Guys, should girls hit on you first?

Options

Replies

• Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I don't care who you are- if you like someone, do something. Don't run the risk of missing out on something because you waited for someone to approach you and they didn't.

This^^even if they say they only like you as a friend you, said your peace and if you don't . . .you will never know. . . maybe they like you just as much ;)
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Why risk never knowing what would have happened, I say go for it whether your a girl or guy.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I usually end up being the one giving my number out but it would be nice if someone asked for mine for a change.. I think in this day and age it can easily go both ways and it is not a big deal.

You have problems with guys asking for your number?

Seriously?

I stand by my previous commentary about guys in Tuscon being completely oblivious morons. You're the third very attractive, absolutely single woman there I've run across just in these forums.

It's very sad lol...girls in Phoenix, in general...are quite a bit more stuck on themselves.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I don't care who you are- if you like someone, do something. Don't run the risk of missing out on something because you waited for someone to approach you and they didn't.

This! I made the first move with my guy and it impressed the hell out of him. It was well worth it but if he had said "no thanks" then my life would have gone on as usual. You really have nothing to lose by expressing interest in someone.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Seriously right?

I often wonder how many wonderful women I may have actually (and mistakenly) passed by...completely assuming they had no interest whatsoever.

Well hi there, tiger.. :blushing:

(<--- totally fantastic, btw)

Well hey...how you doin'?!

:)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

This! I made the first move with my guy and it impressed the hell out of him. It was well worth it but if he had said "no thanks" then my life would have gone on as usual. You really have nothing to lose by expressing interest in someone.

EXACTLY!

If I hadn't give my bf my number and invited him to happy hour, we wouldn't be here 3 1/2 years later.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I usually end up being the one giving my number out but it would be nice if someone asked for mine for a change.. I think in this day and age it can easily go both ways and it is not a big deal.

Seriously?

I stand by my previous commentary about guys in Tuscon being completely oblivious morons. You're the third very attractive, absolutely single woman there I've run across just in these forums.

It's very sad lol...girls in Phoenix, in general...are quite a bit more stuck on themselves.

Thanks for the compliment! :) And yeah.... I have found this to be true more often than not..
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I'm extremely unapproachable. That's what women tell me anyway. I guess I just have that kinda demeanor about me. So when they do talk to me, I think they're trying to be nice, not flirting. LOL!

Go for it? The assertive people are better at this than others. The non-assertive folks really struggle with the "just go for it" idea. That's why it's important to have the opposite sex start things.
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Same thing for me actually :ohwell:
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Seriously?

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Just truth!

:blushing:
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Before I was married, I would never consider hitting on a guy or making the first move. I was too afraid of rejection. Still to this day, I never make the first move or initiate with my husband for fear of rejection. Maybe someday I will shake it off and just get balsy but that day hasn't come yet!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Since I am not a MIND READER, I always appreciate people that actually communicate ideas and emotions instead of waiting for others to randomly feel the same way at the same time.

So....go ahead and talk to a guy.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Before I was married, I would never consider hitting on a guy or making the first move. I was too afraid of rejection. I was known to wink at guys in bars to make them uncomfortable and just laugh. Still to this day, I never make the first move or initiate with my husband for fear of rejection. Maybe someday I will shake it off and just get balsy but that day hasn't come yet!

Think for a second though...

It's obvious he loves you, or you wouldn't be married.

It's very likely he's physically attracted to you....don't you think?

Imagine how awesome it would make him feel for you to just grab him by the shirt, and drag him up to the bedroom for an entire Sunday afternoon?

*nods wisely*
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Same thing for me actually :ohwell:

Hi. My name's Michael. What's your number? I will call tomorrow to arrange something nice*

*calls maybe recorded for MFP training purposes
  • dmbranchaud
    Options
    I don't have much experience coughcoughnonecoughcough with flirting and such. There have been a few times that I wanted to walk up and say "hi there" or "what are you reading?" or such. Now that I know guys like that I'll totally give it a go!!
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds great for a woman to have the confidence to make that first move and have done so myself more often than not. But honestly, at this point, I have to say that if a guy isn't interested enough or is too shy to do so, he's probably not the man I'm looking for. I've stopped being the aggressor and while I don't have as much interaction, it feels more natural to me not to be the CHASER. I always felt like I picked guys who were too nice to tell me they just wanted to be friends, so at least I know that's not the case if they make a move.

Good luck to you either way!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I never get hit on, but it would be awesome if I did. Apparently I give off some type of a-hole vibe or I'm just unapproachable or something.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Before I was married, I would never consider hitting on a guy or making the first move. I was too afraid of rejection. I was known to wink at guys in bars to make them uncomfortable and just laugh. Still to this day, I never make the first move or initiate with my husband for fear of rejection. Maybe someday I will shake it off and just get balsy but that day hasn't come yet!

Think for a second though...

It's obvious he loves you, or you wouldn't be married.

It's very likely he's physically attracted to you....don't you think?

Imagine how awesome it would make him feel for you to just grab him by the shirt, and drag him up to the bedroom for an entire Sunday afternoon?

*nods wisely*

I am going to try this when I get home today. If it is a total fail...it is all YOUR fault!!!
  • iva001
    iva001 Posts: 162
    Options
    I've been told by guy friends that asking other guys out makes me seem easy or that I am looking for sex. So that is why I'm afraid of asking guys out. Once, I cooked a guy dinner and when I told him around 1am that he should head home because it was late, he told me he thought I wanted him to spend the night!!!!! I guess when you ask a guy out you don't know how he will interpret that.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends in the situation and circumstances...I approached my other half first....I them left it in his court of which he followed up...:-)

As a general rule...I think being spontaneous in a situation helps....if you like someone just go for it. Their loss if they don't at least See where the land lies or get to know you...

I prefer being approached...at least I know the attraction may be mutual depending. I guess being female I like to put the vibes out there and then leave it to the guy. In some cases I like the direct approach. Theres a number of different factors for me personally.