Who initiates in your house??

Options

Replies

• saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    How many times a week is everyone doing it?

Daily, or a bit more. Hard to get more in, with three kids.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    He has mentioned lingerie several times. I always feel so stupid and that I have no business wearing it cause I don't look like a VS model but maybe I should just go for it.

Women need to knock this sh** off. Seriously...I don't mean to come off insulting so don't take it that way...but my wife does this too and it drives me nuts.

Nobody is going to see you in the lingerie but him and you. If he WANTS to see it then why would you deny that? My wife is overweight...so what? She looks beautiful in lingerie and even better when I'm removing it with my teeth.

And for the record...I doubt he's ever f***ed a VS model...so he has no reason to complain.

Seriously, if I could reach thru my computer and give you a huge hug/high five right now I totally would. That is EXACTLY what I needed to hear.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    He has mentioned lingerie several times. I always feel so stupid and that I have no business wearing it cause I don't look like a VS model but maybe I should just go for it.

Women need to knock this sh** off. Seriously...I don't mean to come off insulting so don't take it that way...but my wife does this too and it drives me nuts.

Nobody is going to see you in the lingerie but him and you. If he WANTS to see it then why would you deny that? My wife is overweight...so what? She looks beautiful in lingerie and even better when I'm removing it with my teeth.

And for the record...I doubt he's ever f***ed a VS model...so he has no reason to complain.

^^^^This. This. This. BUT, when a woman does not feel good about herself, it's EXTREMELY difficult to put herself out there for the hubs. I've been there....dropped over 50lbs and I like myself again and I'm all over the hub now :blushing:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you my side of it.. I feel like I do EVERYTHING at home. My husband eats peanuts, and leaves the peanut dust and shells all over the counter.. I come home and the island counter is a huge mess.. the dogs get into a mess, and I have to clean it.. I get my son ready for bed, bath, story, bed.. I mostly make dinner..

He has a hard time sleeping, so he comes home, sits at his computer and goes to bed early.. so by the time I have "ME" time, its 9pm, and I'm trying to eat my dinner and get to bed by 10ish.. that precious hour is all the time I have to myself.. so a lot of the time, I feel like having my hour. LOL. The rest of the day is stress; work, working out, cleaning up, making dinner, etc..

If he did more of the house stuff, I'd feel like doing it more often, but it feels like another point on my checklist that I have to get done each day.. but I try to make an effort..

So you guys need to look at that.. Is your wife busting her *kitten* with the house, bills, work??

and do the girls who wear panties and heels when their hubby comes home have children?? I couldn't do that, I have a young son..

The one thing I will say for my husband, who I love very much, is that he picks up our son, and enables me to make sure I get my work out every day.. he didn't used to do that.. and he's seen that if I can work out, I am more in the mood.. especially since losing some weight. I have more stamina, and I feel better about myself.

Well, it sounds like you have all your excuses wrapped up with a nice little bow, doesn't it? Complaining is not likely to get help around the house. Take some of your "you" time and make it "us" time. Or, god forbid, go to bed a little later every now and then.

And yes, I have a 6 year old daughter. I just make sure that I am prepared for the nights where she goes to sleepovers, or will not be home due to gymnastics until later. Plus, the heels and panties thing was not the ONLY thing mentioned, and I bet your kid has a bedtime, right? After he goes down, YOU go down.

Perhaps he would be a bit more social toward you and helpful around the house if he felt like there was a reason to give a half a s#it! You would be AMAZED at how much more cooperative a man who doesn't feel cast aside so that you can live YOUR life.

Put a bowl on the counter for the peanuts and ask him to use that. Get rid of the dogs if they negatively affect your relationship with your husband. Yes, I love my dogs, but if it was that much of a drain for me to take care of them that I pick them over intimacy, someone else will love them too.

If a person wants something bad enough, they will find a way. The only thing standing between anyone and their goal is the bulls#it story they keep telling themselves as to why they can't achieve it.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    ...this thread makes me sad. :(

especially when you see there are women who have a libido

Is that the womans fault if they don't tho? How do you fix that?

There are a million reasons for a decreased libido. I don't think blaming someone for a low libido is productive in the least bit. HOWEVER...that doesn't mean you can't try to figure out the cause and make changes. I'm well aware my wife's is probably because of her weight. I expect that once she's able to start losing weight with me it will increase and I'm fine with that.
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    It's equal between my boyfriend and I.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My husband initiates 99% of the time. I used to initiate a lot but medication I am on totally killed my sex drive. :frown:
    He complains about it once in awhile but not very often. I dont turn him down very often though either.

We do it a couple times a week.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Have you talked to a Dr? Could be a hormonal issue.

But if it's more emotional, talk to your husband and/or a therapist.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have been told I have the sex drive of a teenage boy..

ha! Me too!
  • Sunshine_and_Puppies
    Options
    In a relationship I am the one to initiate most of the time which can get very annoying, cuz there's nothing sexier than being grabbed, stripped down and shoved against a wall... you know. All you gotta do is walk up and grab his junk. It isn't all that difficult to get a man going.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I have the sex drive of a middle schooler...and so does my hubby. It's whoever gets to it first. I'll just be walking around and go "oh hey...wanna bang?"
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    In my 1st marriage I only remember my wife initiating once and I remember alot of being turned down, 2nd marriage was much better until about our 7th year then it turned into the 1st marriage. I've been single for a while now, I think I'm waiting for someone to initiate.:wink:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you my side of it.. I feel like I do EVERYTHING at home. My husband eats peanuts, and leaves the peanut dust and shells all over the counter.. I come home and the island counter is a huge mess.. the dogs get into a mess, and I have to clean it.. I get my son ready for bed, bath, story, bed.. I mostly make dinner..

He has a hard time sleeping, so he comes home, sits at his computer and goes to bed early.. so by the time I have "ME" time, its 9pm, and I'm trying to eat my dinner and get to bed by 10ish.. that precious hour is all the time I have to myself.. so a lot of the time, I feel like having my hour. LOL. The rest of the day is stress; work, working out, cleaning up, making dinner, etc..

If he did more of the house stuff, I'd feel like doing it more often, but it feels like another point on my checklist that I have to get done each day.. but I try to make an effort..

So you guys need to look at that.. Is your wife busting her *kitten* with the house, bills, work??

and do the girls who wear panties and heels when their hubby comes home have children?? I couldn't do that, I have a young son..

The one thing I will say for my husband, who I love very much, is that he picks up our son, and enables me to make sure I get my work out every day.. he didn't used to do that.. and he's seen that if I can work out, I am more in the mood.. especially since losing some weight. I have more stamina, and I feel better about myself.

Well, it sounds like you have all your excuses wrapped up with a nice little bow, doesn't it? Complaining is not likely to get help around the house. Take some of your "you" time and make it "us" time. Or, god forbid, go to bed a little later every now and then.

And yes, I have a 6 year old daughter. I just make sure that I am prepared for the nights where she goes to sleepovers, or will not be home due to gymnastics until later. Plus, the heels and panties thing was not the ONLY thing mentioned, and I bet your kid has a bedtime, right? After he goes down, YOU go down.

Perhaps he would be a bit more social toward you and helpful around the house if he felt like there was a reason to give a half a s#it! You would be AMAZED at how much more cooperative a man who doesn't feel cast aside so that you can live YOUR life.

Put a bowl on the counter for the peanuts and ask him to use that. Get rid of the dogs if they negatively affect your relationship with your husband. Yes, I love my dogs, but if it was that much of a drain for me to take care of them that I pick them over intimacy, someone else will love them too.

If a person wants something bad enough, they will find a way. The only thing standing between anyone and their goal is the bulls#it story they keep telling themselves as to why they can't achieve it.

Gale, I just want you to know that i love you.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    For those of you saying "he's seriously going to leave you?! That's petty!"

How is feeling undesirable petty? I've struggled with this in my marriage for awhile now. My wife's libido has gone way down the tubes over the last 2 or 3 years...half the time I get turned down or she acts like it's a chore and the other half I have to initiate. She never does. The sex we have is fantastic but getting started is a big hurdle and it has regularly made me feel unwanted, undesired, and self conscious. If that's petty then so be it but I can't blame the guy. Especially if you are aware of the issue.

I'll be realistic...I probably won't leave my wife over it. While it frustrates me like I said it's pretty amazing once we get going. But I can't discredit someone else feeling that way. If they feel bad enough about it to consider leaving then it's obviously important and needs to be addressed.

2 things...

The question wasn't about how often you do it...if you're busy doing all those things you have a right to be tired and want alone time. That has nothing to do with initiating.

As for the children arguement...I'm guessing if a woman has children...so does her husband...just a thought. Who said you needed to meet him at the door in panties? I'd be perfectly happy with my wife simply rolling over and kissing on my neck. I don't need some big special initiation every time. I just want to feel like she actually enjoys and WANTS to have sex with me.

I don't think anybody asking that...male or female...is wrong.

exactly.

About being tired: I don't find that a valid excuse. i know it sounds harsh, but it's a cheap excuse in my book. Marriage is hard work, it takes effort. i hear a lot of women say that(mine included) and I wonder how they would react if their men told them the vast majority of the time they don't feel like taking them out, buying them gifts, etc because they were too tired.
  • lukeout007
    Options

Gale, I just want you to know that i love you.

I second that.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    For those of you saying "he's seriously going to leave you?! That's petty!"

How is feeling undesirable petty? I've struggled with this in my marriage for awhile now. My wife's libido has gone way down the tubes over the last 2 or 3 years...half the time I get turned down or she acts like it's a chore and the other half I have to initiate. She never does. The sex we have is fantastic but getting started is a big hurdle and it has regularly made me feel unwanted, undesired, and self conscious. If that's petty then so be it but I can't blame the guy. Especially if you are aware of the issue.

I'll be realistic...I probably won't leave my wife over it. While it frustrates me like I said it's pretty amazing once we get going. But I can't discredit someone else feeling that way. If they feel bad enough about it to consider leaving then it's obviously important and needs to be addressed.

2 things...

The question wasn't about how often you do it...if you're busy doing all those things you have a right to be tired and want alone time. That has nothing to do with initiating.

As for the children arguement...I'm guessing if a woman has children...so does her husband...just a thought. Who said you needed to meet him at the door in panties? I'd be perfectly happy with my wife simply rolling over and kissing on my neck. I don't need some big special initiation every time. I just want to feel like she actually enjoys and WANTS to have sex with me.

I don't think anybody asking that...male or female...is wrong.

It isn't wrong, there is nothing wrong about it. I think the people saying it was a silly thing to threaten to leave someone over it didn't consider the fact she might just be having sex out of 'duty'. From what I read, I thought it meant she just simply wasn't initiating. And if that is the case, I still think it is dramatic. If, however, she was just laying there and clearly bored- that is a HUGE ego deflation for anyone, and maybe more so for a man. It is hurtful. Everyone wants to feel desired by their partner.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

There are a million reasons for a decreased libido. I don't think blaming someone for a low libido is productive in the least bit. HOWEVER...that doesn't mean you can't try to figure out the cause and make changes. I'm well aware my wife's is probably because of her weight. I expect that once she's able to start losing weight with me it will increase and I'm fine with that.

Emphasis mine. EXACTLY. How would you feel if your husband was having issues with getting/maintaining an erection and blamed it on you? You'd feel HORRIBLE. So don't do it to him.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

No kidding. What really sucks is the woman I was with just before I met my wife wanted it all the time. And when my wife and I met, we did it almost every day of the week and sometimes 2 and 3 times in a day. And I always take the time to make sure she gets everything she wants unless she tells me she just wants it fast and furious. But once we got married she tells me sex is not important. WTF? And I am the one who gets the girls every day, makes them dinner, and we split house work 50/50. I used to think there was no excuse to cheat on your wife. Used to think. I haven't done it, don't think I would. But I no longer think guys are scum for cheating.
  • lukeout007
    Options

Emphasis mine. EXACTLY. How would you feel if your husband was having issues with getting/maintaining an erection and blamed it on you? You'd feel HORRIBLE. So don't do it to him.

Exactly.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, my wife does initiate more, but it's only because I don't bother trying anymore. After getting rejected so many times, a guy kind of gets sick of it.

This is the reason I don't initiate it anymore. Got tired of always being turned down.