When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options

Replies

• Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Lol, I usually just take it as a compliment.. unless they're old :embarassed: :sick: .. I once had a young guy stop at a busy green light to let me cross, and then he realized what he did, hahah - gotta say it did feel a little nice :tongue:
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like it. But I also know they're not high quality specimen doing it.. lol At least in my case. Once I got a very loud "Nice *kitten*!" while walking. Another time a guy (a pretty good specimen) completely changed routes and turned around to talk to me. I blew him off a little at first and he kept driving alongside me. I still beam at the memory of that moment. lol
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    I absolutely despise it. I don't find it at all flattering, I think it's obnoxious and I hate the idea that just because I'm walking down the street, I'm open to be yelled at :/

Haha - There are those that just ignore it and move on and you can tell, but then there's you and your entire body tells us how you feel about it and that's like the smell of blood on the plains!! Not saying that its right, just saying that we know.
  • olivetree_
    olivetree_ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's annoying as hell. It's rude and obnoxious and obviously just coming from some dumb boys who think they're soooo cool for doing so. And I swear they're doing it sarcastically, too...
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I get either annoyed or creeped out depending on the guy's age... That's just not the kind of attention I want to be getting from guys. I'd be a lot more flattered by making a guy stammer or just be totally speechless :)
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    ROFL.... I'm the type of person that will randomly honk my horn at anyone just to scare them mainly LOL!!

I love to honk and wave at people like i know them and watch the confused look on their face as they try figure out who i am LOL!

And to stay on topic lol... it doesn't bother me if i get yelled out from a car lol as long as its not something mean like "FAT *****" or lol something i dont know... i'm too busy laughing thinking about my randomness of waving at strangers :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    It used to happen to me a lot all the way up into my mid-30's, then, it stopped. I miss it. I always liked it and usually just smiled and waved.
  • Julz2586
    Options
    It used to happen to me a lot all the way up into my mid-30's, then, it stopped. I miss it. I always liked it and usually just smiled and waved.

*HONKS HORN AND WAVES*
  • Julz2586
    Options

I CAN'T SEE IT!!! STUPID WORK COMPUTER!!
  • 123Kate
    123Kate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    if its something nice then outwardly I roll my eyes and ignore... inwardly im flattered and mentally fist pumping the air saying "yus!" lol.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's kind of flattering I guess. But I think I have more creeps around my area than anything else. I've had guys pull into the complex to pursue me as I was walking down the sidewalk and try to get me to talk to them, but I just kept on walking and shook my head like I didn't have the time of day. I've had guys just drive by and honk and yell, that's fine I guess. I've also had an old man just drive right up to me while I was waiting for my son's school bus and ask me why I was standing on the corner... THAT freaked me out, big time! I wasn't dressed provocatively or anything! He was just really creepy.

It's one thing if they just want to look and pay a compliment, that can be really nice sometimes. It's completely different if they're just cruising for booty and trying to actually get you to spend time on them. I don't think that could ever come across any other way than creepy. lol
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I find it slightly disrespectful and it usually startles me even though it happens multiple times whenever I am out now. Only rarely happened when I was fat. I know it's a "compliment" and I do consider it being a shallow barometer of being attractive. But I have had to many bad experiences with guys who yell and honk coming back and stopping and being vulgar or nuts or just too much / pushy about getting my number, getting to know me blah blah blah.

Still though I have to be honest and say I'd 1000% rather be looked over than over looked.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Lol, I usually just take it as a compliment.. unless they're old :embarassed: :sick: .. I once had a young guy stop at a busy green light to let me cross, and then he realized what he did, hahah - gotta say it did feel a little nice :tongue:

What? We old guys can't compliment the ladies anymore? Damn. It really is all downhill from here. :P
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    It usually scares the *kitten* out of me!! so no, i don't like it

and young immature aussie males seem to have a bad habit of hollering out at you when driving past :/
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i feel awesome and i show them my boobs.

FTW!
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I would prefer someone to honk and whistle than what someone yelled to me today. I was attempting to jog outside and I passed a group of people drinking outside their apartment and a large woman yelled "MAN, and I thought I had a big *kitten*!!"

very rude!

You should have yelled back at her that at least your trying to run it off instead of padding it with a 6 pack of beer.
  • TiffanyDeanee
    TiffanyDeanee Posts: 158
    Options
    I hate when it happens for a couple of reasons:
    First it always scares; I'm walking on a sidewalk, someone blows their horn, I jump out of the way thinking I'm about to be run over. When I realize they are just blowing their horn at me, you can literally see the smoke coming frm my ears.

Second, that is what you do to get the attention of a prostitute. I'm no prostitute.

Now since I have stated that, it is absolutely OK for me to blow my horn at a "sexy and he knows it" type of guy. That is just one of my double standards. :wink:
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    I don't really care, it is certainly better than being totally ignored and never noticed, hell the older I get the more it makes me smile!
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

What? We old guys can't compliment the ladies anymore? Damn. It really is all downhill from here. :P

^^^^^ old guys can't get away with anything anymore - but you were yelling from the chopper I thought you were the police**** next time give me some advance warning and I'll flash you! :flowerforyou: