When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel very conflicted, haha. Part of me thinks it's annoying and kind of gross, but the other part of me (my inner attention hog) is always flattered. I'm 50/50 on this one.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I hate it. I always think they're either making fun of me or my boobs are out of control. Makes me feel really self conscious.
  • ebuscher
    ebuscher Posts: 2
    Options
    This has happened to me... had to walk home 3 miles from the gym in 100 degree weather so I took my shirt off. Wound up stopping traffic. lol I chose to ignore the childish/immature part of it and take it as a compliment that they thought I was worth the fuss.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    embarrassed and flattered
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    How about when a cute girl walks by somewhere in public, but not a social scene like a bar or club, and I say "Hello, how are you?"

It's worked for me a few times, but I usually never try.

I seriously always wonder whether that is ok or it is rude to bother people.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Never happened to me but I would probably look behind me to try and see what they were really honking at. I mean a hot chick has to be standing near me, that stuff doesn't happen to me!
  • roger9
    roger9 Posts: 30
    Options
    I hate it! Ahh I live in a small town, so I run at night so people can't tell who I am. I feel really awkward when people see me/ yell at me when I'm running.
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Depends what they're yelling. :wink:

^^^THIS!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    If that ever happened to me, I would blush profusely and be secretly grateful.

No one *ever* looks at me in real life.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Usually roll eyes/ignore, unless they say something clever. Then I laugh and ignore.

I have had way too many experiences where some one will call out to you from a car or across the street and then curse you out because you aren't running over to talk to them, accusing you of being "uppity" or a "b***" or a "man-hater."
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    i feel awesome and i show them my boobs.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    How about when a cute girl walks by somewhere in public, but not a social scene like a bar or club, and I say "Hello, how are you?"

That would make me blush, stammer, and possibly run away.....but I would be flattered. Social scenes are the right place approach strangers in a "hey, how are you?" Sort of way. ;-)
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    Nothing trashy about it at all. Take in the compliment. I would think of it as a once in a while opportunity.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the intent of the hoots and hollers (and yes, you can totally tell) It's always nice if someone thinks you're attractive or flirting playfully. If you're a creep, it's typically apparent and unwelcome. Kinda like MFP attention. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    First make a split second analysis.. cute or not..? creep or not? If not a creep, wave and smile.. if a creep - flip off and show them how fast your Hemi can go!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Having been yelled at by women numerous times when running, I find the appropriate response is to twist my nipples while licking my lips. Everyone wins!
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Is that not common where you live? Now I understand why tourists go on and on about how friendly we are in Cape Breton lol. You can't walk down the street without at least one person saying "Hi" or asking "How's she goin' b'y?".
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Having been yelled at by women numerous times when running, I find the appropriate response is to twist my nipples while licking my lips. Everyone wins!

That might incite some to chase you down!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

That might incite some to chase you down!
    Yeah, but he's really fast. He could outrun them if he wanted or let them catch up if he wanted that instead.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to yell is "hey you want some fries with that shake"