! Love this workout! :bigsmile: Will do one round of Shoulders & Arms w/ my dh tonight.

Oh, and did I mention that my dh is down TWENTY FIVE pounds from P90X now??? :bigsmile: He saw his former boss that he hadn't seen ina while in the hallway at work the other day. He said he immediately said... wow, you've lost weight. And... you've been *hitting* the weights, haven't you?? Woohoo! :drinker: Oh yeah!

That is so great about your dh!! It's so cool when other people notice. :drinker:
  • catmac
    Options
    I just saw the infomercial for Insanity last night for the first time and it looks great! Really really hard tho:noway: How long are the workouts? I'm getting a little bored with P90X and I would really like a shorter workout without the weights or bands to make it a little easier to workout on the road.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Hey Cat!

The workouts are broken down by months 1 and 2. Month 1 workouts are about 40-45 minutes, and there are only a few times where you add abs and that's 16 minutes. The Month 2 workouts increase to about 55 minutes, and the ab routine (called Insane Abs -- and it's so true!) is a little over 30 minutes.

I am loving it. It is one of the hardest things I have ever done, but my endurance has increased ten-fold!
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Another night with poor sleep :grumble: Less than 4 hours just doesn't cut it, I'm not sure what's going on with that. Two nights in a row with little sleep doesn't really work for me.

Anyway, my head is pounding and I couldn't even muster up the energy to put the DVD in. So I didn't get my workout in this morning. Hopefully I'll feel better this afternoon and be able to Dig Deeper. If not , I'll skip today and make it up on Sunday.

Sandy - only 20 days left? Time flies when you're having fun :drinker:

I hope you got some more sleep. I know all too well what that's like. Take a nap if you need it!

I got a little more sleep last night, but still not the full night. I wish I could take a nap, but there is just no time. Between work and carting the kids around I don't even get home until almost 8 pm most nights.

I did get my workout in this morning and it felt good!
  • sandy429
    Options
    I wish I could take a nap, but there is just no time. Between work and carting the kids around I don't even get home until almost 8 pm most nights.

I did get my workout in this morning and it felt good!

I know what you mean! Glad you got that workout in -- it's our saving grace! :flowerforyou:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 46 : Max Recovery + YBB Pure & Simple Yoga

Love this workout! I know I say that every day, but it's true! :laugh:

Now I'm off to get the kids to swim lessons, school, and the million other things I have to do today. Make it a great day everyone! I'll be back later!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I just saw the infomercial for Insanity last night for the first time and it looks great! Really really hard tho:noway: How long are the workouts? I'm getting a little bored with P90X and I would really like a shorter workout without the weights or bands to make it a little easier to workout on the road.

Sandy gave you the low-down. It's amazing!!! I had done 5 rounds of P90X, then ChaLean, and needed a change. This is it!!! Love it! :heart: