When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I can only remember it happening once, a few months ago on a mid-morning run. A car behind me honked as it went by, and I was determined to not react....then I realized it was my hubby, so I smiled and waved. :bigsmile: And when I got home I asked him why he didn't pick me up?!! LOL
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    It bothers me. I don't particularly find cat-calling attractive. A woman should be treated with more respect.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    It's horrible and misogynistic. I'd be furious.
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Options
    I had a guy honking and yelling at me. Then I realized my car was smoking. Darn oil drain plug, knew I forgot something!
  • NicoleLauren17
    NicoleLauren17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My reaction depends on my mood. Good mood: I laugh. Bad mood: I give them the finger and potentially say mean things lol
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't really care. I guess it makes me feel hot... but it also kind of annoys me... I don't know. It's just whatever.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Well last week I was out walking it was towards the end of my walk, I was hot, sweaty and wishing I was already home. I was walking across a major intersection, I had the green light a guy pulled up in thr right lane wanting to make a right on red which would be fine if I was not walking in it and proceeded to yell "Get out of my way fat *kitten* ", I stopped looked at him and yelled back "You want to see a fat *kitten*" and proceeded to moon him. Yeah I know I sunk to his pathetic level but......
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I hate it. I must think too much about it nut the kinds of guys who do that are usually not the kinds of guys I want attention from.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I absolutely despise it. I don't find it at all flattering, I think it's obnoxious and I hate the idea that just because I'm walking down the street, I'm open to be yelled at :/
    This^^^
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I always get really annoyed, like yeah, get out of that car and say it to my face douche. People are so brave in their cars and behind computer screens
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Well last week I was out walking it was towards the end of my walk, I was hot, sweaty and wishing I was already home. I was walking across a major intersection, I had the green light a guy pulled up in thr right lane wanting to make a right on red which would be fine if I was not walking in it and proceeded to yell "Get out of my way fat *kitten* ", I stopped looked at him and yelled back "You want to see a fat *kitten*" and proceeded to moon him. Yeah I know I sunk to his pathetic level but......

You're awesome lol
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I would prefer someone to honk and whistle than what someone yelled to me today. I was attempting to jog outside and I passed a group of people drinking outside their apartment and a large woman yelled "MAN, and I thought I had a big *kitten*!!"

very rude!
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    I love it. Not gonna lie. Sometimes my husband will shake his butt too. It's great.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

LOL! He deserved that!
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    depends what their saying coming from someone who has lost about 80 pounds....HELL I LOVE IT...makes me feel good, and pushes me to do even better. You get tired of being known as the pretty face chunky girl..so having a little attention now a days FEELS GOOD:)
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options

People like that make me lose faith in humanity. But you, my friend, are just awesome! xD
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't really like it. It's happened to me a few times when I've been out running, and it just irritates me. Can't a girl run in peace?

I don't really mind being stopped in a store and told I'm beautiful or some guy asking for my number. But honking and stuff as they drive by bothers me. Maybe because in the former, the guy is usually paying me a compliment or interested in pursuing me. In the latter, it's just "LOOK AT THAT HOW PIECE OF *kitten* RUNNING DOWN THE STREET."
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It's happened to me quite a few times (the first time being when I was at my highest weight and with my then-fiance, he completely freaked at the guy! LOL)

Umm, yeah, I just either ignore it or look and roll my eyes or smile and walk away. It doesn't bug me.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I dont run outside anymore, but when I played lacrosse in school we'd have team runs once a week. Every time someone would honk or yell, our coach would make us do 10 pushups right there on the sidewalk. That was just one reason I hated it!
  • TJamesChristensen
    Options
    At one of the running groups I use to go to it was common for the girls to have those morons whistle / make comments as driving by. I would always wave and say "thanks but your not my type". They never think that's funny