When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options

Replies

• ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I just makes me feel cheap. What am I? A piece of meat? Sometimes I want to be appreciated for something besides my body. Just hold me.

Aw *HUGS*
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ever go out with a guy who did that, but I can't say I don't appreciate the attention.

It annoys when I'm out for my walks/jogs, though, because it always startles me! And, well, I'm far from my most attractive so I don't get it.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I just feel it's very uneducated and ignorant. I actually feel embarrassed for them. :-)
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options

LOL so funny

I find it flattering. I'm alright with it as long as they don't suddenly stop their car in front of me!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    It only happens to me when I wear my "honk if you've ever seen a gun fired from the back of a bike" hoodie!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I tend to ignore honks, stares, yells, "how YOU doin?'s" and the like. Just don't touch me. I hate when a random strange guy grabs my booty. It happened last October when I was ridiculously pregnant. I was working one of my husband's events and some dude grabbed a handful as he walked past. Then some other dude ran up and was laughing and was like, "That guy just grabbed your butt!" - like I didn't know it happened. *facepalm* Hubs was ten kinds of ticked off when I told him. Luckily for the dude, he had gotten lost in the crowd or I think hubs would have leveled him right on the spot.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Depends on what they are saying if the guys were whistling at me I'd smile really big and turn bright red from embarrassment
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Funny how people blow things out of proportion. No wonder the world is a big pile of *kitten* anymore. Everyone has to overanalyze and criticise every freaking thing until is stupid, and then it actually is stupid because no one cares anymore about any freaking thing because they are over confused about what is really is.

What does it mean? Really? REALLY? WOW! Rape? Really?

G e t a l i f e.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    It's an attack on your worth as a human being, and if they yell out of the car at you, all you are is a piece of meat that they feel they can judge.

It's degrading, deplorable, and honestly, whenever I get cat-called at, I flip them the bird. They quickly change their tune to "YOU B*TCH/S*UT/W*ORE!" or whatever their feeble little minds can come up with.

It's also called "rape culture." But if I start in on this, I'll be here for hours.

This.

It makes me feel worried, then paranoid, upset and really unsafe and then angry. And I'll think about if for the rest of the day. If I'm walking about on my own I'll always put earphones in so I don't have to hear it, unless there aren't many people about.

Wait...seriously? You get all that from a stupid cat call? Unsafe? Because you got honked at or whatever?

Sure, it's dumb, I've gotten a "Say girl lemme holla at you" from a car window before, ignored it, that was that. When I was younger and single, if my girlfriends and I saw a shirtless guy running on the side of the road we'd honk at him and yell "hey baby!!" just to be silly. Not really that big of a deal...the things people choose to get all upset over...goodness gracious...
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i live in the bad part of a big city, im a little white girl.
    its happened and it freakes me the f out.
    i get off work one night at 11pm and like 4 men drove up to me on the sidewalk (i have to walk 2 miles home) and tried to persuade me to come with them to a party. i forgot my pepper spray i usually bring with me because i didnt have my car keys that its attached to. i almost pissed my pants i was so scared, they wouldnt take no for an answer and just kept saying 'common baby you look like you know how to have a good time" and i ended up saying that my fiance was comming to pick me up and was gonna kick there *kitten* if they didnt leave me alone and they ended up asking for money so i just threw it at them and sat behind a bush crying untill my boyfriend showed up 5 mins later to get me. i doubt they even cared how i felt about it. mind you i used to live in the country, and i had just moved to the city two months before.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Depends on how it's done.

If its a whistle with a smile and someone giving me the thumbs up. I usually smile back and go on with my day.

If's it's some obnoxious yelling, with creepy kissing sound affects and the person is looking at me like they have x-ray vision while licking their lips.. I try to pretend I didn't hear or see them and keep on my way.

I find the latter annoying and wonder if that approach has ever worked, which I highly doubt it has.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I take it as a compliment, but ignore it. Hell--I worked hard for this bod--let them appreciate it!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    if this were to ever happen to me it would scare the living piss out of me.

the only thing i've ever had yelled at me from a moving car was

"damn that's a big dog, Red!"
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Its always made me blush, or feel flattered.

Except once it happened when I was walking with my son. That pissed me off!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    i live in the bad part of a big city, im a little white girl.
    its happened and it freakes me the f out.
    i get off work one night at 11pm and like 4 men drove up to me on the sidewalk (i have to walk 2 miles home) and tried to persuade me to come with them to a party. i forgot my pepper spray i usually bring with me because i didnt have my car keys that its attached to. i almost pissed my pants i was so scared, they wouldnt take no for an answer and just kept saying 'common baby you look like you know how to have a good time" and i ended up saying that my fiance was comming to pick me up and was gonna kick there *kitten* if they didnt leave me alone and they ended up asking for money so i just threw it at them and sat behind a bush crying untill my boyfriend showed up 5 mins later to get me. i doubt they even cared how i felt about it. mind you i used to live in the country, and i had just moved to the city two months before.

That's different. That's not a cat call drive by. That's stopping and enticing you to get in the car. Totally different.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I just say thanks and move on, but if it really is guys, then I wonder what the heck I'm doing in boys town to begin with \m/
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    When guys are yelling, whistling and honking their horn at me I get extremely embarrassed. I actually really hate it.

If I am with a group of friends it is a bit better.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options

It's an attack on your worth as a human being, and if they yell out of the car at you, all you are is a piece of meat that they feel they can judge.

It's degrading, deplorable, and honestly, whenever I get cat-called at, I flip them the bird. They quickly change their tune to "YOU B*TCH/S*UT/W*ORE!" or whatever their feeble little minds can come up with.

It's also called "rape culture." But if I start in on this, I'll be here for hours.

I'm guessing it's more about you flipping them the bird that gets you called those names and less about them feeling the need to overpower you by raping you. If you don't like it, ignore it. But, doing something insulting is going to always bring you MORE negative attention. That's not rape culture, that's just reality.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

This.

It makes me feel worried, then paranoid, upset and really unsafe and then angry. And I'll think about if for the rest of the day. If I'm walking about on my own I'll always put earphones in so I don't have to hear it, unless there aren't many people about.

I've been getting catcalled since I was 12 years old (I was a C cup in 4th grade, so ...) and I have never been raped. And the one time that I came closer than I care to think about, it was not a man who would ever catcall anyone. Sadly, he was a teacher (not mine).
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Depends what they're yelling. :wink:

^^^^^^^^Definitely agree with that....:smile: