Are most men like this to live with??

Options

Replies

• brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    I haven't read trough all of the replies, but NO, not all men are like that, and the ones that are need their *kitten* kicked. :-/

I'd tell him to get off his *kitten* and do something. I'll be damned if my girls end up with lazy *kitten* men. And my boys won't be lazy neither. I can't tolerate that ****.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all 5 pages. What happens if you tell him to do his own damn dishes and make his own dinner?
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    See if he mother did everything? Please, he knows what to do, but give him a change. Talk to him. Lay your concerns on the table. LOL. This is just to funny to me, but lay the everything on the table. Let see what the attitude or reaction will be. Sometimes you have to train them, some dont come already trained.
    Then again you may have gotten a boy instead of a man.:smile:
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    NO! Not all guys are like this, your guys sounds like a complete douche who is going to want to control you the rest of his life so get out now, and for those people who say that all guys are like this have been living with a douche as well. If you can't learn to share in the responsibilities than it isn't going to work out at all. He had to do all of those things on his own before you moved in so it shouldn't be a big deal for him to keep doing them.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You have to tell him what you want first. If he doesn't comply, withhold sex. That would get me to do the dishes! Then again, maybe I'd just buy paper plates so I could throw them away. Lol
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that you are sleeping on a single mattress on the floor when your boyfriend has a nice, new double bed. Something about this whole situation screams of power and control issues. It is one thing to be lazy, but he seems worse than that. I hate to say it, but get you a job, and get out of there. :frown:
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    My man knows better than to leave his dirty plates/clothes and mess laying around!
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I can't get over the fact he has you sleeping on a mattress on the floor :frown:

Not even my pets sleep on the floor! :frown:

I had an ex a bit like this. I did loads of overtime and saved up in secret until I could get the flip flop away from him.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    What I have learned from this... don't take advice from people who have a frickin cat for their profile picture.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    if life together is so awful that you cant see past this and you'd rather ask strangers than the man you love, totally break up with him.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    What I have learned from this... don't take advice from people who have a frickin cat for their profile picture.

Yeah you're right. I should have stayed with my ex. Esp after he broke a wall using my head.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    making his bed??? do you have separate beds??

stop babying him..hes a grown man...set the record straight NOW or he will expect you to do this FOREVER!!!!

We actually do have separate beds which I find quite weird! I never thought at the age of 26 that my bf and I would sleep in different beds. We have an arrangement happening where he has his comfy new double mattress and I have a single mattress on the floor. He expects me to make his bed which I resent a bit I must say when I have to make it and then make my own small single mattress...
    The thing is we're not financially equal, I don't pay rent at the moment because I've moved here from overseas and I'm looking for full time work (which im looking forward to to get me out of the house and meeting people).
    lol wtf
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    wow he souds like an *kitten*. have you tried to talk to him about how you dont like it? if you did and he refused i would say get out while you still can. ive lived with my boyfriend for two years and i will admit that he is lazy, but he will clean up if i ask him. i dont think about it like him being crule, its kinda just how he is. which sucks, but i knew who he was when we started dating. that being said, he is probably only going to demand more the longer you stay with him. im just guessing, but even with the slightest chance of being true its worth it to leave. you dont 'need' him you can find another way to make it. i enjoy cooking and cleaning, but i dont do it to 'hold my share' even tho i make less money then him it dosent matter. this is a talk you should have had before moving in with eachother
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Not at all...most men use only Solo Cups and ping pong balls. The rest just happens when a woman moves in
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I hate man bashing threads with an all-consuming passion.

Men. Are. Awesome.

Guess what - I suck at keeping the dishes and laundry and other chores done. I'm a girl.
    Penises don't make someone a slob. Being a slob makes someone a slob.

Men - YOU ROCK! I love that you're logical and solution-based. I love when you make me feel safe. I love the way you smell. I love the way you look. I love when you fix things for me or show me how to fix them. I love that you put up with my emotional roller coasters.
    Men. Are. Awesome.

/endrant
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yes, all men are like this -- it's a requirement to having a penis.

The only logical suggestion, to end this vicious cycle, is for you to become a lesbian immediately.
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    making his bed??? do you have separate beds??

stop babying him..hes a grown man...set the record straight NOW or he will expect you to do this FOREVER!!!!

We actually do have separate beds which I find quite weird! I never thought at the age of 26 that my bf and I would sleep in different beds. We have an arrangement happening where he has his comfy new double mattress and I have a single mattress on the floor. He expects me to make his bed which I resent a bit I must say when I have to make it and then make my own small single mattress...
    The thing is we're not financially equal, I don't pay rent at the moment because I've moved here from overseas and I'm looking for full time work (which im looking forward to to get me out of the house and meeting people).

:noway: WHAT?!?!? Absurdity to say the least! Who cares how much money you do or do not make? You are a human being! You are not a dog that needs to be sleeping in a little special bed on the floor! Demand respect! If he can't deliver, move on!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Men. Are. Awesome.

Guess what - I suck at keeping the dishes and laundry and other chores done. I'm a girl.

Men - YOU ROCK! I love that you're logical and solution-based. I love when you make me feel safe. I love the way you smell. I love the way you look. I love when you fix things for me or show me how to fix them. I love that you put up with my emotional roller coasters.
    Men. Are. Awesome.

/endrant

I love how you look while eating a banana. :)
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

Men. Are. Awesome.

Men. Are. Awesome.

/endrant

Thanks! I love this post...and what I really can't stand whether it's men or women bashing...The guy isn't here to defend himself or tell his side...For all we know...She could be living rent free and he could be making her car payments...mowing the lawn and doing other stuff....We will never know....
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Yes, all men are like this -- it's a requirement to having a penis.

The only logical suggestion, to end this vicious cycle, is for you to become a lesbian immediately.

LOL!
This discussion has been closed.