Guys, should girls hit on you first?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I've been told by guy friends that asking other guys out makes me seem easy or that I am looking for sex. So that is why I'm afraid of asking guys out. Once, I cooked a guy dinner and when I told him around 1am that he should head home because it was late, he told me he thought I wanted him to spend the night!!!!! I guess when you ask a guy out you don't know how he will interpret that.
    Wait, so if a girl talks to us it doesn't necessarily mean that she wants to sleep with us? :explode:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Wait, so if a girl talks to us it doesn't necessarily mean that she wants to sleep with us? :explode:

It's all so complicated...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Before I was married, I would never consider hitting on a guy or making the first move. I was too afraid of rejection. I was known to wink at guys in bars to make them uncomfortable and just laugh. Still to this day, I never make the first move or initiate with my husband for fear of rejection. Maybe someday I will shake it off and just get balsy but that day hasn't come yet!

Think for a second though...

It's obvious he loves you, or you wouldn't be married.

It's very likely he's physically attracted to you....don't you think?

Imagine how awesome it would make him feel for you to just grab him by the shirt, and drag him up to the bedroom for an entire Sunday afternoon?

*nods wisely*

I am going to try this when I get home today. If it is a total fail...it is all YOUR fault!!!

Just make DAMN sure not to tell him that this guy on MFP with no shirt told you that you should ravage him mercilessly.

It'll take away from his level of appreciation...substantially lol.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I certainly don't mind that. Anything to bump up my self esteem a bit.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I've been told by guy friends that asking other guys out makes me seem easy or that I am looking for sex. So that is why I'm afraid of asking guys out. Once, I cooked a guy dinner and when I told him around 1am that he should head home because it was late, he told me he thought I wanted him to spend the night!!!!! I guess when you ask a guy out you don't know how he will interpret that.

I suggest finding new guy friends lol
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I would have already approached them.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Why shouldn't a girl...if you want it, go get it.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I absolutely have hit on guys first. If I can tell that they noticed me but haven't made the first move, I'm on my way. I don't have all day, ya know!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Why shouldn't a girl...if you want it, go get it.
    I agree completely!
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Go for it? The assertive people are better at this than others. The non-assertive folks really struggle with the "just go for it" idea. That's why it's important to have the opposite sex start things.
    ^^For us shy folks, the flip side of "just go for it" is that sometimes false hope :love: :embarassed: is better than no hope! :brokenheart: :sad:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl, but I wouldn't hit on a guy first. If he needs me to walk up to him to realize that I'm alive, then I probably won't like him in return. But that is just me. Some girls have good luck with approaching men - I don't. I've done it before and it's a disaster.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't ever get hit on, so therefore, I have to do the hitting. Why wait. If you like something, go get it.