When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options

Replies

• DeniseSwift
    DeniseSwift Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All us guys can relate, it's unacceptable, and inappropriate, women should have better behavior than that.
    Har har har har har!!!! :bigsmile:
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a time/area where during the summers, you'd cruise the boulevard to find potential bf/gf...yes, drive up and down the street and check out the people walking on the sidewalk, if you saw somebody interesting, you'd yell out 'hey what's up?" (driving pretty slow so you'd actually see each other), if there was an interest, you'd pull over and say 'hi' to them and talk. I was invited to several random parties this way.

When it happens now, I am flattered if the person is attractive, and disgusted if the person is not attractive. If they aren't attractive I usually yell out something silly, "you trying to hit on the lamppost? Look! it's turned on!" and point at the lit bulb.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    It used to happen to me... 15/20 years ago!

It happened to a girl i know, slim attractive blonde. unfortunately a few days earlier she had knocked her front tooth out, a crown I think, so she took great pleasure in giving them a lovely wide toothless grin!

bahahahahahahaha! Too funny!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it and I usually laugh and wave. Makes an old gal feel good lol!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine had a worky shout to her "come here doll Ill give you your lunch" (while grabbing his ummm bits)

she shouted back "theres not enough meat in that lunch box" !!!!!.....
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed how many women find street harrassment 'flattering'.

How low does your self-esteem have to be to find random men shouting about your body parts 'flattering'?

Your self-esteem doesn't have to be low at all!! Hell yea I think it's flattering that MY body that i have worked so hard on is getting attention by random strangers. It’s a good feeling to get hit on unless they are total creeps. But if they are sexy I love the self esteem booster. Hey baby! :wink:
    BTW my self-esteem is nowhere close to low.
  • bumblebee007
    bumblebee007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm very much in favour of people offering compliments, maybe if we heard them more often then we'd all be a little bit happier for the day.

...However yelling out of a car and honking at you is pretty rude, and unnerving at times especially if you're on your own. Other posts have mentioned feeling like they might have been pulled in to the car, and TBH yelling and honking is a pretty aggressive way of showing so called 'appreciation of your assets'.

I have been lucky enough to be complimented in the street (after crazy amounts of primping and preening for a party), and the chap wasn't being threatening or leering so I felt happy that my efforts had been recognised! We need more people like that in the world :-)
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    I absolutely despise it. I don't find it at all flattering, I think it's obnoxious and I hate the idea that just because I'm walking down the street, I'm open to be yelled at :/

Exactly!
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Depends.

The obviously crude, cat-calling/honking... You can sense when someone is being a creeper. I absolutely dislike and find annoying.

When someone is being genuinely appreciative. I'm flattered, but still really uncomfortable.

Just not something I'll ever get used to I guess. >_>
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Do you know anyone who has met their husband because he cat called at her in a passing by car?? LOL
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine had a worky shout to her "come here doll Ill give you your lunch" (while grabbing his ummm bits)

she shouted back "theres not enough meat in that lunch box" !!!!!.....

EWWW!!! :sick:
    Great response from your friend! Haha :laugh:
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I use to get it all the time when I was a teen and young adult. Then I was over weight and it stopped of course. Then losing weight, and it started up again, but just sometimes, it's not constant. So it's kinda nice now.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I had a creepy guy whistle the other day as I was walking. Mind you, I was pushing my son in his stroller and my daughter was riding her bike with us. That ***t is the most ridiculous esp when you have your kids with you
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have to laugh at all these young, indignant 20-somethings who find it so offensive. Enjoy it while you got it b/c in another 20 years, you will look back and mourn for the day when you could turn a head or two.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Do you know anyone who has met their husband because he cat called at her in a passing by car?? LOL

i met mine by cat call him in his front yard me walking down first street.
    not that unusual in the beaches area at all!!
  • Asiral
    Asiral Posts: 133
    Options
    I have had this happen a few times. I am not like most girls, and I think that is the trashiest thing to do. For one, do these guys think they are gonna get a girl by yelling, and two, they need to get checked for some diseases IF they do get a girl that way. Its so disrespectful and embarrassing. With that being said, I usually flip them off.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    If the guy is cute... Shooot ill yell at him to come back. Lol.

Ive ignored it before.
    Laughed at the obsurd things that some of them said.
    Have had guys yelll and then turn around and stop to talk to me.

Depending on the guy and the car hes driving... Lol.

It either makes me laugh or i just ignore it.
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It's really annoying and embarrassing. I usually try to pretend like I didn't hear them.
    This.
    Especially if it's overtly sexual... Ugh.
    If they were to ever yell out nice complements, then that'd be okay. But they never do.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    It's really annoying and embarrassing. I usually try to pretend like I didn't hear them.

I really don't like it.. they are always old and creepy and that's just gross
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious how many women think it's ok to behave like an idiot if you're hot enough to pull it off, but if you aren't...you're just a jerk lol.