When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options

Replies

• nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Most of the time i have just laughed and rolled my eyes. One time these guys got me on a bad day and i gave them the bird and told them to go f- themselves, lol. My mother who was with me was in pure shock. Whateves
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    a guy barked at me once - i took offense to that.

however, if they are all "hey girl" or "how you doin?" then i am flattered ;)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Shouting and catcalls are icky. But when I am running, I kind of enjoy the random honk of the horn. I like to think they are saying "Way to go" and not "Nice *kitten*".
  • ashlysnd
    ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It is extremely bad manners, but I'm an insecure fat girl and believing for a second that someone thinks I'm attractive makes me feel awesome. Not that I'd ever admit that in public.

Agree! :drinker:
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I hate it when that happens
  • DeniseSwift
    DeniseSwift Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    As long as it's not mean stuff...who cares? I hoot at hot men! I do. Especially long haired men. Rare these days.
    Just sometimes, tho. Construction workers, guys working in the hot sun having a crappy day...they love it. I only
    do it to boost their egos. Cheer 'em up. As far as us 'goils' are concerned....lighten up, yeah? No big deal. Just sayin'...
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If this was done to you, how would you feel?

I've heard countless people say it's trashy to enjoy that kind of thing, and not that it's ever happened to ME personally, but hell, I'd be flattered.

makes me feel kinda funny .. like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.

/Garth
  • verbalriot
    verbalriot Posts: 90
    Options
    I don't find it flattering. Do they really think I'll run up to their car and jump in? C'mon dudes.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Makes me want to slash their tires.
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just ignore it. I think men do it because they can say something really fast then vanish before they get their a** kicked. :laugh:

I think getting whistled at is sort of flattering though. I don't like the random yelling. That's a little creepy.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I usually ignore it.. But I am flattered
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    It's silly behavior..and quite annoying :explode:
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    If this was done to you, how would you feel?

I've heard countless people say it's trashy to enjoy that kind of thing, and not that it's ever happened to ME personally, but hell, I'd be flattered.

Flattered, I know I'm sexy and who cares what they yell...I just ignore them and smile to myself
  • MajaRie
    MajaRie Posts: 6
    Options
    It makes me feel dirty lol
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    My feelings or reactions are usually:

:wink: I wave back and smile
    :huh: I roll my eyes and think "get a life"
    :blushing: I am completely embarrassed, look straight ahead and ignore them
    :noway: It scares the hell out of me to hear a loud honk or yell so close to me and it makes me jump like 3 feet off the ground. Damn people...
    :glasses: Am flattered and strut (No, I dont really) LOL
    :sick: Think they are stalkers and then wonder how many times they have driven by me and think "If someone stops, grab the first branch or rock you and start swinging girl" lmao...maybe I'm paranoid roflmao

Mind you, I have been walking off and on for 3 years now and it doesn't happen that often. People wave all the time but I'm in a small town so w/e haha
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    One time I was walking with an armload of stuff on campus, and I had to reach into my back pocket to get my wallet (I don't like to carry a purse) so I could get out my key card to get into my dorm. The wallet was in my right pocket, but I had to reach for it with my left hand, which was kinda awkward. A group of guys drove by and saw me, and one screamed, "I HAVE A WEDGIE!" I didn't like that so much, because a) that's embarrassing and b) I didn't have a wedgie, I was getting my wallet.

Otherwise, nobody's ever yelled out a car window at me. So... yeah.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've had it happen maybe 2 or 3 times (my bus stop was next to a motor way, mainly white van men yelling), I always feel embarrassed and cringey.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Didn't you know, it's customary to flash when this is done?
  • Calliesmom1
    Calliesmom1 Posts: 78
    Options
    Am i the only person this never happens to??? :( And i thought i was moderatly pretty. Very dissapointed.
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Options
    It used to happen to me... 15/20 years ago!

It happened to a girl i know, slim attractive blonde. unfortunately a few days earlier she had knocked her front tooth out, a crown I think, so she took great pleasure in giving them a lovely wide toothless grin!