Insanity?

Options

Replies

• singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

We were in Boston all weekend, so not too much exercise going on- except for walking and a bit of strength training at the hotel fitness room. I fininshed my recovery week and am ready to start month 2 tonight. Has anyone started month 2 yet? What is it like?

The recovery week was a Godsend, as it allowed my knee & calf to heal a bit before the final push. I really believe that this program delivers the goods if you keep pushing yourself to keep up with Shaun & the gang and never quit.

Sandy & Jess, thanks for the posts & encouragement. Let's kick some butt this month!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    hi everyone :smile:

I did max recovery today after three INSANE workouts. Wow is all I can say. I haven't been doing anything extra except walking because getting used to these is a bit tough :laugh: . Maybe next week. So far I would say that max interval plyo is the hardest for me but that could change weekly depending on how my body feels.

Okay ladies and gents I have hit rock bottom :mad: ! Everytime I start a new program I have good intentions to follow the diet to the letter, the workouts etc and then I fall completely apart! So yesterday I ate completely clean and dug out all of my clean eating mags. I have decided to start making different and exciting things to keep me motivated. Yesterday was clean jambalaya for dinner and for lunch WW penne, aparagus, low fat ricotta and salmon for lunch (in the new oxygen)! Delish! My b-day is Sept 10 and I am determined to stay on track to look smokin for my b-day!

Wish me luck and GOOD LUCK on your new workouts this week!

Laura
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Insanity Day 35 : Fit Test #3 & XStretch

I have made a 40% overall improvement from my first Fit Test! Woo-Hoo!! I can't wait for Day 63! :drinker:

Jess: Hey Skinny!! :drinker:

Good job, Sandy!! I wish I had done the Fit Test y'day!! It was tough to do Max Interval Cardio right after it! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, I slept terribly last night. Maybe 5 hrs of broken sleep? Too much coffee y'day afternoon w/ family, I think!!

Got up early and met a friend for a 3 mile power walk. She's wanting to get back into shape and doing some running eventually so we are just starting w/ walking.

Then after getting the kids to school I tackled the Fit Test #3 and Max Interval Cardio. Oh, wow!! That was tough back to back, especially after lack of sleep and the early walk too!! I drank 1 scoop of recovery drink about halfway through Max.

I was soooo glad to be done!! Side suicides and Total Body drills ... oh my!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I did max recovery today after three INSANE workouts. Wow is all I can say. I haven't been doing anything extra except walking because getting used to these is a bit tough :laugh: . Maybe next week. So far I would say that max interval plyo is the hardest for me but that could change weekly depending on how my body feels.

Okay ladies and gents I have hit rock bottom :mad: ! Everytime I start a new program I have good intentions to follow the diet to the letter, the workouts etc and then I fall completely apart! So yesterday I ate completely clean and dug out all of my clean eating mags. I have decided to start making different and exciting things to keep me motivated. Yesterday was clean jambalaya for dinner and for lunch WW penne, aparagus, low fat ricotta and salmon for lunch (in the new oxygen)! Delish! My b-day is Sept 10 and I am determined to stay on track to look smokin for my b-day!

Laura

Stick with it, Laura!! I started a Clean eating thread in the food & nutrition boards if you want to join in there!!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    The recovery week was a Godsend, as it allowed my knee & calf to heal a bit before the final push. I really believe that this program delivers the goods if you keep pushing yourself to keep up with Shaun & the gang and never quit.

Sandy & Jess, thanks for the posts & encouragement. Let's kick some butt this month!

AMEN!!
  • sandy429
    Options

Laura

You can do it Laura! We're right here for you.
  • sandy429
    Options
    OK, I slept terribly last night. Maybe 5 hrs of broken sleep? Too much coffee y'day afternoon w/ family, I think!!

Got up early and met a friend for a 3 mile power walk. She's wanting to get back into shape and doing some running eventually so we are just starting w/ walking.

Then after getting the kids to school I tackled the Fit Test #3 and Max Interval Cardio. Oh, wow!! That was tough back to back, especially after lack of sleep and the early walk too!! I drank 1 scoop of recovery drink about halfway through Max.

I was soooo glad to be done!! Side suicides and Total Body drills ... oh my!

Great work Jess! Yeah, I knew when I previewed Max Intervals that there was no way I could do the Fit Test on top of it. Plus, since I always do some yoga too, that would make for a very long workout! :laugh:

Try to take a nap before the kids come home!
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good Morning My Insane Friends!

Okay, so today I did Max Interval Cardio & 30 minutes of Yoga. The yoga was very much appreciated after that workout. I actually had a lot of fun with Max Intervals though. I really got into the football shuffle/one-arm jacks. They were a blast! :laugh:

One weird thing did happen. During the 2nd set of the last circuit (side suicides, full-body drills, etc), my heart rate jumped up really high to 223 and stayed there for the set. I slowed way down (didn't stop moving, just slowed down), and by the end of the 30-sec rest I was back in the 140s and was able to push hard for the last set. I felt fine other than my heart beating out of my chest. My breathing was fine, and I didn't feel faint. Weird. I don't know what to make of it. This has only happened one other time; it was during spinning a couple of months ago.

Hmmmm . . . .
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Thanks Laura.
    I have been doing P90X but it isn't quiet the fat burner I need. I would say it is more for someone who already is lean and wants to tone and I am trying to get lean.

I will look into getting Insanity.

Then you are doing it wrong. I lost about 30 lbs doing P90X and got very lean.

What program are you doing?
  • singfree
    Options
    Sandy, once in a great while my HRM will show an off the charts number that I know is not likely. I know my body pretty well, and can be quite sure the number on the HRM was not correct. What does your HR peak at during regular heavy exertion? At my age (55), I am sucking wind big time at 185 BPM. On the rare occasion the HRM indicates something really high, I just think about how hard I am exerting myself (perceived exertion) at the time and guesstimate the HR.
  • sandy429
    Options
    Sandy, once in a great while my HRM will show an off the charts number that I know is not likely. I know my body pretty well, and can be quite sure the number on the HRM was not correct. What does your HR peak at during regular heavy exertion? At my age (55), I am sucking wind big time at 185 BPM. On the rare occasion the HRM indicates something really high, I just think about how hard I am exerting myself (perceived exertion) at the time and guesstimate the HR.

I've had that happen with my HRM too, like during yoga when I know my heart rate is not that high. But today, I could feel my heart beating very fast. Normally I'm about 175-178, and I know this time it was higher. I'm not doubting the 223 reading this time. I just think it's weird that my heart started beating so fast.
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fit test #3 done...improvements across the board :happy:

I certainly was not prepared for the workout that followed :noway: I pushed through it, but by the end I was lying in pool of my own sweat cursing Shaun T. I wish I had done the Fit Test on Sunday like Sandy.

Jess - side suicides and full body drills oh my!!! I really did enjoy the workout I just wish it didn't follow the fit test.
  • smartinez06360
    Options

I have made a 40% overall improvement from my first Fit Test! Woo-Hoo!! I can't wait for Day 63! :drinker:

Great Job! 40% improvement is awesome.
  • sandy429
    Options

Great Job! 40% improvement is awesome.

Thanks! And right back atcha! I know you had to Dig Deeper for Max Intervals after the Fit Test! Way to go!! :drinker:
  • singfree
    Options
    Fit test 3 and Max Cardio finished! It was tough...I mildly strained the OTHER calf during the fit test warmup. Over the years I've learned to modify and compensate for injuries so I don't have to stop completely. Of course, I couldn't push as hard as I would have liked but I was able to get through both workouts ok.

I was really sweating after the fit test, which I was able to improve upon from the last test. It was tough pushing play on the Max Cardio and seeing about 1 hour on the timer!! Those rotations were pretty tough, but I was able to get through them. This is where the Insanity come in folks! Keep pushing yourself to keep up with Shaun and great things will happen this month. I'm a believer in this system!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Fit test 3 and Max Cardio finished! It was tough...I mildly strained the OTHER calf during the fit test warmup. Over the years I've learned to modify and compensate for injuries so I don't have to stop completely. Of course, I couldn't push as hard as I would have liked but I was able to get through both workouts ok.

I was really sweating after the fit test, which I was able to improve upon from the last test. It was tough pushing play on the Max Cardio and seeing about 1 hour on the timer!! Those rotations were pretty tough, but I was able to get through them. This is where the Insanity come in folks! Keep pushing yourself to keep up with Shaun and great things will happen this month. I'm a believer in this system!

Sorry about the calf!! I know, I'm a believer too!!! I can't believe the changes in my quads and abs from a month of Insanity! And I've been running and biking all summer! :noway:

That was tough doing the Fit Test and Max Cardio back to back!! Almost an hour and a half of getting Insane!!

Time for me to Dig Deeper and do Max Plyo!!!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Done!! Another tough workout, but much better after a good night's rest for me and a banana about 30 min before. :bigsmile: I can't even remember all of the moves that was in it, but he threw in some new ones (oh, side pushups, power pushups, and all kinds of twists on other moves!).

Dripping with sweat, time for a shower! :drinker:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Good Morning!

Max Interval Plyo & YBB Pure & Simple Yoga done! I think my triceps will be sore tomorrow. I anticipated a crazy workout, so I used 2 scoops of recovery formula; it was too sweet -- back to one scoop for me. :ohwell:

I loved the workout though, and there were no crazy heart rate issues today. This was the first time I did YBB's yoga; I loved it too. It was pure & simple -- perfect. :tongue:

Just got back from Little Gym, and now I have to get my oldest to school (and ready for school pictures!). On the run again . . . .
  • smartinez06360
    Options
    Max Plyo done! That was tough especially after a long day at the beach with the kids (vacation this week). All that sun and fun really tires you out. I could use a nap right about now.