When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I've cat-called guys before...

does that make me sexist? :huh:
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    Is this some kind of American custom? I can honestly state that this is not something that is done in Canada.

(and no, I don't mean just not at me, I mean at any woman...even the ones dressed like they are in a music video with Kanye)
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options

In this context, yes, it would.
  • Jaidee1979
    Jaidee1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It's really annoying and embarrassing. I usually try to pretend like I didn't hear them.

^^ This.

Just the other day while on my evening walk, I got complimented by a jogger. He said he was starting to notice a difference in my weight and size and said for me to keep it up. Then just 20 minutes later some douche bag drove by me honking his horn and whistling. I wanted to give him the middle finger.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

In this context, yes, it would.

Hmm...I'm not bothered. But there are few things that bother me.

If more people would concern themselves with issues inside their sphere of influence, I'm sure they would be happier. :tongue:
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Is this some kind of American custom? I can honestly state that this is not something that is done in Canada.

(and no, I don't mean just not at me, I mean at any woman...even the ones dressed like they are in a music video with Kanye)

Depends on where you live. I'm Canadian and it happens to me if I'm ever walking on a sidewalk in an urban area.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have never seen this happen in my entire life. I think it's just something that happens in the movies.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    At whoever said this isn't done in Canada .. it's happened to me before. I got cat calls when I was walking downtown from the bus station to the bar in downtown Kelowna from a car full of guys in their mid-20s. And my old best friend ALWAYS does it when he drives by me when I'm running and usually I come home to some sort of humorous, slightly lewd text but I'm used to it from him. :P I find it flattering personally though, but I try not to react to it. :laugh:
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Equal rights/opportunity?
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

I have no problem being objectified. I'm not MARRYING these guys, so why do I care how they act? I objectify right back. :tongue:
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    This is soo funny. I just got honked while I was crossing the street like 30 mins ago! I was flattered but I don't usually look to see who it was I just ignore it and swing my hips a little extra. HEHEHEHE

Geez ladies relax. This was just supposed to be a forum with different opinions on how they deal with it not a debate. Have some low cal wine.:drinker:
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    somebody honks the horn or yells out the window of their car every time i go for a run. women/men i get it all, and yes it does make me feel like a hottie =)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    OMG PEOPLE ARE TOO SERIOUS
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I have never seen this happen in my entire life. I think it's just something that happens in the movies.

Come visit nyc and walk near any pretty girl.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    OMG PEOPLE ARE TOO SERIOUS

*honk honk* WOOOOOOOO
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options

I have no problem being objectified. I'm not MARRYING these guys, so why do I care how they act? I objectify right back. :tongue:

Yeah - I wonder if cat-callers still do it after they get married. lol

There is only one man I have ever cat-called at in my life. My husband - he knows when I *RAWR* at him it's go time. Hehe.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

Come visit nyc and walk near any pretty girl.

LOL yea come to nyc and follow a random pretty girl around...creeper :laugh:
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    It makes me feel very conflicted, haha. Part of me thinks it's annoying and kind of gross, but the other part of me (my inner attention hog) is always flattered. I'm 50/50 on this one.

This.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I can't help it, I think its funny, and it indulges my wild side to wave and flirt back. My bad.
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    I've been lucky enough top avoid the honking and the yelling, but I've seen a couple of double takes and had a few guys look and then smile. That makes ya feel good, I guess. I'd probably jump a mile and piss myself if someone honked!