When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options

Replies

• hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Initially I'm like EEK and startled but then I usually smile ;)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I honestly dont give a *kitten* if someone yells at me while running or not, reguardless of whether it was good or bad. That's not what i'm out there for, besides I am wearing headphones and am in "the zone" so I wouldn't notice anyway.

NOT NOW BRO I'M IN THE ZONE!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    There seems to be a new fashion where I live of honking your horn and waving to random strangers. I had this twice whilst walking to the gym then once again on the way home! Scares the living bejebus out of me

I don't see it as a compliment, more that if there is a slight bit of flesh on show then males feel obliged to beep
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm raising my two boys (ages 14 and 9) to NOT treat woman as objects and that if they want to pay a lady a compliment, they should find another way besides whistling or wagging their tongues or making obscene gesters or pelvic thrusts at them.

"We whistle at dogs...not ladies."

I am far from a prude, but come on, fellas...would you want someone doing that to your daughter? :indifferent:

Love this post! :)
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Call me trashy, but I would probably feel a little flattered.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Depends on who is doing it. The hotter they are, the better I feel.

I just don't love when they pull over and try to strike up conversation, I think that's a bit creepy.
  • Silveree36
    Silveree36 Posts: 4
    Options
    I would love it to be honest , even though I would be blushing . It's not happened for years !!!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I know they're not flirting with me, I know they're making fun of me.
    I rode my bike yesterday and today. Yesterday a group of guys gave me the "Heyyyyy baby" as they're giggling and laughing. And today someone yelled something at me. Don't remember what it was because I don't care. I think it's really freakin' juvenile. Seriously, you've never seen a fatty on a bike before?!

Browse for this topic "Hey Fat *kitten*, Get on the Sidewalk" and read my story about how a group of clowns yelled some stuff at me.

That's really sad. And totally immature. But I had a couple early 20-somethings drive by me and yell, "HOLY ****, YOU HAVE A HUGE FOREHEAD!" I've always been super insecure about my forehead and it totally killed my day, went home crying.

Yes it's sad. Sad for them. Sad that their life is so darn pathetic that they have to yell stupid crap to someone who is obviously overweight, yet doing something extremely physically active.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Usually flattering....it's nice to know your hard work is making you noticeable in a good way, not that I enjoy being yelled at...but I'm with the others, I usually ignore but on the inside I'm like heck yes!

:)
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    When I began losing weight one day I was walking down the street and a couple girls drove by honking the horn and whistling at me, I got the biggest grin and decided that it was an affirmation that I had improved. Afterward whenever I thought about it I simply smiled:)
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I personally have never understood men cat calling at women. I just wonder, has it ever worked? Has a women responded saying "oh yeah,I want you! Yeah, you with the big mustard stain on your shirt"
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Haha my friends and I were out clubbing and we caught a late showing of "The Lucky One" and while waiting for the light to turn green (we were walking) this car full of guys pulled up and the shotgun rolled down the window and said "hey ladies" in this smooth voice. We were all so drunk like 5 of us at the same time were like "haaaaaayyy" ha ha. I guess it just depends on the situation. Now if I were by myself and a truck full of obnoxious guys in broad daylight honked and shouted out the window at me, I'd be completely turned off and unflattered.

OMG that was me!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Depends on what they're saying, and the situation. If I'm just walking and someone honks, it doesn't bother me, but this afternoon when my truck died and I had to walk home, I was pretty irritated and if someone had done it at that point, I would have cussed them out.
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it. Happens quite often, actually. Awesome every time!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :smokin: <--- that’s how I feel. It’s flattering.... but if they are a nasty creeper I’m more like this --> :huh: :sick:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    It makes me roll my eyes.
    agreed..its usually ugly guys anyways :wink: :laugh: :glasses:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed how many women find street harrassment 'flattering'.

How low does your self-esteem have to be to find random men shouting about your body parts 'flattering'?
  • mamnboston
    mamnboston Posts: 81
    Options
    i feel awesome and i show them my boobs.

HAHAAAAAAAAAAA, too funny and brazen!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I had a guy bark at me I guess he thought I looked like a dog
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think when guys do this they are merely reacting to female hypergamy. Hence the reason it might be done in a moving vehicle. They see no point in complimenting you to your face.